X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    But he also had the receiving yards that always gets overlooked. Almost every game he started, maybe even every game. He went over 100 total yards. Anytime simene goes for 100+ it's a very good day. He does it consistently. That is why, where he lacks in running he makes up for in pass catching and open space.

Also didnt knowshon complete his rookie year without missing a game? I am pretty sure he did. He missed training camp but did not miss a game and finished out the season- to whoever said that. I haven't looked but I think that is correct.
    Yes he did play the full season in 2009. He got roughly 2/3 of the carries, with Buckhalter heating the other 1/3. But that was it. In 2010 only 13 games, 2011 only 7 games, and 2012 only 8 games. That's a rough stretch for someone with as much potential as he had. Based on the last 3 years, it looks like a good target would be about 120-150 carries for him.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MoreKn00.htm

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I don't really get all the love for Moreno based on last season.

He had 2 100+ yard game, 1 of those against KC and 1 against Baltimore in the regular season when half their defense was out with injury. His Yards per Attempt was barely over 4, but he only had 2 games over 3.72.

Without a couple fumbles at bad times, McGahee was much more reliable and solid than Moreno. He'll never start unless there's injuries this season or Fox feels like giving him the opening day start but gives Ball more carries..

But he also had the receiving yards that always gets overlooked. Almost every game he started, maybe even every game. He went over 100 total yards. Anytime simene goes for 100+ it's a very good day. He does it consistently. That is why, where he lacks in running he makes up for in pass catching and open space.

Also didnt knowshon complete his rookie year without missing a game? I am pretty sure he did. He missed training camp but did not miss a game and finished out the season- to whoever said that. I haven't looked but I think that is correct.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    I was excited when we first drafted KnoMo and up until I believe the end of the season 2 years ago I started coming around on him. He started showing a better attitude - more humble on and off the field disposition and better performance. Injuries seemed to come at times when he was really starting to make an impact.

I don't think we've seen the best of KnowMo yet - and maybe we won't see the best of him in Denver - but if he can stay healthy for long enough and actually have his number called when he is - he should be able to compete with the other RBs who are asked to full-fill the same responsibilities

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    I don't have a problem with the way Moreno played last year. He was hitting the holes faster and did less dancing in the backfield. My ONLY gripe with him is he CANNOT stay healthy. He has not been able to complete one season since he has been here and when we needed him the most last year we couldn't count on him, AGAIN.

If Ball or Hillman can stay healthy and can block and produce around 4 YPC then Moreno will not be a Bronco after this season. The Broncos are not going to continue to pay his salary while he sits in the infirmary.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    I was down on on Knowshon b4 last season. But his attitude towards his unwarranted stint in the doghouse and how he played down the stretch really changed my mind on him, and I think he is an asset to the team. But with that, I don't think he is or should be the #1 RB on the team. He hasn't shown the durability to make it thru a full season as the bell cow back. But as "relief" duty RB, he may be one of the best in the league. He is 2nd to none in pass-pro and is a guaranteed chain mover in the open field. I have grown to like him quite a bit. Regardless of his yards, he's an effective player. And while that may signal "bust" due to his draft slot, an effective productive player is an asset. But again, as the #1 RB? Nah, 3rd down or "relief" back is where he seems to be most effective.
    Very good post...

I think most folks feel much the sa,e way.

Then there are player fans. Those that loved a guy in college and when he was drafted by us. Well they will wish for others NOT to do well so their guy will get the job.

Others despise Moreno because Mc D drafted him whether it was because:
    A. he was taken earlier than he was supposed to
    B. their pick was bypassed for him..
    C. Because mc D took him.
    D. Shanahn was fired.

Only they know and most will not be truthful with themselves.

I'm a firm believer in suit them up and let the coaches make the decision.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    I was down on on Knowshon b4 last season. But his attitude towards his unwarranted stint in the doghouse and how he played down the stretch really changed my mind on him, and I think he is an asset to the team. But with that, I don't think he is or should be the #1 RB on the team. He hasn't shown the durability to make it thru a full season as the bell cow back. But as "relief" duty RB, he may be one of the best in the league. He is 2nd to none in pass-pro and is a guaranteed chain mover in the open field. I have grown to like him quite a bit. Regardless of his yards, he's an effective player. And while that may signal "bust" due to his draft slot, an effective productive player is an asset. But again, as the #1 RB? Nah, 3rd down or "relief" back is where he seems to be most effective.

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    If both the younger guys end up struggling in pass pro, Peyton will demand Kno be the guy.

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    I have a feeling that they are going to give Hillman and Ball both a lot of reps because after this year Moreno will need a new contract and if the new guys can produce similar numbers to Moreno than he will be gone.

It is a cap thing....

Leave a comment:

• luvdacolts67
    replied
    Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    Hillman earned the #1 spot in mini-camp, so this is a good thing. I think either Ball or Moreno will replace him eventually but its good to see Hillman doing things right.
    Honestly its the kind of RB that Hillman is that I dont like. Not much power and cant break tackles. He's just a speedster like Donald Brown. I just dont think Hillman will remain #1.

Leave a comment:

• JaysusCutler
    replied
    Hillman earned the #1 spot in mini-camp, so this is a good thing. I think either Ball or Moreno will replace him eventually but its good to see Hillman doing things right.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by luvdacolts67 View Post
    Id like to know why he is not seen as the #1 rb right now? I like what he did last year and thought he was much better than Willis and Hillman. I dont think Hillman has the blocking ability to be a #1 or #2 RB. Knowshon showed me he could do it all. I know he is injury prone which is not good because if he would have stayed in the Baltimore game we would have won,IMO. Watching Ball on film, this guy is a monster and could be #1 but this is the NFL and its much more complicated and much faster. He will need to learn to block for Peyton which is what Hillman cant do. I just think right now that KM should be #1 with Ball taking allot of snaps to see what he can do.
    Fans hav e a new toy. They all want to play with it whether it is totally put together yet.

The old toy is almost always set aside. Regardless if it still functionally ok. It is no bright and shiny.

One of the reasons I let the coaches make those decisions.

BUT they also have a basis since Ball is their guy and Moreno is Mc Ds unless Morneo is superior in all ways. ball will get loads of snaps.
    Last edited by Garfield; 07-21-2013, 03:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• johntbronco
    replied
    I am going to bet that this year we will go with a running back by committee. Both MBall, Hillman, and Morendo will get their share of the RB yards. Who is going to start? I don't know. To be honest it really doesn't matter. I think I agree with the RB by committee. This will keep the RB fresh. And we know we have had a lot of issues in this dept.

So, don't worry about RB position. We will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Personally I was under the impression Knowshon is considered #1 unless or until Ball supplants him

The issue is his injury. This clouds the whole deal.

I believe the team hopes Knowshon can stay healthy and also believe the team hopes Ball can take the #1 spot on the depth chart.

And Hillman to be the change of pace guy.

Leave a comment:

• luvdacolts67
    replied
    They just said that Hillman is #1 on NFL channel. This is a mistake and I dont think it will stand. He runs like Donald Brown of the Colts. You have to have more than speed in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    I don't really get all the love for Moreno based on last season.

He had 2 100+ yard game, 1 of those against KC and 1 against Baltimore in the regular season when half their defense was out with injury. His Yards per Attempt was barely over 4, but he only had 2 games over 3.72.

Without a couple fumbles at bad times, McGahee was much more reliable and solid than Moreno. He'll never start unless there's injuries this season or Fox feels like giving him the opening day start but gives Ball more carries..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X