• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I feel you, bro.

I had a blue Cutler jersey that I got in 2007. After he was traded, that jersey was useless and I haven't worn it since.

I had a Utah Jazz Deron Williams jersey too. Now he is in Brooklyn.

I'm afraid of getting a Von or DT jersey because it's almost like a jinx.
    LOL same boat here......

Went to a season ticket holders autograph session to get a ball signed for my nephew........walking away I thought how cool......I just got Deron Williams, Carlos Boozer and Jerry Sloan to sign this ball for my nephew, he will look back and remember these guys growing up and cherish that ball, well yeah.....I guess not.

Leave a comment:

• Aldom916
    replied
    Yeah im looking back at my favorite players over the years and Portis and Al Wilson were too of my favorites. I dont see many Al Wilsom jerseys. A Clady jersey would be a safe choice though lol

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    Originally posted by Aldom916 View Post
    I dont normally buy jerseys due to the fact that once I finally want to buy one the players future ends up in jeopardy. Like when I wanted a Portis, Cutler, Marshall, Tebow jersey lol ive gone safe over the years and folked out the cash for my Elway Throwback and my Champ.
    I feel you, bro.

I had a blue Cutler jersey that I got in 2007. After he was traded, that jersey was useless and I haven't worn it since.

I had a Utah Jazz Deron Williams jersey too. Now he is in Brooklyn.

I'm afraid of getting a Von or DT jersey because it's almost like a jinx.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Aldom916 View Post
    I dont normally buy jerseys due to the fact that once I finally want to buy one the players future ends up in jeopardy. Like when I wanted a Portis, Cutler, Marshall, Tebow jersey lol ive gone safe over the years and folked out the cash for my Elway Throwback and my Champ.
    you stay away from Von Miller jerseys infact you only buy a retired players jersey. Perhaps a Steve Atwater or Neil Smith but you stay away all current and that includes John Elway...

Durn Jinx lol jk

Leave a comment:

• allthings18
    replied
    To me it's a rather simple concept. If you want Portis get Portis, if you want Maurice Clarett, then so be it.

Some might raz you over a player not being "an all time great". but if you like him you like him. I have a Redskins/Tennessee fan that still has his Heath Shuler jersey and will wear it from time to time.

It' s not a popular choice, but it's who he likes.

Now I did see a picture of some joker wearing a Rae Carruth jersey at a Carolina Panthers game, and to me that is crossing the line just based on Carruth's history. Maybe the guy wanted the attention, maybe he was from another country and had no clue and picked it up at Goodwill.

Get who YOU want.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    I always liked Portis, although he was only here for a little while he didnt leave via free agency or being cut so to me his departure never left that sour taste for me. I think the fact that he netted us Champ has always kept him as a fan favorite for me.

For a jersey option what about our all time team leader in points Jason Elam......its going to be a long time before someone breaks his scoring record. Its a safe jersey, and one that you dont see a ton of.

But get your guy, be it Portis or anybody else........the beauty of being a fan is that there is no right or wrong way to be one (Despite some peoples claims)
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 07-28-2013, 08:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    I'm done with buying jerseys. If I were ever to buy one again, it'd be one with my own name on it.

Leave a comment:

• 100%Broncoholic
    replied
    Folks, while discussing this, please avoid using the forums to purchase and/or sell items.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    What does it matter if he wants Portis? Personally hes still one of my faves

Leave a comment:

• Aldom916
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    Why Portis? He only played 2 years here. I'd go with a Manning jersey, or DT.
    An Orange Al Wilson would look pretty nice. Probably my favorite defensive player in our teams history. Dude was an animal.

Leave a comment:

• Aldom916
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    I already got a Manning, Von, and DT on Order. My 2 current favorite players and getting the Manning for the heck of it. Now im just looking for another and im having a hard time figuring it out. Ive already had a Atwater and Rod. Im looking for out the box or former favorite player.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Aldom916
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Aldom916
    replied
    Originally posted by MHOC View Post
    Why would you want a player who isn't with the broncos?
    I have a white Portis ill sell you
    Because im not interested in anyone else. Im a little wary of getting the 3 im currently getting. An Orange Portis is a jersey I really wanted back in the day along with an Orange Al Wilson. CP is a personal favorite. Seeing him scat on everyone was something else. I might just end up getting a Clady to be safe lol

Leave a comment:

• MHOC
    replied
    Why would you want a player who isn't with the broncos?
    I have a white Portis ill sell you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X