Give VON the benifiet of doubt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by luvdacolts67 View Post
    I think we should wait and see if the suspension is overturned. I think he's a young guy with massive talent who probably made a mistake. It does hurt our team but Im willing to not judge so harshly. Maybe he comes out even stronger if he is suspended. This is the year for Peyton to win a SB and I hate to see this but I did allot of stupid things when I was young so Im willing to cut him some slack as long as he learns from this. Im sure he's feeling pretty bad right now.

I meant VON in the title
    I couldn't agree more! He's still the best OLB in the NFL and I believe he will come back with a vengeance!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
      That quote also states its his 3rd offense, which we all know has been confirmed by the league that its not true. So it boils down to which quotes do you want to believe the ones from Miller who has some backing by the leagues response/clarification or this guy who has quoted flat out lies in attempts to discredit the guy already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        Yea but it all rolls back to "anonymous" the media loves to stir the pot and who knows if any of our players actually said that....

Fact of the matter the official information from the NFL (the only source in this matter that should matter) is that the suspension is not related to a failed drug test.

That's why I don't listen to the media, there was so many reports that "an nfl source confirmed it was weed and amphetamines" floating around and yet the NFL the only source that matter said nope that's not the truth.....

That's why you shouldn't jump to conclusions until you know the true facts.
        At same time man sometimes those sources CAN be right you never know, I'm not saying I do either. There some website out there and sources that can be as reliable as NFL if not more so... Sometimes I might jump to conclusions if I see multiple sources with same info I might be wrong or right. It's just big deal to me honestly.
        Last edited by Chillez; 07-30-2013, 01:41 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
          If any of us did what Miller did we would of more than likely been fired from our jobs. Athletes get away with more than average everyday Joe does. They have more leverage than us. It is what it is.
          That's not true.

For one, these athletes are under scrutiny for far more of their everyday lives than an "average Joe" is. Two, athletes are more important to their jobs than you are to yours. Sorry, but it's true. Most of us work jobs that anyone could do at an elite level with very little training. Professional athletes have physical gifts and skill-sets so rare, combined with a tireless work ethic to punish their bodies around the clock, that they can't simply be replaced. There are something like 1800 total players in the NFL - on teams or practice squads. Compare that to the number of cashiers, engineers, teachers, and janitors. Then consider how pivotal these elite athletes are to the success of each franchise. Lots of money comes with lots of risk, so these people have way more to lose than you or I. The owners do as well, and they will go to great lengths (within reason) to retain a valuable asset to their product.

If something is criminal, they will be treated like criminals. Do they have access to better lawyers? Absolutely. That doesn't mean they get better treatment from the courts themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
            That's not true.

For one, these athletes are under scrutiny for far more of their everyday lives than an "average Joe" is. Two, athletes are more important to their jobs than you are to yours. Sorry, but it's true. Most of us work jobs that anyone could do at an elite level with very little training. Professional athletes have physical gifts and skill-sets so rare, combined with a tireless work ethic to punish their bodies around the clock, that they can't simply be replaced. There are something like 1800 total players in the NFL - on teams or practice squads. Compare that to the number of cashiers, engineers, teachers, and janitors. Then consider how pivotal these elite athletes are to the success of each franchise. Lots of money comes with lots of risk, so these people have way more to lose than you or I. The owners do as well, and they will go to great lengths (within reason) to retain a valuable asset to their product.

If something is criminal, they will be treated like criminals. Do they have access to better lawyers? Absolutely. That doesn't mean they get better treatment from the courts themselves.
            I agree with athletes are under munch more scrutiny than most of America. Due to social media like twitter, facebook, internet, phones, etc. Unless you want to get into government and other more important jobs in the world. I rather not go there and get into it. That's just like your opinion man but not a fact. Yeah professional athletes are amazing, with athleticism, along with skills, grace, determination, and work ethic but at the end of the day it's basic form of entertainment to many fans and people around the world. But they do NOT impact the world and improve it like lot of people on Earth. They get paid more in few years than most of us will make in several lifetimes. Not saying that's bad thing or that they don't deserve it but rather that money go to someone that is trying make world a better place for future generations. OJ Simpson says hi. Athletes get away with more in courts than average Joe does I completely disagree.
            Last edited by Chillez; 07-30-2013, 04:13 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Any idea on when the appeal process will be finished?

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
                Any idea on when the appeal process will be finished?
                They said the appeal will be held sometime in August before the season starts.

Comment

Working...
                X