Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people labeling Julius Thomas a bust ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people labeling Julius Thomas a bust ?

I find this really harsh.

He was drafted in the 4th round 2 years ago. People knew he was a project and would take a couple of years to really 'get it' and get serious playing time.

I know he had the ankle injury and I know he could of had limited time on the field these 2 years and made a few plays, but I don't see any real problem with him.

It was reported that towards the end of last season he was having great practices and looked really good, but as Denver were towards the business end of the season they didn't want to disrupt the offense, which was fair enough.

Now he's healthy and looking great in OTA's.

I know some people are just practice players and I know he has to show it on the field, but I think he's right on course to be that player we drafted.

Considering he was so raw coming out, it is understandable that he would need time

That said I think people laugh at the "he is owning in OTAs" articles

This is a make or break year for him because as we have seen with guys like Triandos Luke and the "claw"(forget the name of him), doing well in OTAs and TC doesnt mean a whole lot

Still better to hear him to well than to hear that he sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
      Considering he was so raw coming out, it is understandable that he would need time

That said I think people laugh at the "he is owning in OTAs" articles

This is a make or break year for him because as we have seen with guys like Triandos Luke and the "claw"(forget the name of him), doing well in OTAs and TC doesnt mean a whole lot

Still better to hear him to well than to hear that he sucks
      Yeah practice is one thing, games are another.

I just find it funny that when he was drafted people were high on him but kept saying 'he's raw, he needs 2-3 years before making an impact'

Now they call him a bust lol

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
        I find this really harsh.

He was drafted in the 4th round 2 years ago. People knew he was a project and would take a couple of years to really 'get it' and get serious playing time.

I know he had the ankle injury and I know he could of had limited time on the field these 2 years and made a few plays, but I don't see any real problem with him.

It was reported that towards the end of last season he was having great practices and looked really good, but as Denver were towards the business end of the season they didn't want to disrupt the offense, which was fair enough.

Now he's healthy and looking great in OTA's.

I know some people are just practice players and I know he has to show it on the field, but I think he's right on course to be that player we drafted.
        Because 75% of fans want results NOW! And if they don't see them from a young player they want them cut and a new player drafted. They don't want to give any young player time to develop
        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

He is having a good training camp we will see

Comment

actually it is because he has been injured for much of his time in the NFL. There is limited tape of his playing, so he has not had an opportunity to really learn his job. He is still young and if he can come back healthy, he can turn things around pretty quick.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
              Because 75% of fans want results NOW! And if they don't see them from a young player they want them cut and a new player drafted. They don't want to give any young player time to develop
              Where should this development time come from? There are 53 spots on the roster, and we already have at least 60 deserving players for those spots. How much time can a spot be wasted on raw and oft injured? The roster has lacked true bottom end talent for years so keeping guys around wasn't such a big deal, but now its a luxury we don't have.
              2014 adopt a Bronco #63 Ben Garland

Comment

Originally posted by NVBroncfan View Post
                Where should this development time come from? There are 53 spots on the roster, and we already have at least 60 deserving players for those spots. How much time can a spot be wasted on raw and oft injured? The roster has lacked true bottom end talent for years so keeping guys around wasn't such a big deal, but now its a luxury we don't have.
                There's much more value having JT on the roster then Greg Orton, Gerrell Robinson or Andre Caldwell.

Comment

The coaching staff must see a lot of upside to burn a roster spot for 2 years on a 4th round draft pick.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Keeping a talented YOUNG player who has shown talent in practice or games should be kept over declining 30+ vets even if they are injured. You do nothing but set your team up for failure if you load your team up with old vets.

Young guys can turn there careers around if they are injury prone at any point. History is riddled with guys like that
                    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      There's much more value having JT on the roster then Greg Orton, Gerrell Robinson or Andre Caldwell.
                      How do you know that Robinson wouldn't be more valuable?

JW, because thus far they are in the same boat; show out or get out.
                      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

I guess that depends on how good you think he can be. If I thought he was the next Shannon Sharpe or even better I certainly would hold on to him cause he will turn out to pay big dividends. He was a project when he was brought in and the coaches knew it. He was not drafted for immediate impact. They saw something then and still do cause he is still here. I like him and I'll have faith in him and the coaches and show some patients. We have playmakers all over this roster and I don't see the big need to get rid of him, I'd like to see what he is capable of first.
                        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                          How do you know that Robinson wouldn't be more valuable?

JW, because thus far they are in the same boat; show out or get out.
                          well there is a different between the 2, JT is #4 in TE, and Robinson is at best #6 (Thomas/Decker/Welker/Holiday/King) and that's if he can beat out Caldwell. JT was also Drafted while Robinson wasn't, players you draft are given alittle more

Comment

He's done nothing in two years, lol, he's a bust.

Now, he can change that if he finally breaks out. (which I think may happen)

Comment

There are likely going to be 4 TEs, that's how many we kept last season I don't see any reason for it to change. We can afford to let him develop because we have essentially 2 stop gaps in Dreessen and Tamme. Dreessen is going to be 31 next season and I doubt either Tamme or Dreessen will be re-upped.

Comment

Working...
                              X