Favorite Moment as a Broncos fan since 1998

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Moment as a Broncos fan since 1998

What was your favorite moment as a Broncos fan since the SB runs? Could be a specific play, a certain trade, a firing... what was that one moment you will remember forever?

I have got to say after watching this amazing video that this was by far my favorite moment. Almost brought a tear to my eye.

sigpic

A agree with you. Say what you want about Tim Tebow, but my favorite moment was his overtime TD pass to Thomas against the Steelers. I could not speak afterwards for 2 days because I was yelling so much.

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
      A agree with you. Say what you want about Tim Tebow, but my favorite moment was his overtime TD pass to Thomas against the Steelers. I could not speak afterwards for 2 days because I was yelling so much.
      "yelling so much"

such an understatement

Comment

This one right here! Mainly because every time I see it I just see Tom Brady crying...and I hates me some Tom Brady.

Last edited by 86Elwayfan; 07-18-2013, 08:48 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

I wept a manly tear.

Comment

2005 AFCCG run, Elway's return, the firing of McD, and "the other guy" shocking the world week after week (both good and bad world shocks!) for me.
            #swapping

Comment

Say what you want about Tebow but that season was one of the most exciting in Broncos history. We are obviously in a better position now but part of me misses that wild year.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                Say what you want about Tebow but that season was one of the most exciting in Broncos history. We are obviously in a better position now but part of me misses that wild year.
                My grey hairs and near heart attacks don't.

but yes, that was an interesting ride.

Comment

That moment against the Steelers was definitely one of them. Von Miller having a career day against Cam Newton was one of them as well, especially after Newton had been talking smack to Miller in the off season, publicly no less.

Watching Al Wilson dive over the top of a short yardage stand and tackle the Chicago Bears RB behind the LOS was also a favorite moment of mine.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I would have to go with McD being fired. To me it was the end of our organization being torn apart and disrespected by the "Patriot Way". After he was gone everything was just... better. Elway became part of the front office, Tebow went on his crazy winning streak, the crazy victory against Pittsburgh and then landing Peyton Manning.

I just knew we were going to be so much better off after hearing Big Al and DMac report the McD firing when it happened.

Comment

Just a few

2003 Opener, Quinten Griffin went off against KC
                      2005 Champs INT right after Half Time against SD
                      2005 Championship Game
                      2006 Baltimore MNF Game (Thought it was the turning point for Tatum Bell)
                      2006 Arizona, Cutler to Javon....(imagine these guys in 2 years)
                      2008 Home Opener (Cutlers backwards Pass/Chargers)
                      2009 Beating SD to go 6-0 On the road
                      2011 Almost every one of Tebows come backs (@ Home vrs Chicago, epic, Prater, wow!)
                      2012 Home Opener, Tracy Porter Int to Ice the game against Pit
                      Last edited by rst08tierney; 07-18-2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Considering we hadn't had a playoff win since the Pats win and that was the only one since the SB run I have a hard time not going with the Tebow to DT OT win.

I mean yeah 2005 was great and we ended the cheating Pats reign of terror. But it's how we won two years ago that stands out. Plus it was revenge for what the Steelers did to us in 05.
                        sigpic

Comment

Gotta go with the Tebow to DT OT throw.

Champs TD return vs Brady is right up there as well.

Honorable mentions: Holy Stokely, 24-0 Halftime comback vs chargers last year

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                            Gotta go with the Tebow to DT OT throw.

Champs TD return vs Brady is right up there as well.

Honorable mentions: Holy Stokely, 24-0 Halftime comback vs chargers last year
                            I forgot about Holey Stokely. That one was awesome.

I have a buddy from Cincy who is for hard and beyond cocky and annoying about his Ohio sports teams.

He texted me after Benson scored and said good try but not good enough. With a haha or lol attached or something like that.

I was like there is 45 seconds left. It isn't over.

Man I rode him hard after that TD.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sadly, I think it was Tebow to Thomas in overtime. I'm far from a Tebow Maniac, but his run was exciting. The manager at my local TGI Friday's (near Washington DC) would reserve a table for me every sunday near the bar. During the Miami game, he said you've been here every week, you're the only Broncos fan I see in here and you've sat in the corner through some rough loses. I had the Broncos corner of the bar and enjoyed every game. I absolutely lost it after we won that playoff game in Overtime.

Comment

Working...
                              X