No announcement yet.

Adam Gase > Mike McCoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hard to be any worse. McCoy's value was in scheme flexibility and not as a playcaller. When I'm able to guess 80% of the plays we run, something is not right.

Comment

^ exactly Gase can't be any worse...Mccoy was ridiculously predictable

Comment

Ever since Kubiak left our offensive playcalling has been sub par. Hopefully Gase becomes the Kubiak for this era of the Broncos (Kubiak has 3 Super Bowl rings). If Kubiak had stayed with the Broncos Shanahan would likely still be our head coach, they offset each other well like I hope Gase can do for Fox (the span that Kubiak was offensive coordinator in Denver the Broncos accumulated more offensive yards and touchdowns than any other team and sent 14 different players to the pro bowl).
        Last edited by orangecrushtime; 06-09-2013, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
          I really like what I've seen from Gase as well as what I hear about our offense...I expect to be much happier with our playcalling than I have been the past few years (which isn't saying much), but I really like Gase's intelligence, confidence, and what I see as agressiveness offensively ...just another thing to be excited about this season!

Anyone else catch his interviews so far...I enjoy them more than any other coaches
          Like what you have seen? you haven't seen anything? Right now everything is just fluff. Who knows what is true who knows what is not true. Last year the O was fine until the playoffs. Saying all the right things in June is easy doing those things in January is another thing

Besides that conservative playcalling is mostly Fox. It is the way he was in Carolina it is the way he is here. I think last season McCoy had about as much impact as Andre Caldwell did
          Last edited by japfaff; 06-09-2013, 12:31 PM.
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
            Like what you have seen? you haven't seen anything? Right now everything is just fluff. Who knows what is true who knows what is not true. Last year the O was fine until the playoffs. Saying all the right things in June is easy doing those things in January is another thing

Besides that conservative playcalling is mostly Fox. It is the way he was in Carolina it is the way he is here. I think last season McCoy had about as much impact as Andre Caldwell did
            I completely disagree with just about everything you said ...soo we'll just have to agree to disagree

Comment

I get what the OP is trying to say, but I say right now it's a bit far-fetched.

Yes McCoy was vanilla, but that same vanilla offense helped get us a 13-3 record and the top seed in the AFC last season. It was rather unpleasant to watch, the addition of Manning helped speed it up a bit compared to 2011. But to say Gase > McCoy at the moment is just too early in down the road to even be saying or thinking that.

McCoy was a good coach whether you agree or not he also helped adjust to a Tebow run-option offense to get us a playoff win in 2011, and to completely switch gears to go to pass heavy (for the most part) Manning lead offense in 2012.

Gase is unknown so far. I like what he says, but until I see him put his money where his mouth is I won't compare. He seems to know what he's doing, he's got all the tools he needs.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                Can someone tell me how gase is automatically better then McCoy with out the broncos playing one game?

im a believer in I need to see it to believe it. Don't tell me show ME! At this point Gase has showed me......well the same as he showed you. NOTHING.

Don't get me wrong. Time will show who the better position coach is and I hope its Gase.
                My optimism is based on the fact that Elway gave it his blessing. Promoting from within keeps continuity and it's not like we need to reinvent the wheel. PM is sort of an on field OC anyway, obviously time will prove his value as a position coach.
                [sigpic

Comment

Yeah until the tire hits the road, we have no idea how this will all play out. Right now it all sounds good, so hopefully it works out.

sigpic

Comment

First you get the job, then learn how to do it. That approach has worked for every president so far.

Point is Gase has Manning to learn from. So he will learn it right, how fast is up to Gase himself. Everything he has learned from McCoy can be improved on with what he picks up from Manning. Most OC's never have the chance to work with a QB of Manning's level.
                    sigpic

Comment

I am cautiously optimistic about this as well... I was never a big fan of McCoy's playcalling, and everything I'm hearing from Gase leaves me excited... but I don't want to hear it, I want to see it.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                        I completely disagree with just about everything you said ...soo we'll just have to agree to disagree
                        Yeah cause John Fox has always been such a risk taker........So what exactly did I say that you disagreed with? Cuase I think everything is just about spot on......You haven't seen anything (cause nothing has happened yet), At this time of the season no one is going to tip their hand about what they are going to be doing. Last year we had the #2 O in the regular season, and our O sucked in the play offs.

I think those statements are pretty spot on......And lets not forget out OC inst Adam Gase and wasn't Mike McCoy.....It is Peyton Manning
                        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by orangecrushtime View Post
                          (Kubiak has 3 Super Bowl rings). .
                          When did Kubiak get a third ring. He wasn't with Shanahan in SF when Mike was the 9ers OC. He won the two with the Broncos but then he went to the Texans. So how does he have three rings?

Comment

Originally posted by init2winit View Post
                            When did Kubiak get a third ring. He wasn't with Shanahan in SF when Mike was the 9ers OC. He won the two with the Broncos but then he went to the Texans. So how does he have three rings?
                            QB Coach for 49'ers in 1994, under Shanahan....
                            Last edited by BroncoFanNC; 06-10-2013, 07:11 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

for those who think McCoy was something special because of the high standings in offense in 2012, need to re evaluate the impact manning alone had

mcccoy as OC in Denver

15th total off
                              20th in scoreing o

13th in total off
                              19th in scoreing o

23rd in total off
                              25th in scoreing off

2012, with manning
                              4th in total offense
                              2nd in scoreing offense

McCoy has been dull and predictable for years,
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                                QB Coach for 49'ers in 1994, under Shanahan....
                                Thanks for settin me str8. I was of the impression that Kubes first coaching gig was with Denver.

Comment

Working...
                                X