Sunday Ticket - Annual Negotiation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
    Didn't grind as hard as I could, but after 1 phone call, I got the price down to $195 for sunday ticket maxx. ($235 paid over 6 months with a $40 first month 1 time credit)

Frankly I think its worth $200, I think $300 is gouging.

EDIT: BTW, I am still in a 2 yr contract so I was not able to pull the "I'm cancelling" thing
    Just today they offered me six months of $29.99/month for $180 and threw in the Max for free. And I'm also halfway through a two year contract.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Best offer for me since 2004

(Had to sign a new contract for one year)

Free NFL Sunday Ticket (did not want the max this year)

$20 Off for 1 year

$15 Off for 15 Months

Free Showtime 4 months

1/2 Off Stars for a year

$5 off Show/HBO for a year

Did not want the new receiver since it would lock up the account for 2 years.

FYI
      Everyone jumping on the new equipment will not have leverage next year since they will have you for another 12 months. Don't upgrade unless you must
      rst08tierney
      VISIONS OF CONFETTI
      Last edited by rst08tierney; 08-04-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
        Best offer for me since 2004

(Had to sign a new contract for one year)

Free NFL Sunday Ticket (did not want the max this year)

$20 Off for 1 year

$15 Off for 15 Months

Free Showtime 4 months

1/2 Off Stars for a year

$5 off Show/HBO for a year

Did not want the new receiver since it would lock up the account for 2 years.

FYI
        Everyone jumping on the new equipment will not have leverage next year since they will have you for another 12 months. Don't upgrade unless you must
        That is not true. I am under contract until Feb, and got my deal. People get deals all the time in contracts. Let me tell you a few reasons to get a Genie before Sunday Ticket starts. It has 5 tuners, so you can record 5 games at the same time, has 1 TB of space so no more space issues & last but not lease, it has a Picture in Picture function. You can have the screen split or several other options for observing 2 games at once. The Genie is amazing. I have had mine since feb 2012 and would not trade it for anything. The bill credits are one thing that can slow down the offers next year. Most are getting some that end in 12 months so that will be just in time. However there are some that are getting $15 off for 15 months. It all just depends on what is offered. See below for different kinds of offers you could still get next year if under contract.

Sunday Ticket Free
        Sudnay Ticket half off
        Sudnay Ticket half off with a 1 time credit to offset
        $20 off for 5 months
        $10 off for 12 months
        $15 off for 15 months
        any other 1 time retention credit

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
          I just got off phone with Direct TV

They gave me

Free ST Package (everything) with a 1 year commitment
          $20 general monthy discount for 12 mo
          $15 general monthy discount for 15 mo
          50% discount for the "Startz" movie channel pkg for 12 mo
          Free Upgrade to Genie + Home (should be getting HR44 box but she said could not be guaranteed by her) with a 2 year commitment (why not sounds fun to try it) for $3 / month

Also getting a internet upgrade (had DSL setup on lines over 10 years old) because current ISP irritating me. Could not get this for free but if I figure in what I will save after canceling current service it is a good deal. This will be $6 / month as fastest rate available 45 mbs

CP ya for the link. I feel having that knowledge saved time and negative negotiations I really did not want to go through
          We got the HR44. It's pretty awesome. Nice and small and no lags in the menus. Also PIP and wifi.

:fistpump:

Comment

has anyone ever tried swinging a deal for the ps3 service before? Also does anyone know if I get the Madden 25 package, if that subscription of Sunday Ticket will work on my ps3 too

Comment

I read there won't be an option for Sunday Ticket on PS3 this year. I guess I should look more into that.

Comment

Originally posted by joshjr View Post
                I read there won't be an option for Sunday Ticket on PS3 this year. I guess I should look more into that.
                All I see is that you can watch it online via a PC or mobile but I don't see anything about it being on the PS3 this year. I can say that where I read it was discontinued (wikipedia) is not totally reliable though.

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-Ann.../dp/B00CF7KVGE

Get NFL Sunday Ticket on Computers, Tablets, and Mobile Devices
                Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

Comment

I actually was able to score it for free for the first time and it wasn't even the reason i was calling. I called to cancel because ive hit a rough patch and couldn't afford it so when they transferred me to retention the lady gave me the ticket, 25 dollars off my bill for 12 months, HD fee waived for 12 months and no contract extension all just to keep me from cancelling. I was polite and joked around with the rep a little bit, made her laugh and she made me a very happy Directv customer. :salute
                  Bronco since Birth

Comment

Yeah, this year was also the best I've ever gotten.

NFL Sunday Ticket Max (with no contract extension because the rep I spoke with clicked the wrong option at first)
                    $25 off bill for next 12 months, then 3 more of $15 off per month. Looks like some other people got even better than that, but I would have been happy with just a reasonable discount for the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Comment

I checked my current package and I'm currently getting the basic Sunday ticket package for free without even calling.

But I'm contemplating pushing my luck to get Max at a cheaper price and because I think we want to try the Genie.

Plus from reading here it sounds like I can get alot more with some discounts on my bill as well.

And my two years is up this month so that's a plus. I'm worried though that if I call and don't like the deals they offer that it will bring to their attention that I'm getting the basic package for free. Wouldn't want to lose that.

Really think I want to upgrade to the Genie though if it has PIP and I can use the IPad.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                        I checked my current package and I'm currently getting the basic Sunday ticket package for free without even calling.

But I'm contemplating pushing my luck to get Max at a cheaper price and because I think we want to try the Genie.

Plus from reading here it sounds like I can get alot more with some discounts on my bill as well.

And my two years is up this month so that's a plus. I'm worried though that if I call and don't like the deals they offer that it will bring to their attention that I'm getting the basic package for free. Wouldn't want to lose that.

Really think I want to upgrade to the Genie though if it has PIP and I can use the IPad.
                        I think what you are looking at for free is just where they have not started billing you for it yet. Hope I am wrong but that is what everyone sees. Let us know if something changes or if you call back and get a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by joshjr View Post
                          I think what you are looking at for free is just where they have not started billing you for it yet. Hope I am wrong but that is what everyone sees. Let us know if something changes or if you call back and get a deal.
                          Well I thought about that too. Except that they normally start billing in August.

And I've already been billed for August without the charge on it.

Either way I have to call this afternoon about free upgrade to Genie. So we'll see.
                          sigpic

Comment

So I am not a great negotiator.

I called the first time and didn't get anything. However I upgraded my DVR to the Genie and got three months of Starz free. Not great.

Decided to call back later this evening and asked for retention immediately. Told her I wanted to cancel.

She gave the spew about how she wasn't a sports fan till she got Sunday ticket, and spewed off every feature claiming she loved them all and it was the most demanded package in television blah blah blah.

I was currently being renewed at 36.99 for 6 months which surprisingly is more than I paid last year for basic. She said she could get me 32.99 as her only discount for being a loyal customer. I said that's better but was thinking in my head that's what I paid last year. So I said no.

She said ok I found another option and its the "best", " lowest" option. Which I'm thinking yeah right I've heard better deals on here.

I said ok as I'm not a great negotiator but I asked what's the absolute best offer she can give me for the Max package. She said actually I can give you a free upgrade for being a loyal customer.

So I got Max package for $180 which is less than I paid for basic last year. Plus a free upgrade to Genie and Starz for three months.

Not the greatest deal but not bad for me.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm getting it for $40 basically, but only on computer, phone, and tablet, not directly on tv...
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                              Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                                I'm getting it for $40 basically, but only on computer, phone, and tablet, not directly on tv...
                                That's good. I had to go with tv though. I did MLB package streamed through PS3 a couple years back and it was a little leggy. So I gotta stick to tv options.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X