DRC is going to shine + more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    I watch AZ too...my bro n nephew go to every game...they loved DRC...they did say when you watch a whole game he'll get lazy here or there or rely too much on his speed but I don't see that as a problem here with JDR at the reigns on a team w/our expectations and locker room
    I agree that it will probably be fixed as he has matured and is surrounded by the right kind of people, all I'm saying is that he was very overrated by some people as a Cardinal. Looking forward to big things from him and the rest of our defense this year.
    sigpic
    Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Your post doesn't make any sense

So the top ten corner is the only one you're worried about?

And DRC can run with anybody in this league easily
      Yes it does, Champ got burned too many times last year. Sure he can cover well but when you screws up it is going to cost us 7. I said I hope DRC gets the more athletic WRs in man to man because he can stick with them deep while Champ can't. If we were playing against Champ DT would destroy him.
      Last edited by orangecrushtime; 06-06-2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Another highlights vid, alot of the same highlights, although there are other ones in here, but more 1v1 close ups and TV camera angles on this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPob8hkjHW8

Comment

Originally posted by orangecrushtime View Post
          Yes it does, Champ got burned too many times last year. Sure he can cover well but when you screws up it is going to cost us 7. I said I hope DRC gets the more athletic WRs in man to man because he can stick with them deep while Champ can't. If we were playing against Champ DT would destroy him.
          Champ didn't allow a single pass over 40 yards until the postseason. And he was far from burned on both of those plays. He was actually catching up with Smith on the first one and he was stride for stride with him on the 2nd one.

Comment

Dude, who burned Champ last year? Oh yeah Torrey Smith got behind him a couple times in ONE game, and idc what anyone says, the second TD (which Champ was in perfect position for) was OPI on Smith that wasn't called, it was a hard call to make in that situation for sure, but if you watch it in slow-mo, Champ goes to jump for the ball, and Smith PULLS HIM DOWN while he goes up and jumps, what the hell can Champ do in that situation? I don't know if you've ever played CB, but I can tell you Champ cannot do anything there, that was OPI, and a great play by Smith because he did it very subtle and got away with it

Go watch All-22 from last year...Champ ran stride for stride with; Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Andre Johnson, AJ Green, Roddy White, Julio Jones, Steve Smith, Vincent Jackson, and just about anyone else...He was a little bit slow in the Ravens game, that's clear to see, it's also clear to see he was not at his regular game speed, that extreme cold affected him and he just wasn't fast that day....ANY athlete will tell you some days you're just faster than others, that's why the combine doesn't always show a players' true speed, everyone has slow days...Champ had one on a cold day at the wrong time....but it's ridiculous how because of TWO plays (one of which Smith was overthrown) in ONE HALF, everyone just thinks Champ is slow now....how could he run with the guys he did with early in the year if he was truly that speed?...If you have All-22, you'll see exactly what I mean...go back and watch it, you can see what I'm talking about

Comment

He allowed one TD in the regular season.
              sigpic
              Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Dude, who burned Champ last year? Oh yeah Torrey Smith got behind him a couple times in ONE game, and idc what anyone says, the second TD (which Champ was in perfect position for) was OPI on Smith that wasn't called, it was a hard call to make in that situation for sure, but if you watch it in slow-mo, Champ goes to jump for the ball, and Smith PULLS HIM DOWN while he goes up and jumps, what the hell can Champ do in that situation? I don't know if you've ever played CB, but I can tell you Champ cannot do anything there, that was OPI, and a great play by Smith because he did it very subtle and got away with it

Go watch All-22 from last year...Champ ran stride for stride with; Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Andre Johnson, AJ Green, Roddy White, Julio Jones, Steve Smith, Vincent Jackson, and just about anyone else...He was a little bit slow in the Ravens game, that's clear to see, it's also clear to see he was not at his regular game speed, that extreme cold affected him and he just wasn't fast that day....ANY athlete will tell you some days you're just faster than others, that's why the combine doesn't always show a players' true speed, everyone has slow days...Champ had one on a cold day at the wrong time....but it's ridiculous how because of TWO plays (one of which Smith was overthrown) in ONE HALF, everyone just thinks Champ is slow now....how could he run with the guys he did with early in the year if he was truly that speed?...If you have All-22, you'll see exactly what I mean...go back and watch it, you can see what I'm talking about
                I don't even think it's that. The first TD was the only real separation Smith got and that was because Champ was clearly expecting him to go outside. Champ's first step was his right foot forward like he was about to press Smith. He didn't press him though, and Smith got a clean release to the inside because Champ's hips were facing the wrong way. He guessed as to what Smith was going to do and he was wrong and it resulted in Smith getting a step on him down the field.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  I don't even think it's that. The first TD was the only real separation Smith got and that was because Champ was clearly expecting him to go outside. Champ's first step was his right foot forward like he was about to press Smith. He didn't press him though, and Smith got a clean release to the inside because Champ's hips were facing the wrong way. He guessed as to what Smith was going to do and he was wrong and it resulted in Smith getting a step on him down the field.
                  No, you're right I'm just saying, that play and the one where Flacco overthrew Smith were the only two where anybody really got behind Champ all season...and it's just funny that everyone thinks he's "slow" now and can't hang w/speed guys...it's like nobody understands there's alot more to it than that, as you just showed

Also, they were exploiting a big flaw in our D, we had NO safety in the middle of the field, notice how much room Flacco had to throw inside....that is so hard on a CB...that's what makes DRC's play vs NYG so damn impressive is he still made that play because of his insane speed and length, but most CB's have no chance if the QB can throw it anywhere downfield inside or out...Champ had outside leverage but there was nobody deep on the inside of the field, both times Smith got behind Champ

and again, that second TD was CLEARLY OPI...love how nobody mentions that Champ literally almost eats it after the play because he's still so off-balance from trying to jump and having Smith yank him down from his back and go over him...again like I said, great play by Smith because it was so subtle it was hard to see (I don't even really put it on the refs) but when you watch the replay, it's clear as day

Comment

Working...
                  X