Poll - What ta do with McGahee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Why don't we just wait to see how he looks in TC? I think we should do it the old fashioned way, and let him compete for a roster spot.
    Agreed! Plus, what if one of the other RB's gets injured? His salary is high, but not so high that it's crippling the team. Better to keep him around IMO.

Comment

I cannot believe the amount of miss-information which is going into peoples decisions and posts here.

As per NFL.com (which let's face it is where the stats come from/ matter):

He is 31 Years old (not 34 as I have seen others mention).
      He had a total of 5 Fumbles (4 of which were lost).
      Carries: 167 + 26 (193 total)
      Fumble Percentage: 2.6% (compared to Hillman: 2.1%, L.Ball 2.0%, K.Moreno .62%)
      He had an avg. of 4.4 YPC (running) and 8.5 (receiving).

Looking at the stats if the choice was between Moreno and McGahee you'd need to choose between fewer fumbles and fewer yards per carry (Moreno had 3.8 avg YPC and 8.0 avg. yds/reception) or more fumbles but a much higher YPC avg. and reception yards avg.

Based on these stats I think I am with PowerAddict - see how it all falls into place in TC.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        Why don't we just wait to see how he looks in TC? I think we should do it the old fashioned way, and let him compete for a roster spot.
        Unless the Broncos release for cap or other reasons, that is exactly what will happen. This is the time for gathering the best football players together. Cuts come after TC at the end of preseason.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Regardless, it looks as though Montee will play a part immediately:

"...When Denver took the Wisconsin workhorse late in the second round, it had big designs for him. However, I believe after getting him into their camp, the Broncos have even bigger plans for Ball. He has looked polished and prepared to be an instant difference-maker. I thought Peyton Manning's recent comments on the team’s expectations of Ball were compelling. It is rare for a superstar to say such things of a second-round pick so soon after the draft. It is clear Denver thinks it has something special in Ball. "

Peyton likes him already too, which says a lot.

Comment

I think there is a good chance Willie could be starter but only to make Ball hunger to be starter. If Ball turns out the be the player we hope he will be then it will not take too much time at all for him to get the start over Willie.
            I will always be a Bronco fan--->

But my Heart is with the UK Wildcats-->

Comment

Well, we know that somebody is going to be on the chopping block. There is no way that Denver carries this many RB's into the regular season. Imo, it is going to be Moreno or McGahee. 1 is aged and can't hold onto the ball and the other is constantly on IR becauase he can't stay healthy.

Comment

Well...that decides this poll. McGahee was cut.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93...willis-mcgahee

Comment

Can he return for a cheaper price?

Comment

Originally posted by NorCaliBronco View Post

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...fter-two-years

Looks like Broncos decided.....thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by NorCaliBronco View Post
                      I highly doubt he will.
                      "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Comment

He got cut

Comment

Working...
                        X