Broncos are big spenders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos are big spenders!

The Denver Broncos are tied for 2nd so far this year in spending on free agents . They have had an increase of 17.98 millon this year. (The Eagles are the biggest spenders this year with 19.85 million increase in salary.

http://overthecap.com/unrestricted-f...ns-and-losses/

Who said Pat Bowlen was Cheap & Broke?
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Can you say "Stacked"

Stay healthy, play smart, Win Big :thumb:
      [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
        Maybe instead of looking at their check books, the Denver Nuggets owners should be more like Pat Bowlen. Pat Bowlen knows when to spend and when not to, hes all about "winning". We only spend alot because we could, I'm sure there are alot of other teams that wish they were as good as the Broncos are with their cap space.

Comment

I think the Broncos have been using the money they have wisely. Yes...we haven't been perfect, but we do not have major issues like some teams (Oakland, Dallas, etc) with their spending.

Comment

That is usually not a good thing

However the contracts we gave out are relatively short with not too much money invested
            I mean getting Welker for 6 mil a year was fantastic value

But we are going to need our cap space, got a couple big names coming up for contract extensions

Comment

Couldn't throw Doom a bone though.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                Couldn't throw Doom a bone though.
                They tried to throw Doom a bone, he wanted a good chalice instead.
                sigpic

Comment

The Shannahan years ate a lot of money, he only recently got off of the pay role. So it took awhile to recover. Last season was the first season in a long time we saw a sign of recovering. Bowlan appears to have done it right. John Elway should get most of the credit, but it was Bowlan who had the foresight to bring in Elway. Most player turned GM's don't fair to well. Bowlen made a position higher than GM and everyone else and answers directly to him for Elway. That is a tremendous amount of faith for a position that does not have a good track record for old players.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                    They tried to throw Doom a bone, he wanted a good chalice instead.
                    They wanted Shaun Phillips instead.Elway and Fox feel like Phillips is better than Doom.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                      They wanted Shaun Phillips instead.Elway and Fox feel like Phillips is better than Doom.
                      Time will tell, but as far as the money has been spent?

Wise methinks.

Again...time will tell.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
                        That is usually not a good thing

However the contracts we gave out are relatively short with not too much money invested
                        I mean getting Welker for 6 mil a year was fantastic value

But we are going to need our cap space, got a couple big names coming up for contract extensions
                        After last year's disappointing ending, it's about the here and now. Bowlen is looking at winning it all THIS YEAR. The team and WE FANS are hungry to put another trophy in the case. They are working the Manning days right now for what it's worth.

Peyton will not be around much longer so getting it done right now and I me RIGHT NOW is what is going on. After he's gone, then we will debate and argue the QB position once again.

I personally don't disagree with most of these moves, drafts and roster choices. We are looking ahead as well as building and solidifying.

But for now.... let's ride this train with high hopes.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                          I was one that did. And Bowlen was cheap. We were way under the salary cap for a few years.

I believe part of the reason he's willing to spend more now is that we've had a home playoff game each of the past two years. That's over $20 million more in revenue each season.

Comment

Actually over the years on these boards there was some speculation that with the McD era that the Broncos became cheap or couldn't afford better players.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think you'd have to look at how far teams are from their caps before we know who the big spenders are.

Comment

Working...
                              X