Knowshon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowshon

Id like to know why he is not seen as the #1 rb right now? I like what he did last year and thought he was much better than Willis and Hillman. I dont think Hillman has the blocking ability to be a #1 or #2 RB. Knowshon showed me he could do it all. I know he is injury prone which is not good because if he would have stayed in the Baltimore game we would have won,IMO. Watching Ball on film, this guy is a monster and could be #1 but this is the NFL and its much more complicated and much faster. He will need to learn to block for Peyton which is what Hillman cant do. I just think right now that KM should be #1 with Ball taking allot of snaps to see what he can do.

Absolutely agree. Only reason for KM not taking the no 1 spot, would be Ball showing equal blocking skills in camp.
    sigpic

Comment

Based on what Fox said on NFL Network a few days ago, don't be surprised if Ball is #1 come regular season. They're obviously extremely impressed by what they've seen from him so far. Which is awesome if you ask me! :thumb:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...n-2013-Broncos (starting at 3:05 mark)
      Adopted Poster
      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I'm 100% in support of Knowshon Moreno. If Willis McGahee, however, had cut down on his fumbles, he would have been without a doubt our best runner.

Knowshon fumbled very early in the season, but he did not put the ball on the ground at all in the games he started down the stretch. Knowshon also is our most balanced RB, with good pass protection, receiving, and running skills. All Moreno needs to do is stay healthy.

Like the above posts, I agree that if Montee Ball improves his pass protection, the starting job is his to lose. Knowshon is injury-prone, so a situational/rotational role for him would be best for his body and the team.

Hillman just gets better with experience. Hillman needs to dance less and improve his pass protection more.

Comment

I don't really get all the love for Moreno based on last season.

He had 2 100+ yard game, 1 of those against KC and 1 against Baltimore in the regular season when half their defense was out with injury. His Yards per Attempt was barely over 4, but he only had 2 games over 3.72.

Without a couple fumbles at bad times, McGahee was much more reliable and solid than Moreno. He'll never start unless there's injuries this season or Fox feels like giving him the opening day start but gives Ball more carries..
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

They just said that Hillman is #1 on NFL channel. This is a mistake and I dont think it will stand. He runs like Donald Brown of the Colts. You have to have more than speed in the NFL.

Comment

Personally I was under the impression Knowshon is considered #1 unless or until Ball supplants him

The issue is his injury. This clouds the whole deal.

I believe the team hopes Knowshon can stay healthy and also believe the team hopes Ball can take the #1 spot on the depth chart.

And Hillman to be the change of pace guy.
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

I am going to bet that this year we will go with a running back by committee. Both MBall, Hillman, and Morendo will get their share of the RB yards. Who is going to start? I don't know. To be honest it really doesn't matter. I think I agree with the RB by committee. This will keep the RB fresh. And we know we have had a lot of issues in this dept.

So, don't worry about RB position. We will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by luvdacolts67 View Post
                  Id like to know why he is not seen as the #1 rb right now? I like what he did last year and thought he was much better than Willis and Hillman. I dont think Hillman has the blocking ability to be a #1 or #2 RB. Knowshon showed me he could do it all. I know he is injury prone which is not good because if he would have stayed in the Baltimore game we would have won,IMO. Watching Ball on film, this guy is a monster and could be #1 but this is the NFL and its much more complicated and much faster. He will need to learn to block for Peyton which is what Hillman cant do. I just think right now that KM should be #1 with Ball taking allot of snaps to see what he can do.
                  Fans hav e a new toy. They all want to play with it whether it is totally put together yet.

The old toy is almost always set aside. Regardless if it still functionally ok. It is no bright and shiny.

One of the reasons I let the coaches make those decisions.

BUT they also have a basis since Ball is their guy and Moreno is Mc Ds unless Morneo is superior in all ways. ball will get loads of snaps.
                  Last edited by Garfield; 07-21-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Hillman earned the #1 spot in mini-camp, so this is a good thing. I think either Ball or Moreno will replace him eventually but its good to see Hillman doing things right.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                      Hillman earned the #1 spot in mini-camp, so this is a good thing. I think either Ball or Moreno will replace him eventually but its good to see Hillman doing things right.
                      Honestly its the kind of RB that Hillman is that I dont like. Not much power and cant break tackles. He's just a speedster like Donald Brown. I just dont think Hillman will remain #1.

Comment

I have a feeling that they are going to give Hillman and Ball both a lot of reps because after this year Moreno will need a new contract and if the new guys can produce similar numbers to Moreno than he will be gone.

It is a cap thing....
                        sigpic
                        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

If both the younger guys end up struggling in pass pro, Peyton will demand Kno be the guy.

Comment

I was down on on Knowshon b4 last season. But his attitude towards his unwarranted stint in the doghouse and how he played down the stretch really changed my mind on him, and I think he is an asset to the team. But with that, I don't think he is or should be the #1 RB on the team. He hasn't shown the durability to make it thru a full season as the bell cow back. But as "relief" duty RB, he may be one of the best in the league. He is 2nd to none in pass-pro and is a guaranteed chain mover in the open field. I have grown to like him quite a bit. Regardless of his yards, he's an effective player. And while that may signal "bust" due to his draft slot, an effective productive player is an asset. But again, as the #1 RB? Nah, 3rd down or "relief" back is where he seems to be most effective.
                            #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                              I was down on on Knowshon b4 last season. But his attitude towards his unwarranted stint in the doghouse and how he played down the stretch really changed my mind on him, and I think he is an asset to the team. But with that, I don't think he is or should be the #1 RB on the team. He hasn't shown the durability to make it thru a full season as the bell cow back. But as "relief" duty RB, he may be one of the best in the league. He is 2nd to none in pass-pro and is a guaranteed chain mover in the open field. I have grown to like him quite a bit. Regardless of his yards, he's an effective player. And while that may signal "bust" due to his draft slot, an effective productive player is an asset. But again, as the #1 RB? Nah, 3rd down or "relief" back is where he seems to be most effective.
                              Very good post...

I think most folks feel much the sa,e way.

Then there are player fans. Those that loved a guy in college and when he was drafted by us. Well they will wish for others NOT to do well so their guy will get the job.

Others despise Moreno because Mc D drafted him whether it was because:
                              A. he was taken earlier than he was supposed to
                              B. their pick was bypassed for him..
                              C. Because mc D took him.
                              D. Shanahn was fired.

Only they know and most will not be truthful with themselves.

I'm a firm believer in suit them up and let the coaches make the decision.

Comment

Working...
                              X