X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump.

Elway > OP.

Comment

Once again, a bunch of people overreact to a situation, the word "diva" gets thrown around, people talk about cutting/trading one of our best players., and of course Clady is talked about as a commodity rather than a human being.

I swear I hate our fans sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
        Any player can get hurt at any point so why should that matter
        And that's why you hold out for a long-term contract with GUARANTEED MONEY UP FRONT. If he plays under the franchise tag, he's only guaranteed salary for this season and he could have a career-ending injury and never see another NFL paycheck.
        That's the difference in the NFL and the other pro sports leagues. NFL players are only guaranteed their signing bonus.. after that, they can be cut (or fired) just like any normal person at any time and the team doesn't owe them anything. If they're injured, they get an injury settlement and then NOTHING ELSE.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
          Horse pucky! You give any normal human being 9.28 million at the age of 28, and they will have enough money to last them a lifetime. To say he needs long term security is a joke, are you kidding me? 9.28 million dollars plus the money he has already made, if thats not already long term security explain to me what is exactly! Any NFL player that is offered top 3 money at their position and turns it down because they want to be the highest paid at their position does not deserve any defending them, because they are a greedy idiot. If he holds this stance, I'd trade his butt before training camp and move forward!
          You appear to be the idiot here. $9M (and no guarantee of any more money going forward) vs $33M guaranteed. He's the smart one. Not you.

Comment

Originally posted by LightningRodBob View Post
            Once again, a bunch of people overreact to a situation, the word "diva" gets thrown around, people talk about cutting/trading one of our best players., and of course Clady is talked about as a commodity rather than a human being.

I swear I hate our fans sometimes...
            Calm down dude, I think you're the one overreacting. No one suggested trading or cutting Clady. I understand there's a business side to things and I definitely understand players trying to protect themselves. Read the ENTIRE post, I said I'm not panicking and the sky isn't falling. The whole post was saying we keep hitting speed bumps. The offseason was going very good at one point and then Doom made contract demands in the media and became a distraction. We were in a great place again and then comments were made that Clady refused to sign and would possibly holdout. I'm not taking managements side on everything, but I have to believe Elway and Co. are handling business very respectfully. If Clady wanted to fight for a better contract, that's cool, I just would've prefered it to be done in-house. There were about 7 other players that hadn't signed their tender, but I didn't hear any of them making the comments about holding out, that I heard about Clady. At the end of the day, he can't even practice, so he's not missing reps. The "diva" comment was for taking it to the media. He did get more guaranteed $, but his contract went up only $2.5mil.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
              Calm down dude, I think you're the one overreacting. No one suggested trading or cutting Clady. I understand there's a business side to things and I definitely understand players trying to protect themselves. Read the ENTIRE post, I said I'm not panicking and the sky isn't falling. The whole post was saying we keep hitting speed bumps. The offseason was going very good at one point and then Doom made contract demands in the media and became a distraction. We were in a great place again and then comments were made that Clady refused to sign and would possibly holdout. I'm not taking managements side on everything, but I have to believe Elway and Co. are handling business very respectfully. If Clady wanted to fight for a better contract, that's cool, I just would've prefered it to be done in-house. There were about 7 other players that hadn't signed their tender, but I didn't hear any of them making the comments about holding out, that I heard about Clady. At the end of the day, he can't even practice, so he's not missing reps. The "diva" comment was for taking it to the media. He did get more guaranteed $, but his contract went up only $2.5mil.
              Several people advocated trading him in this thread, I didn't single you out.

I've just seen this same thing happen many many times now. Something happens regarding one of our players, people overreact and make threads blowing it out of proportion, some posters are rational about it while others show up with their torches and pitchforks, and in the end whatever the original "issue" was turns out to be nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by LightningRodBob View Post
                Several people advocated trading him in this thread, I didn't single you out.

I've just seen this same thing happen many many times now. Something happens regarding one of our players, people overreact and make threads blowing it out of proportion, some posters are rational about it while others show up with their torches and pitchforks, and in the end whatever the original "issue" was turns out to be nothing.
                LOL, so true. Just look at the Von situation. People overreacted and started making lynches and throwing torches. Turns out, he didn't even test positive for anything. Just a policy by the NFL that Von may or may not have violated. Many were asking for Von's release right away, in a state where pot is legal. SMH at these so called fans. A drug violation IMO is much better than a PED violation or murder.

Let's all just root for our team and give these guys a break. They are all humans just as we all are and are bound to make mistakes in life. Instead of blaklisting a person, how about we show some support too. You can complain about a player asking for money, but he's got to get paid too. If you were in the top 10 in your field of expertise, wouldn't you want to be compensated like everyone else in that area. The only real time I could see where a contract dispute was hurting this team was Javon Walker and Elvis. For Clady's situation, I thought he did the right thing. Asked for money while coming off a great season and didn't hurt the situation. Did it when the NFL was still in sleep mode rather than waiting til TC. Kudos to Clady's team and Elway's for getting the deal done without making things worst.

Comment

Working...
                X