Two Steps Forward One Step Backward...Thanks Clady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Steps Forward One Step Backward...Thanks Clady

I have to commend John Elway for his personnel moves and showing that he's committed to improving our roster. We've had a great offseason, but this is the second time where things looked to be going great and then controversy rears it ugly head. First we sign Cromartie and Knighton and things look great....then Doom goes to Bmore and puts a slight cloud over the offseason. Right when OTA's seem to have been a success, it's now been reported that Clady is still refusing to sign his tender and has refused to attend mini camp.

I understand there's a business side to things, but Clady needs to be at camp. Peyton's line needs to be one of the most cohesive units in the league. At left tackle, Clady is the anchor. It is a business and he wants his money, but he is coming off of shoulder surgery. I'm sure he gets a mega deal next year, but his tender is $9+ mil. I'm not panicking or saying the sky is falling, just annoyed that we've got another player playing diva in the offseason.

Did anybody really think he'd be happy with the franchise tag?
    [sigpic

Comment

It can be tough to deal with all-pros, especially ones with shark agents who know what they're worth.

Comment

The thing is, Clady was there when Dumervil tore his pectoral in practice. Granted Dumervil got his contract before the injury, Clady just wants to make sure he stays healthy going into this season. There's no reason to be worried about him not being able to hold his own. He's one of the best LTs in the league and Peyton makes below average linemen look good so there's no problem here.

Besides this only gives our young guys more time to develop.

Comment

Who has been getting the looks at LT?

Comment

not worried at all
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Again, I'm not saying the sky is falling, and I know he may not even be healthy enough to fully practice yet. It's just a distraction. Everyone seems to be very focussed. He's an elite LT, but the offense is running at much faster pace, this will take a little bit time to adjust.

Comment

Not sure what Clady wants. He already turned down a 5-year 10 million a year offer from what i understand. No one outside of denver will probably give him more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                  Not sure what Clady wants. He already turned down a 5-year 10 million a year offer from what i understand. No one outside of denver will probably give him more than that.
                  That's what I don't understand, he basically laughed at 10 mil. Jason Peters is the highest paid LT in the league. He makes a little over 10mil, and averages 10.1mil

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                    That's what I don't understand, he basically laughed at 10 mil. Jason Peters is the highest paid LT in the league. He makes a little over 10mil, and averages 10.1mil
                    Clady is banking on the fact that he will be defending arguably the most valuable asset to any NFL team this year.
                    [sigpic

Comment

read this first:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/6...584/ryan-clady

Comment

The franchise tag pays based on the top five contracts at the position, so it's disgusting to see a player unhappy with such tag. It's obvious the Broncos want to reach a long-term deal with Clady and they will keep working on it. There is no point in refusing to sign the franchise tag. It's silly to be disgruntled and disappear from all offseason activities when the team is offering top money. He is not in Denver with the team doctors and conditioning staff, so they can't even evaluate his shoulder. Clady does not want to sign a $9.828 million salary. The NFL is about what employees have done lately anyway. Most players and coaches are on one-year deals no matter what the contract says. It's foolish to think you'll be safe with long-term security.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                          The franchise tag pays based on the top five contracts at the position, so it's disgusting to see a player unhappy with such tag. It's obvious the Broncos want to reach a long-term deal with Clady and they will keep working on it. There is no point in refusing to sign the franchise tag. It's silly to be disgruntled and disappear from all offseason activities when the team is offering top money. He is not in Denver with the team doctors and conditioning staff, so they can't even evaluate his shoulder. Clady does not want to sign a $9.828 million salary. The NFL is about what employees have done lately anyway. Most players and coaches are on one-year deals no matter what the contract says. It's foolish to think you'll be safe with long-term security.
                          Its foolish to think youll be safe with long term security? Really? The man just wants what he deserves and that is to be paid like he has played. He has outperformed his contract and is top 3-5 LT in the league. He isn't wrong for trying to get his big payday especially since he deserves it. It's not like he isn't justified in what he is doing. I laugh everytime I see people on this board talk badly about a player that is trying to gain a big payday. It's a business, remember? Go get your money RC and if Denver doesn't pay him, he will get paid after this year by someone else and down goes another great Bronco because we didn't want to pay him what he was worth.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                            Who has been getting the looks at LT?
                            Painter I think.
                            Last edited by Bootleg; 06-10-2013, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                              Painter I think.
                              Maybe Painter, but I think it is most likely Chris Clark because he has more experience and knows the system.

Comment

Working...
                              X