Center????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center????

will Saturday be at camp come Monday am. to replace an injured Koppen?
    Manny Ramirez
    21.74%
    Ryan Lilja
    76.09%
    Steve Vallos
    0.00%
    Other
    2.17%

no. he's retired.

wouldn't have wanted him if he still planned to play. sucked with packers.

Comment

No, we're going with Manram, sink or swim. Saturday would actually be a step down. Theres a reason why Green Bay benched him halfway through the season.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 amigos View Post
        will Saturday be at camp come Monday am. to replace an injured Koppen?
        Nope. Saturday is happily retired and isn't in playing shape. He looks like he has slim down.
        sigpic

Comment

I actually saw Manny pull well last year. Against an Odd Front, with the Guards uncovered, if he needs help, he'll get it.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

They signed Vallos a veteran OC 29 year old 6'3" 310 pounds.

Comment

It does not look promising that Vallos will be anything but depth at Center.

Looks like Ramirez or Blake will have to step up big time this season. Ramirez has been working with the first team at least. Wonder if Kuper can be healthy enough to play the position?

Wouldn't you love to have that third or fourth round draft pick for Barrett Jones now?

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Looks like Ramirez or Blake will have to step up big time this season. Ramirez has been working with the first team at least. Wonder if Kuper can be healthy enough to play the position?

Wouldn't you love to have that third or fourth round draft pick for Barrett Jones now?
                kuper is a memory, his contract will not be paid this year.. EVEN IF he is healthy he has had even less time at OC than manny does..

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                  kuper is a memory, his contract will not be paid this year.. EVEN IF he is healthy he has had even less time at OC than manny does..
                  If ramirez starts at OC, which he most likely will, Kuper is the best interior Olineman as backup on the roster by far. If he is healthy, there is NO WAY they let him go after losing both Walton and Koppen. If another interior olineman goes down, they are in serious trouble in the middle.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    If ramirez starts at OC, which he most likely will, Kuper is the best interior Olineman as backup on the roster by far. If he is healthy, there is NO WAY they let him go after losing both Walton and Koppen. If another interior olineman goes down, they are in serious trouble in the middle.
                    The only problem is that both Walton and Kuper are on the preseason PUP list. If they go into the regular season on the PUP list, it will be six games in before they can practice, and more before they would be in game shape ... maybe.

I agree that Kuper is the best interior OL, but he and Walton don't seem available. We'll stay tuned. Not being able to practice at the beginning of TC is not a good sign.

There may be some new faces on the 8/9 member OL.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      The only problem is that both Walton and Kuper are on the preseason PUP list. If they go into the regular season on the PUP list, it will be six games in before they can practice, and more before they would be in game shape ... maybe.

I agree that Kuper is the best interior OL, but he and Walton don't seem available. We'll stay tuned. Not being able to practice at the beginning of TC is not a good sign.

There may be some new faces on the 8/9 member OL.
                      They could take kuper off the PUP before the season starts if they think he will be ready earlier.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        They could take kuper off the PUP before the season starts if they think he will be ready earlier.
                        I hope he starts the season on the roster. If so, he may be inactive for a while. He hasn't been the same since that horrible injury. His career may be winding down. I wish him the best of luck.

Comment

I put this out there to football stat heads greater than I. How many games has PFM played without his starting guy at center? There has to have been a few games where he had to adapt to new buns in his face? How well did he do in these games?

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            I hope he starts the season on the roster. If so, he may be inactive for a while. He hasn't been the same since that horrible injury. His career may be winding down. I wish him the best of luck.
                            being a #2 might be the best thing for him at this point...less wear and tear and can get fully healthy again.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Not sure. Barrett Jones didn't pass his fitness test/physical for the Rams and if we had him it would just be another question mark

Comment

Working...
                              X