Give VON the benifiet of doubt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give VON the benifiet of doubt

I think we should wait and see if the suspension is overturned. I think he's a young guy with massive talent who probably made a mistake. It does hurt our team but Im willing to not judge so harshly. Maybe he comes out even stronger if he is suspended. This is the year for Peyton to win a SB and I hate to see this but I did allot of stupid things when I was young so Im willing to cut him some slack as long as he learns from this. Im sure he's feeling pretty bad right now.

I meant VON in the title
    Last edited by luvdacolts67; 07-23-2013, 04:22 PM.

So he smoked some weed and popped some Molly .. It's only 4 games and it's not going to ruin the broncos season . If people are mad they need to relax .

Comment

If I failed a test, let alone three, at my job, i'd be fired. He needs to quit hanging out with who hes hanging out with. ie lil wayne, young money...
      Here we go Broncos Here we go!

Comment

Von will return with a vengeance!!!!!!!!!!!
        #1 R8R H8R

Comment

What benefit of the doubt is there to give?

Cutting him slack for testing positive is one thing but to pretend that there is a legitimate chance that the test was a false positive is another.

It is far more likely that he's guilty than not.

I will agree that there's no reason to vilify him though.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
            So he smoked some weed and popped some Molly .. It's only 4 games and it's not going to ruin the broncos season . If people are mad they need to relax .
            I'm mad. I am not overreacting. It's a selfish move, not because he was taking terrible substances, but because he knew he had already failed a drug test and knew that another would cost him 4 games. That's selfish.

I think he will rebound and he is still my favorite player, but to say we should be mad about it is stupid.
            Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
              I'm mad. I am not overreacting. It's a selfish move, not because he was taking terrible substances, but because he knew he had already failed a drug test and knew that another would cost him 4 games. That's selfish.

I think he will rebound and he is still my favorite player, but to say we should be mad about it is stupid.
              It's 4 games it's not going to keep the broncos from the playoffs even if the team only beats the raiders .
              So yeah i dont see any reason to be mad .

Comment

He made the same "mistake" three times already. Its morphed from "mistake" to trend. Hopefully the Broncos will insert a "marijuana clause" when it comes to contract negotiation time.

Comment

Huge fan of Von, thought he was a good guy. Still do. Everyone makes mistakes, but it's the rule. Plain and simple, pots not addictive, dangerous, blah blah blah. IT'S ILLEGAL IN THE NFL. If he failed another drug test then he let the entire franchise down. As far as "it's only 4 games", SERIOUSLY ! That's 1/4 of the season. Every game matters. I do think we have enough depth to handle this, but "C'mon Man"!
                  I' m sure I'm not alone, I have random drug testing at work. Guess what, I come up dirty I LOSE MY JOB! Go Broncos, can't wait to be in Mile high on 9/29 and see the Eagles get crushed!

Comment

It's 4 games it's not going to keep the broncos from the playoffs even if the team only beats the raiders .
                    So yeah i dont see any reason to be mad .
                    You can never take for granted 4 games. Ever.

And yes 4 games definitely can keep the Broncos away from the playoffs.

I don't agree with the rules pertaining to the legality of these substances myself but it really is something to be mad about when he's been through this already and is playing as one of the best players in the league.

Comment

He needs to be like Lawrence Taylor on the field not Lawrence Taylor off it.
                      All in for Siemian!

Comment

That is a pretty childish way to look at the situation imo. I don't agree with the substance in hand being illegal but it by rule is a banned substance and Von isn't a child. Let the record show this is the 3rd test he has failed so this isn't the first rodeo. I am not going to vilify the guy for it, but he needs to clean his act up. It isn't just about the 4 games which in the NFL shouldn't be taken for granted, it is about letting your teammates and coaches down and the executives that brought you into the organization.

Again I don't agree with the substance being illegal, but it is so by rule he has to respect that. He is a grown man and at some point you have to make choices for the betterment of your life and career. The "it's only 4 games," argument is a weak and childish one at best, because if he has failed 3 tests already who is to say he won't fail more and miss a season all for a little extra curricular. I love Von and being the same age as him I understand the pitfalls, but you have to put on the big boy pants at some point.
                        Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
                        Supporting this staff!
                        Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

I will wait to see what happens with the appeal. If it was a false positive and can be proven to be, great. If Von is guilty then it was a stupid act on his part. Four games can make or break a season. I just hope that if he is suspended that the rest of the team picks up the slack.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay2Javon4life View Post
                            That is a pretty childish way to look at the situation imo. I don't agree with the substance in hand being illegal but it by rule is a banned substance and Von isn't a child. Let the record show this is the 3rd test he has failed so this isn't the first rodeo. I am not going to vilify the guy for it, but he needs to clean his act up. It isn't just about the 4 games which in the NFL shouldn't be taken for granted, it is about letting your teammates and coaches down and the executives that brought you into the organization.

Again I don't agree with the substance being illegal, but it is so by rule he has to respect that. He is a grown man and at some point you have to make choices for the betterment of your life and career. The "it's only 4 games," argument is a weak and childish one at best, because if he has failed 3 tests already who is to say he won't fail more and miss a season all for a little extra curricular. I love Von and being the same age as him I understand the pitfalls, but you have to put on the big boy pants at some point.
                            All that talk about he let the franchise and his teammates down is irrelevant to me cause I'm not any part of the broncos organization other than as a fan and as a fan I don't think missing him for 4 games even if the broncos go 1-3 will keep the broncos out of the playoffs so I have no reason to be mad .

I dont believe he will do it again but if he does and misses a full year yea ill be mad cause he is costing the team I am a fan of but then it will prove that von is an idiot and he won't get his pay day and he can move on to the next team and it is what it is .
                            Last edited by Justblaze2729; 07-23-2013, 07:22 PM.

Comment

And your attitude proves my point!

Comment

Working...
                              X