X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZ bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by #01BroncoFan View Post
    Well, its either Ball or Moreno at this point.
    At this point in time I think Moreno will be our starter because of his experience and expertise.
    Don't be surprised when during the preseason when each one is playing half of the game!
    I expect that the Broncos won't decide who is going to be the starter until week one of the regular season.
    Either way, the backup is going to be just as good as the starter.
    GOOD LUCK
    odd comment considering the BRONCOS declared HILLMAN as the first teamer for the start of camp.

Leave a comment:

• #01BroncoFan
    replied
    Well, its either Ball or Moreno at this point.
    At this point in time I think Moreno will be our starter because of his experience and expertise.
    Don't be surprised when during the preseason when each one is playing half of the game!
    I expect that the Broncos won't decide who is going to be the starter until week one of the regular season.
    Either way, the backup is going to be just as good as the starter.
    GOOD LUCK

Leave a comment:

• AZ bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Montee Ball.

I love Hillman, he was on my mock for the Broncos that year but I think Montee can be the young, consistent producer that we have been missing for a long time. It's not all about the big play. Moving the chains and consistent positive yardage is much more important than a big play here and there. Montee will have his share of big plays too. I think his true value could be on the goal line, we have had trouble with rushing TDs for a long time. Mike Anderson was the only RB since TD that had a good number of rushing TDs that I can remember. I think with Montee, Hillman, and Moreno they have a trip that can do it all.
    good post !

Leave a comment:

• AZ bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    Of the 3 who is more likely to make a big play? Of the 3 who is more likely to elevate our offense to the next level? Too many people have already passed by hillman and moved on to the next shiny toy in montee Ball
    I dont think its the shiny toy thing as you suggest(although that premise, in general does have merit when you talk about fan favorites)
    I think it has more to do with hillmans actual production and short-comings last year.
    BESIDES, if hillman was all that, why would the broncos spend a SECOND ROUND pick on another RB if Hillman was all that?
    it was the BRONCOS who felt the NEEDED a new TOY !

Leave a comment:

• AZ bronco
    replied
    moreno survived when willy-mac did not. yes part of that is moreno costs less, but K-mo earned his roster spot last year and will most likely do the same this year.
    his durability will always be an issue and he must be used sparingly as a consequence
    If we are fortunate, hillman will be compared favorably to sproles.
    I hope M-ball is the next TD, but I would settle for a mike anderson performance.

Leave a comment:

• SoundsOfSuccess
    replied
    Knowshon could look like Adrian Peterson in camp, but it wouldn't matter. This happens at all levels of football, guys are ruled out of spots, both wrongly and correctly, and the coaches just move on.

All he can hope for is an opportunity to show another team he has ability and then join them in free agency-- the Broncos have made it clear they're moving forward with Ball and Hillman.

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    I know everyone is excited about montee ball but we should definitely pump the breaks on expectations. More physically talented RB have never been starters at RB for Fox in a very very less complicated offense. I do believe that ball will get his reps BUT if Hillman can pass protect and keep his weight on he is the more talented RB of the 3

No way is he the more talented of the 3. He is the fastest of the three, that's it. He doesn't catch better than knowshon, we don't know if he does better than ball. He doesn't pass pro better than knowshon and we don't know about ball but my guess is he is worse than ball in that dept. He doesn't run with power like knowshon (which isn't much power) and certainly much less than ball.

It's not undervaluing Hillman, it's your undervaluing of ball. The whole world thinks ball is the man. Everywhere, all the pundits, all the fantasy football people, everyone and then there are some who think he is overvalued...they are found here.

Just saying man. No body says Hillman won't be a stud for us if he can stay in the 190 range, but the league as shown what small backs 200lbs or so can do, and unless they have Chris Johnson type speed, they are change of pace and never are full time studs.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Of the 3 who is more likely to make a big play? Of the 3 who is more likely to elevate our offense to the next level? Too many people have already passed by hillman and moved on to the next shiny toy in montee Ball
    Montee Ball.

I love Hillman, he was on my mock for the Broncos that year but I think Montee can be the young, consistent producer that we have been missing for a long time. It's not all about the big play. Moving the chains and consistent positive yardage is much more important than a big play here and there. Montee will have his share of big plays too. I think his true value could be on the goal line, we have had trouble with rushing TDs for a long time. Mike Anderson was the only RB since TD that had a good number of rushing TDs that I can remember. I think with Montee, Hillman, and Moreno they have a trio that can do it all.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 07-22-2013, 09:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    ....and you know this because....?

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    The Broncos seem OK at RB. It's a low longevity position. They may even draft one next year. Elway & Co. may think that is the best way to have depth rather than through free agency. I'm expecting a committee approach for the ball carriers.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    I know everyone is excited about montee ball but we should definitely pump the breaks on expectations. More physically talented RB have never been starters at RB for Fox in a very very less complicated offense. I do believe that ball will get his reps BUT if Hillman can pass protect and keep his weight on he is the more talented RB of the 3
    ....and you know this because....?

Leave a comment:

• AZ bronco
    replied
    some very good responses and perspectives, nice work fellow bronco enthusiasts.
    we have a 3 headed monster at RB, nice problem to have for ANy NFL team.

Each has their own strengths and perceived short-comings, but be assured...
    THE BACK THAT BLOCKS BEST WILL GET THE MOST TIME ON GAMEDAY !
    I call Kn-Mo the " astro -not" because he works best in space.
    concerns about his reliability are well justified.
    he runs hard but has a poor sense of balance / slash center of gravity. when hit high, above the waist, kno-mo fights hard for additional yards, but...
    when hit below the knee he drops like a bowling pin !

Hillman and BALL have qestions to be answered, but apparently HILLMAN has done enpough to get the announcement thAT HE WILL BE THE starting first string back when pre-season starts.
    "start of pre-season", dont read more into what that actually says !
    often these kinds of announcements are used as MOTIVATION and DISTRACTION.
    with all the bad press generated by our team of late, i am sure the PR department would rather have us talking about our starting RB insted of the list of suspended personnel.
    I pertsonally hope that Mo-Ball wins the job because that means he is BETTER than the other two, and thats what our O needs, someone better than what we had last year !

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    What i believe he was saying, and to which which i agree, is that Montee will start, will be replaced by Moreno when he needs a break with Moreno coming in on some passing downs, with Hillman being a situational player.

Leave a comment:

• NASH79
    replied
    I think we should keep Moreno...he's a great pass catcher out of the backfield. And would he be able to keep opposing defenses more honest than the other RBs? With Welker, Decker, Thomas, and perhaps a good TE, there might not be any double coverage plus would Moreno be running against more DBs than LBs?

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    We won't have a third down RB. We won't be rotating personell like last year so the RB will be play a possession at a time
    What i believe he was saying, and to which which i agree, is that Montee will start, will be replaced by Moreno when he needs a break with Moreno coming in on some passing downs, with Hillman being a situational player.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X