No announcement yet.

Knowshon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a problem with the way Moreno played last year. He was hitting the holes faster and did less dancing in the backfield. My ONLY gripe with him is he CANNOT stay healthy. He has not been able to complete one season since he has been here and when we needed him the most last year we couldn't count on him, AGAIN.

If Ball or Hillman can stay healthy and can block and produce around 4 YPC then Moreno will not be a Bronco after this season. The Broncos are not going to continue to pay his salary while he sits in the infirmary.
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

I was excited when we first drafted KnoMo and up until I believe the end of the season 2 years ago I started coming around on him. He started showing a better attitude - more humble on and off the field disposition and better performance. Injuries seemed to come at times when he was really starting to make an impact.

I don't think we've seen the best of KnowMo yet - and maybe we won't see the best of him in Denver - but if he can stay healthy for long enough and actually have his number called when he is - he should be able to compete with the other RBs who are asked to full-fill the same responsibilities
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
        I don't really get all the love for Moreno based on last season.

He had 2 100+ yard game, 1 of those against KC and 1 against Baltimore in the regular season when half their defense was out with injury. His Yards per Attempt was barely over 4, but he only had 2 games over 3.72.

Without a couple fumbles at bad times, McGahee was much more reliable and solid than Moreno. He'll never start unless there's injuries this season or Fox feels like giving him the opening day start but gives Ball more carries..

But he also had the receiving yards that always gets overlooked. Almost every game he started, maybe even every game. He went over 100 total yards. Anytime simene goes for 100+ it's a very good day. He does it consistently. That is why, where he lacks in running he makes up for in pass catching and open space.

Also didnt knowshon complete his rookie year without missing a game? I am pretty sure he did. He missed training camp but did not miss a game and finished out the season- to whoever said that. I haven't looked but I think that is correct.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
          But he also had the receiving yards that always gets overlooked. Almost every game he started, maybe even every game. He went over 100 total yards. Anytime simene goes for 100+ it's a very good day. He does it consistently. That is why, where he lacks in running he makes up for in pass catching and open space.

Also didnt knowshon complete his rookie year without missing a game? I am pretty sure he did. He missed training camp but did not miss a game and finished out the season- to whoever said that. I haven't looked but I think that is correct.
          Yes he did play the full season in 2009. He got roughly 2/3 of the carries, with Buckhalter heating the other 1/3. But that was it. In 2010 only 13 games, 2011 only 7 games, and 2012 only 8 games. That's a rough stretch for someone with as much potential as he had. Based on the last 3 years, it looks like a good target would be about 120-150 carries for him.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MoreKn00.htm
          #swapping

Comment

He played all 16, split starts with Buck.

Comment

Originally posted by luvdacolts67 View Post
              Honestly its the kind of RB that Hillman is that I dont like. Not much power and cant break tackles. He's just a speedster like Donald Brown. I just dont think Hillman will remain #1.
              Hillman runs with more power then your giving him credit for. You need to watch his college games to see how hillman runs
              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                I was down on on Knowshon b4 last season. But his attitude towards his unwarranted stint in the doghouse and how he played down the stretch really changed my mind on him, and I think he is an asset to the team. But with that, I don't think he is or should be the #1 RB on the team. He hasn't shown the durability to make it thru a full season as the bell cow back. But as "relief" duty RB, he may be one of the best in the league. He is 2nd to none in pass-pro and is a guaranteed chain mover in the open field. I have grown to like him quite a bit. Regardless of his yards, he's an effective player. And while that may signal "bust" due to his draft slot, an effective productive player is an asset. But again, as the #1 RB? Nah, 3rd down or "relief" back is where he seems to be most effective.
                We don't know if it was unwarranted or not, we weren't behind closed doors. Imo, he needed an attitude adjustment and the fact that he was putting the ball on the ground at the time is probably what got him there. I am not a fan of No-show Moreno and would love it if Ball won the job. It's been too long since we've had a bell cow and consistancy out of our RB's

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  We don't know if it was unwarranted or not, we weren't behind closed doors. Imo, he needed an attitude adjustment and the fact that he was putting the ball on the ground at the time is probably what got him there. I am not a fan of No-show Moreno and would love it if Ball won the job. It's been too long since we've had a bell cow and consistancy out of our RB's
                  If Moreno would have stayed healthy last year I would put money on us not drafting Ball and using Moreno and hillman as our backs
                  A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Wouldn't hurt me to see him get released. He doesn't bring anything special to the table that we can't get with the other backs for almost $2M

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      True, we don't know what went on behind closed doors I totally agree there. But he wasn't putting the ball on the ground at that time. He had 1 fumble against ATl and it shouldn't have been. His knee was clearly down and Franklin came out of the pile with the ball, but the replacement refs gave it to the Falcons. It was actually the first national TV blunder of the replacements and the replay staff. And from that point until WMc was injured, he was inactive. That's the view I was looking at when I said unwarranted. Because it all seemed linked to that play.

McGahee was the one who had trouble holding onto the ball. He put the ball on the ground nine times in 2 years, same as KM across a 4 year span. Moreno only had the 1 fumble all season.
                      #swapping

Comment

In the last 4 years he has had 13 100+ games. 13 out of 30 games started.
                        sigpic

Comment

no one is "#1" at this point, especially since TC hasn't even started.

Once camp and preseason are finished, we will know how the depth chart looks. At this point it's speculation. Which is fun

Comment

Yes....it's great that Knowshon is getting some love from the fans. He earned it the way he handled himself last season. He could have folded, but instead, took the high road all season, and he helped us big time along the way, when we needed him.

I don't see him as the #1 guy necessarily, but he can be when counted on.

As for those who are stuck in McD-ville, lets remember, Knowshon did not pick himself. He was picked.

As for our RB situation.....well, it's pretty darn good. I believe Ball will be the #1 back at some point. I do not see Hillman as the #1 guy, and until he can prove to be a complete back, he should never be #1. But as long as he keeps maturing and gaining strength, he is a good player to have. I need to see further evidence before I get too excited about him. He's got to use his speed better, because he is definitely not a power back. Again, lets give him time, because he's still a youngin.

Anyway....glad that Knowshon is appreciated for his commitment and team play. Plus, when he's on, he's darn good! Plus I love his "hustle".

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                              In the last 4 years he has had 13 100+ games. 13 out of 30 games started.

There is no way those numbers are correct. I bet they are also including games where he was playing hurt and had one or two carries and then got hurt or left.

Also are those game Started, or just games he played in? Just this past year he went over 100 in most of the games I believe.
                              So far:
                              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

There is no way those numbers are correct. I bet they are also including games where he was playing hurt and had one or two carries and then got hurt or left.

Also are those game Started, or just games he played in? Just this past year he went over 100 in most of the games I believe.
                                look it up yourself then........
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X