Knowshon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    Of the 3 who is more likely to make a big play? Of the 3 who is more likely to elevate our offense to the next level? Too many people have already passed by hillman and moved on to the next shiny toy in montee Ball
    I dont think its the shiny toy thing as you suggest(although that premise, in general does have merit when you talk about fan favorites)
    I think it has more to do with hillmans actual production and short-comings last year.
    BESIDES, if hillman was all that, why would the broncos spend a SECOND ROUND pick on another RB if Hillman was all that?
    it was the BRONCOS who felt the NEEDED a new TOY !

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      Montee Ball.

I love Hillman, he was on my mock for the Broncos that year but I think Montee can be the young, consistent producer that we have been missing for a long time. It's not all about the big play. Moving the chains and consistent positive yardage is much more important than a big play here and there. Montee will have his share of big plays too. I think his true value could be on the goal line, we have had trouble with rushing TDs for a long time. Mike Anderson was the only RB since TD that had a good number of rushing TDs that I can remember. I think with Montee, Hillman, and Moreno they have a trip that can do it all.
      good post !

Comment

Well, its either Ball or Moreno at this point.
        At this point in time I think Moreno will be our starter because of his experience and expertise.
        Don't be surprised when during the preseason when each one is playing half of the game!
        I expect that the Broncos won't decide who is going to be the starter until week one of the regular season.
        Either way, the backup is going to be just as good as the starter.
        GOOD LUCK
        :usa:***GOD BLESS OUR MEN AND WOMEN IN THE ARMED FORCES***:usa:

Comment

Originally posted by #01BroncoFan View Post
          Well, its either Ball or Moreno at this point.
          At this point in time I think Moreno will be our starter because of his experience and expertise.
          Don't be surprised when during the preseason when each one is playing half of the game!
          I expect that the Broncos won't decide who is going to be the starter until week one of the regular season.
          Either way, the backup is going to be just as good as the starter.
          GOOD LUCK
          odd comment considering the BRONCOS declared HILLMAN as the first teamer for the start of camp.

Comment

I have no idea what J & J have planned, but what I do know is I feel confident with any of our 3 RBs taking 20 carries a game which is more than I can say for a lot of teams.
            sigpicPlease Help A die Hard Broncos Fan Out, And Share Or Pledge My Kickstarter Party Game "Help Wanted" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...help-wanted-0/

Comment

he was 4th in total offense in the 6 week stint behind Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by AZ bronco View Post
                I dont think its the shiny toy thing as you suggest(although that premise, in general does have merit when you talk about fan favorites)
                I think it has more to do with hillmans actual production and short-comings last year.
                BESIDES, if hillman was all that, why would the broncos spend a SECOND ROUND pick on another RB if Hillman was all that?
                it was the BRONCOS who felt the NEEDED a new TOY !
                Fox took RB's in the 1st round two years in a row in Carolina.

Having more than 1 effective RB can be important.

Comment

Originally posted by luvdacolts67 View Post
                  Id like to know why he is not seen as the #1 rb right now? I like what he did last year and thought he was much better than Willis and Hillman. I dont think Hillman has the blocking ability to be a #1 or #2 RB. Knowshon showed me he could do it all. I know he is injury prone which is not good because if he would have stayed in the Baltimore game we would have won,IMO. Watching Ball on film, this guy is a monster and could be #1 but this is the NFL and its much more complicated and much faster. He will need to learn to block for Peyton which is what Hillman cant do. I just think right now that KM should be #1 with Ball taking allot of snaps to see what he can do.
                  So early in camp, depth charts mean next to nothing.

It is who is listed at the top come september 5th, that counts.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                    Yes he did play the full season in 2009. He got roughly 2/3 of the carries, with Buckhalter heating the other 1/3. But that was it. In 2010 only 13 games, 2011 only 7 games, and 2012 only 8 games. That's a rough stretch for someone with as much potential as he had. Based on the last 3 years, it looks like a good target would be about 120-150 carries for him.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MoreKn00.htm
                    In 2012, Moreno was a healthy inactive from Weeks 3 through Week 11; he did not miss eight games due to injury.

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                      So early in camp, depth charts mean next to nothing.

Exactly.

I think it appears obvious that the current depth chart is simply based off participation during the offseason program.

Moreno has been recovering from injury hence why he is #3. Dressen is not getting the bulk of the reps with the #1's. Koppen is not with the #1's as he has only just arrived back on the squad.

It is the professional way to do things. Someone puts in work they get rewarded but the goal is for the depth chart to sort itself out by Week One.

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                        I'm 100% in support of Knowshon Moreno. If Willis McGahee, however, had cut down on his fumbles, he would have been without a doubt our best runner.

Knowshon fumbled very early in the season, but he did not put the ball on the ground at all in the games he started down the stretch. Knowshon also is our most balanced RB, with good pass protection, receiving, and running skills. All Moreno needs to do is stay healthy.

Like the above posts, I agree that if Montee Ball improves his pass protection, the starting job is his to lose. Knowshon is injury-prone, so a situational/rotational role for him would be best for his body and the team.

Hillman just gets better with experience. Hillman needs to dance less and improve his pass protection more.
                        solid post, bravo.
                        we have 3 very solid RBs at our disposal, thats a great situation for us starting the season.

Comment

Originally posted by mh stampede View Post
                          so early in camp, depth charts mean next to nothing.

bingo!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RSH View Post
                            In 2012, Moreno was a healthy inactive from Weeks 3 through Week 11; he did not miss eight games due to injury.
                            I know. I was just posting games played regardless of reason.
                            Last edited by flosstein; 07-27-2013, 09:49 AM.
                            #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by AZ bronco View Post
                              solid post, bravo.
                              we have 3 very solid RBs at our disposal, thats a great situation for us starting the season.
                              How can you say this?

We have zero proof of Hillman gett better at pass protection.

Or that Ball will be anything more than Ball 1 was..

Or that Moreno will be able to stay healthy.

Until they start playing in preseason and that is hardly conclusive, we ONLY can hope those things listed above.

Comment

Originally posted by luvdacolts67 View Post
                                Id like to know why he is not seen as the #1 rb right now?
                                I like what he did last year and thought he was much better than Willis and Hillman. I dont think Hillman has the blocking ability to be a #1 or #2 RB. Knowshon showed me he could do it all. I know he is injury prone which is not good because if he would have stayed in the Baltimore game we would have won,IMO. Watching Ball on film, this guy is a monster and could be #1 but this is the NFL and its much more complicated and much faster. He will need to learn to block for Peyton which is what Hillman cant do. I just think right now that KM should be #1 with Ball taking allot of snaps to see what he can do.
                                I think you answered the question yourself. The Broncos shouldn't be content with Moreno as the starting runningback. He just doesn't offer enough consistently. The Broncos should always be looking to upgrade every position when given the chance. Ball and Hillman offer upside that Moreno doesn't at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X