Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Ronnie Hillman (good not bad)

Lol felt like I should add that last part after recent events

Anyhow...just watched clips from Hillman's workout program on NFLN... He is consuming 4500 calories a day and dude looks absolutely jacked...

Something they did that I liked is they threw a 25lb vest on him as soon as workouts started, obviously to get his legs ready for the weight...he said improving his speed and explosion has still been his main goal

But yeah he really looks much more the part...now my hope is that he really keeps his focus on to keep the weight throughout the season...if he looks like that come week 1, he could get more PT than I anticipated

Just wanted to throw that out there for those who couldn't catch it

I was just reading about his offseason training with Travelle Gaines in this article:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/T...n-shape-072213

Gaines barks out keywords and phrases to trigger each player, challenging them.

“Thirty carries a game, Ronnie Hillman!” Gaines yells at the Broncos’ second-year running back, who has added 20 pounds of muscle this offseason. “Montee Ball is coming for you. Hold that ball high.”

I don't think there's a player on the roster more determined/committed to earning a starting role for the upcoming season than Ronnie Hillman.

Comment

Good for Ronnie, I liked what i saw from him in college, being able to break Marshall Faulk's records is pretty impressive on its own. But given the fact that he has had a year to be a pro and train in the NFL ... AND HE IS STILL THE YOUNGEST GUY ON THE TEAM, he has all the skill and talent he just has to go out there and take what he wants.

I Like Knowshon when healthy, I like Montee Ball, and I like Hillman... so who ever proves that they want it the most i think the broncos will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post

Anyhow...just watched clips from Hillman's workout program on NFLN... He is consuming 4500 calories a day and dude looks absolutely jacked...

Something they did that I liked is they threw a 25lb vest on him as soon as workouts started, obviously to get his legs ready for the weight...he said improving his speed and explosion has still been his main goal

But yeah he really looks much more the part...now my hope is that he really keeps his focus on to keep the weight throughout the season...if he looks like that come week 1, he could get more PT than I anticipated

Just wanted to throw that out there for those who couldn't catch it
        thank you #24, we all need some POSITUVE news about our broncos to lift our spirits and change the 'discussion".
        I am thrilled with his dedication and desire , however...
        his MAIN goal, should be to be the best BLOCKING RB on the PLANET, that will get him more PT and accentuate his chances for 20-25 TOUCHES a game.
        I seriously doubt ANY of our 3 top contenders will get 30 CARRIES in ANY game this year, in fact, 30 carries will most likely be a rare STAT for the ENTIRE squad in MOST of our games!
        I am willing to bet we wont go over the 30 carries a game more than 5 times in the regular season.

HILLMAN, keep up the good work, focus on blitz pick-up and blocking if you want the lion's share of playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ bronco View Post
          thank you #24, we all need some POSITUVE news about our broncos to lift our spirits and change the 'discussion".
          his MAIN goal, should be to be the best BLOCKING RB on the PLANET, that will get him more PT and accentuate his chances for 20-25 TOUCHES a game.
          I seriously doubt ANY of our 3 top contenders will get 30 CARRIES in ANY game this year, in fact, 30 carries will most likely be a rare STAT for the ENTIRE squad in MOST of our games!
          I am willing to bet we wont go over the 30 carries a game more than 5 times in the regular season.

HILLMAN, keep up the good work, focus on blitz pick-up and blocking if you want the lion's share of playing time.
          I really think you need to go back and look at last year running stats. The Broncos averaged over 30 carries a game so then to say that they will only do that in a handful of games as a team just means you don't understand the importance of the run game. My guess is the Broncos will actually be running more this year than last. Peyton has already said that his desire is to average 10 more plays a game this season compared to last and my guess is not all of that will be geared towards the pass game. First off that would burn out Peyton's Arm and if that is the case then that means we are behind in most of our games. My guess is it will be the opposite where the offense will dominate the first half of games with the passing game meaning we play ball control in the 2nd half meaning more running back carries.

Comment

Also AZ as much as you keep focusing on the blocking of running backs it is still important for them to be good runners. Yes blocking is important when you play in a pass first offense but if he is a good runner especially between the tackles he will get his opportunities. Part of the problem last year for the Broncos is there were times when they could not seal the deal on a game because the running backs could not get the tough yards. The best way to really open things up on this offense is to have a deadly run game as well as pass game. Peyton's best year as a pro came when he had probably his best running game supporting him.

Comment

Thanks for the post about Hillman. I really do hope he can be a major part of the offense. I think ideally Ball and Hillman will split carries but I would love to see that 50/50

Alex Gibbs will help all Broncos RBs improve their blocking count on it.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I liked the pick last year and I still do. I can't wait to see him hit the field more this year.

Comment

For once, we mainly agree

Comment

Originally posted by cdumler7 View Post
                    I really think you need to go back and look at last year running stats. The Broncos averaged over 30 carries a game so then to say that they will only do that in a handful of games as a team just means you don't understand the importance of the run game. My guess is the Broncos will actually be running more this year than last. Peyton has already said that his desire is to average 10 more plays a game this season compared to last and my guess is not all of that will be geared towards the pass game. First off that would burn out Peyton's Arm and if that is the case then that means we are behind in most of our games. My guess is it will be the opposite where the offense will dominate the first half of games with the passing game meaning we play ball control in the 2nd half meaning more running back carries.
                    Well, in fairness...we didn't have Welker, and this is now Manning's second year where he's more healthy, as well as obviously having better timing down...we should be throwing a bit more this year

However, a great running game isss still key because I believe that's how teams will gameplan to stop us...by trying to do what the Ravens did, play the pass all the way...hopefully we can consistently make em pay for it

Comment

Ronnie Hillman is still only 21 years old, the youngest player on the current roster. There are ten 22 year olds all of whom are rookies except Brock Osweiler. Ronnie will turn 22 on September 14.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

How often did Hillman whiff on a block last year? Manning did a great job of letting him know where he needed to be, he just had a hard time holding his ground when those blitzers came free. The extra weight should definitely help as well as being a more confident player in general.

Comment

He looks good in shorts.....We will see when the pads go on. Personally he will be hard pressed to be anything more than a change of pace guy and spot starter. His game has some serious holes in it. And the FO agrees with me cause they spent a 2nd round pick on a RB. Montee will be the starter and I see Hillman getting a lot of action to spell Ball.
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                            He looks good in shorts.....We will see when the pads go on. Personally he will be hard pressed to be anything more than a change of pace guy and spot starter. His game has some serious holes in it. And the FO agrees with me cause they spent a 2nd round pick on a RB. Montee will be the starter and I see Hillman getting a lot of action to spell Ball.
                            I don't think taking BPA in the 2nd round means they agree with you. I think it meant they saw a great RB fall to them, and also knew that McGahee was on his way out as well as Knowshon being on his last year in town. John Fox has historically had his teams take RB's high despite having a well-established starter.

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post

Any of you Guys have a link to the video? Couldn't find it on NFL.com

Comment

Working...
                              X