who do u like more at RB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who do u like more at RB?

Lance ball or Jeremiah Johnson? Ball is cool probably can be better if given more carries, I also liked Johnson a lot when he would Get in the game, he seems like more of a playmaker when he has the ball in my eyes and watching his college highlights I don't understand how he went undrafted... so who's your pick?

Does it matter? I hope neither of them are given any carries outside of garbage time, if either even make the team.

Ball, Moreno, Hillman, and Hester should get carries before they do, in that order.

Comment

I agree with Papa, if either of them get in the game we've either got a 4 TD lead or we're screwed.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Yeah, the only way either of them play is if we are up by 20 or someone gets hurt. KM probably won't get too many reps. it's ball/Hillman all the way. Why do you think we released WM? Not because KM suddenly showed up...

Comment

Originally posted by mray View Post
          Yeah, the only way either of them play is if we are up by 20 or someone gets hurt. KM probably won't get too many reps. it's ball/Hillman all the way. Why do you think we released WM? Not because KM suddenly showed up...
          Right. But it did help that he did show up. LB and JJ are basically on the outside looking in. Their best shot is bad luck for us.
          #swapping

Comment

Funny how ppl on here will bash KM and now there happy with him, I like KM don't get me wrong, JJ has speed to break away.. neither ball or KM has that and Hillman kind of does but not really because there were a few times he had a chance to break and wouldn't have enough speed but all I was asking is who you guys like better cause one of them will make it to play special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by velly4 View Post
              Funny how ppl on here will bash KM and now there happy with him, I like KM don't get me wrong, JJ has speed to break away.. neither ball or KM has that and Hillman kind of does but not really because there were a few times he had a chance to break and wouldn't have enough speed but all I was asking is who you guys like better cause one of them will make it to play special teams.
              Your comparing how one looked in college to someone in the NFL. Hillman also broke off many long runs, including a 99 yard TD.

and Im willing to bet unless an injury occurs Johnson or Lance Ball will not make it.

Comment

For the record I am and always have been the biggest knowshon supporter on the board, to a fault even.

That being said, and perhaps slightly off topic, I would start Montee Ball, I believe he has amazing potential and we may see great things from him as early as this year.

I expect OROY

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                  For the record I am and always have been the biggest knowshon supporter on the board, to a fault even.

That being said, and perhaps slightly off topic, I would start Montee Ball, I believe he has amazing potential and we may see great things from him as early as this year.

I expect OROY
                  Papa and I have had some very good conversations about running backs and I can tell you he has been a core supporter for Moreno and for him to give Ball a thumbs up over Moreno tells you he is a Broncos fan first and is open to try what is best for the team. I salute you

I, like Papa want the best back we can field and who that will be is up in the air at this point. Here is to a good camp and to NO injuries so we can see who will come out the other end as our best back for the season.
                  sigpic
                  Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                  2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                  2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

I see Montee as the starter and possible workhorse, Hillman as the change of pace backup, and Knowshon as the feature back or backup should Montee or Hillman go down.

Lance Ball and/or Hester make the team. The 4th RB must play ST. Ball plays ST and is adequate when called upon as a 4th RB. Hester can play a little RB, ST, and the little FB we may need. I think we keep one, but both wouldn't surprise me.
                    Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Well for me, I was always on the fence about KM. Had he not returned as a Bronco before last season, I wouldn't have thought twice. But seeing him in action in a Manning led offense, changed my mind. He is at home in it. Everything about this offense is tailored to his skill sets. True JJ may have break away speed, but KM is a better play maker. He's a monster in pass-pro, catching out the backfield, and can move the chains. Health is is only issue.
                      #swapping

Comment

Lance Ball. Johnson will not really be much use on STs.
                        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

Comment

I like our 3 "main backs" as for the other guys....not so much.
                          Lance Ball especially, I have a hard time seeing what he offers as far as value.
                          Im totally fine rolling with MB and Knowshon and using Hillman as the scatback.

Lance Ball and Johnson may or may not be good, but I dont see the reason to keep them around to find out. If they havent stood out by now there isnt much hope for them to do it later.

Comment

Johnson is a better runner and will make more offensive plays than Lance Ball ever will. What is critical for backs at their stage (fringe-roster) is that they need to be versatile, meaning they must be able to play special teams. Therefore, counting for all these things, I'd sadly take Lance Ball. If I had to take one back for offensive purposes, then it would be Johnson. Don't discount CJ Anderson as well.
                            2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                            Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                              Papa and I have had some very good conversations about running backs and I can tell you he has been a core supporter for Moreno and for him to give Ball a thumbs up over Moreno tells you he is a Broncos fan first and is open to try what is best for the team. I salute you

I, like Papa want the best back we can field and who that will be is up in the air at this point. Here is to a good camp and to NO injuries so we can see who will come out the other end as our best back for the season.
                              I second this a thousand times over! - :thumb:
                              "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

Working...
                              X