Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cdumler7
    replied
    I don't think we can automatically assume he will be better than McCoy but he is saying all the right things and at least from all the accounts from practice the offense looks much sharper at this time of the season than they did last year. Now some of that of course is the offense actually knowing the offense and Peyton being healed up from his surgeries. I do like though what I have heard of how things are being run compared to last year and this offense seems to fit better with what most of us have been screaming for the Broncos to do for years in go to a more hurry up offense and wear the defense down early and often.

It also sounds like Fox realizes his conservative ways last year cost this team possibly a Superbowl so hopefully something like that will help him become a little more relaxed with the idea of being aggressive.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosAreMyFavorite
    replied
    What ever, the guy is yet to call 1 play.

As QB coach he has had Tebow, who didn't improve and probably regressed and Manning, who he probably just got coffee for.

The guy says the right things, but talk is cheap and Manning calls his own plays.

Leave a comment:

• one5beast
    replied
    He also talked about positions not on the field, like having Adam Gase as his new offensive coordinator.

"I think he's one of the sharp, up-and-coming coaches in the NFL. That's why we were able to elevate him after (former Offensive Coordinator) Mike McCoy left. The last two seasons, whether it was Tim Tebow two seasons ago or even Peyton Manning last year, I think Adam deserves a lot of credit for how well those quarterbacks did in their own respective type of play. He's a sharp mind, he's spent a lot of time with (former Rams Head Coach) Mike Martz, and Mike had a great career there in St. Louis when they had the Greatest Show on Turf. They have a wide-open mindset, very aggressive mindset, and I think Adam's done terrific things thus far. You'll see those in the 2013 season."
    from DenverBroncos.com

Hopefully like Martz, they will be more aggresive.

Leave a comment:

• orangecrushtime
    replied
    Originally posted by The Sheriff18 View Post
    I'm excited about Gase but I still feel when it's make or break time, ie the end of the Bal playoff game, that Fox will make the call.
    I don't exactly see it that way. I think the Broncos no huddle has been brought in partly to give Manning more control. He is going to be more comfortable with the team this next year and we are going to run conservative most the time because it works. But when the play comes up and Manning sees something he'll change the call at the line. I can't wait to see the no huddle because I guarantee you we'll run off a few plays as fast as possible then Manning is going to come to the line and play general like he always does maybe it'll be to audible to a run against the nickel or dime defense or maybe it well be putting DT on a deep route because the safety has been coming in to help with Welker. It is going to be fun.

Leave a comment:

• init2winit
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    QB Coach for 49'ers in 1994, under Shanahan....
    Thanks for settin me str8. I was of the impression that Kubes first coaching gig was with Denver.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    for those who think McCoy was something special because of the high standings in offense in 2012, need to re evaluate the impact manning alone had

mcccoy as OC in Denver

15th total off
    20th in scoreing o

13th in total off
    19th in scoreing o

23rd in total off
    25th in scoreing off

2012, with manning
    4th in total offense
    2nd in scoreing offense

McCoy has been dull and predictable for years,

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanNC
    replied
    Originally posted by init2winit View Post
    When did Kubiak get a third ring. He wasn't with Shanahan in SF when Mike was the 9ers OC. He won the two with the Broncos but then he went to the Texans. So how does he have three rings?
    QB Coach for 49'ers in 1994, under Shanahan....
    Last edited by BroncoFanNC; 06-10-2013, 07:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• init2winit
    replied
    Originally posted by orangecrushtime View Post
    (Kubiak has 3 Super Bowl rings). .
    When did Kubiak get a third ring. He wasn't with Shanahan in SF when Mike was the 9ers OC. He won the two with the Broncos but then he went to the Texans. So how does he have three rings?

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    I completely disagree with just about everything you said ...soo we'll just have to agree to disagree
    Yeah cause John Fox has always been such a risk taker........So what exactly did I say that you disagreed with? Cuase I think everything is just about spot on......You haven't seen anything (cause nothing has happened yet), At this time of the season no one is going to tip their hand about what they are going to be doing. Last year we had the #2 O in the regular season, and our O sucked in the play offs.

I think those statements are pretty spot on......And lets not forget out OC inst Adam Gase and wasn't Mike McCoy.....It is Peyton Manning

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    I am cautiously optimistic about this as well... I was never a big fan of McCoy's playcalling, and everything I'm hearing from Gase leaves me excited... but I don't want to hear it, I want to see it.

Leave a comment:

• broncolassiter
    replied
    First you get the job, then learn how to do it. That approach has worked for every president so far.

Point is Gase has Manning to learn from. So he will learn it right, how fast is up to Gase himself. Everything he has learned from McCoy can be improved on with what he picks up from Manning. Most OC's never have the chance to work with a QB of Manning's level.

Leave a comment:

• elecshoc
    replied
    Yeah until the tire hits the road, we have no idea how this will all play out. Right now it all sounds good, so hopefully it works out.

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Can someone tell me how gase is automatically better then McCoy with out the broncos playing one game?

im a believer in I need to see it to believe it. Don't tell me show ME! At this point Gase has showed me......well the same as he showed you. NOTHING.

Don't get me wrong. Time will show who the better position coach is and I hope its Gase.
    My optimism is based on the fact that Elway gave it his blessing. Promoting from within keeps continuity and it's not like we need to reinvent the wheel. PM is sort of an on field OC anyway, obviously time will prove his value as a position coach.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Thunda
    replied
    I get what the OP is trying to say, but I say right now it's a bit far-fetched.

Yes McCoy was vanilla, but that same vanilla offense helped get us a 13-3 record and the top seed in the AFC last season. It was rather unpleasant to watch, the addition of Manning helped speed it up a bit compared to 2011. But to say Gase > McCoy at the moment is just too early in down the road to even be saying or thinking that.

McCoy was a good coach whether you agree or not he also helped adjust to a Tebow run-option offense to get us a playoff win in 2011, and to completely switch gears to go to pass heavy (for the most part) Manning lead offense in 2012.

Gase is unknown so far. I like what he says, but until I see him put his money where his mouth is I won't compare. He seems to know what he's doing, he's got all the tools he needs.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    Like what you have seen? you haven't seen anything? Right now everything is just fluff. Who knows what is true who knows what is not true. Last year the O was fine until the playoffs. Saying all the right things in June is easy doing those things in January is another thing

Besides that conservative playcalling is mostly Fox. It is the way he was in Carolina it is the way he is here. I think last season McCoy had about as much impact as Andre Caldwell did
    I completely disagree with just about everything you said ...soo we'll just have to agree to disagree

Leave a comment:

Working...
X