• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DirecTV is moving with us

Free Sunday Ticket Max
    $41 worth of monthly credits for one year
    3 free months of HBO, Stars, Cinemax, and Showtime
    Free moving package (so don't have to pay for them to come back out and install another satelite)
    and the kicker, only had to sign a one year contract. So we shall re-negotiate this time next year!!!

The way I got this timed as far as contract expiring in preseaon, if they continue to have me sign 12 month contracts and there tactic is free NFL package, I may never leave!!
    sigpic
    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Hey guys - I don't post here often but been a member a long time. I just purchased a new house (Philadelphia area) and I have lived far too many years as a Broncos fan without the Sunday Ticket. My main concern from getting away from cable is losing cable service when its raining / wind is blowing / snowing etc. Is this still an issue with satellite companies? Primarily DirectTV....... Please give you honest opinions only as I am really hoping to make the jump to Satellite. Thank you in advance. Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by stafuccijr View Post
        Hey guys - I don't post here often but been a member a long time. I just purchased a new house (Philadelphia area) and I have lived far too many years as a Broncos fan without the Sunday Ticket. My main concern from getting away from cable is losing cable service when its raining / wind is blowing / snowing etc. Is this still an issue with satellite companies? Primarily DirectTV....... Please give you honest opinions only as I am really hoping to make the jump to Satellite. Thank you in advance. Go Broncos!
        while it does not snow much where I live I suspect that could be a problem..

There are however some sprays that I have seen that make even dust something that will not stick.. the worst case scenario is the wife up on the roof acting like a windshield wiper..

Comment

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
          DirecTV is moving with us

Free Sunday Ticket Max
          $41 worth of monthly credits for one year
          3 free months of HBO, Stars, Cinemax, and Showtime
          Free moving package (so don't have to pay for them to come back out and install another satelite)
          and the kicker, only had to sign a one year contract. So we shall re-negotiate this time next year!!!

The way I got this timed as far as contract expiring in preseaon, if they continue to have me sign 12 month contracts and there tactic is free NFL package, I may never leave!!
          I had much the same thing, they wanted a year contract.. but then I had just did one a month before to get whole house free, SO I said sure thing ..

They actually reduced my bill by 65 a month and I found up with DIY and all the local channels free not to mention a slew of others that I do not care about...

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
            I had much the same thing, they wanted a year contract.. but then I had just did one a month before to get whole house free, SO I said sure thing ..

They actually reduced my bill by 65 a month and I found up with DIY and all the local channels free not to mention a slew of others that I do not care about...
            Wind is a problem where I live, but snow has never been an issue (even though we get snow). We have had winds so bad that I have had to get DTV to come out and re-align the dish. Its not the end of the world, but it can be annoying. Happens about once every 3-4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by stafuccijr View Post
              I live in Oklahoma and only have it go out if its a big storm or from snow on the dish. Each year I just get on a ladder and knock the snow off and it comes right back on. I try to stay on it so we never lose signal. If its aimed properly, you should not lose signal all that often. I think I have lost signal twice in the last year due to weather and both were short lived.

Comment

After thinking long and hard about this I came up with what I'm going to do. Contract expires in October. ..were moving in September. Ill just pay the $40 cancellation fee...move and have my fiance get it in her name. $45 bucks for the programming.. free sunday ticket. ..free hbo Showtime cinemax starz...free genies..plus a referral credit if 10 bucks. Score!

Comment

Just switched to DirectTV today, I get NFL ticket for free this year
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Madden 25 = free sunday ticket

If you pre order the anniversary edition of madden 25 this year, which is 99 bucks, you get sunday ticket for free on computers tablets and mobile devices, even if you dont have directv
                    http://www.amazon.com/Madden-Anniver.../dp/B00CF7KVMI

Comment

Originally posted by CDizMYname View Post
                      If you pre order the anniversary edition of madden 25 this year, which is 99 bucks, you get sunday ticket for free on computers tablets and mobile devices, even if you dont have directv
                      http://www.amazon.com/Madden-Anniver.../dp/B00CF7KVMI
                      That is cool but its not really free since the price of that version of the game is more expensive. Also most are able to get great deals by calling DirecTV instead of buying that version of the game. For what its worth, there is no PS3 streaming of Sunday Ticket this year it just mobile and tablets/PCs.

Comment

I don't think this has been posted yet?

Google and NFL Meet; Sunday Ticket up for Grabs?

Google has been holding talks with the National Football League, raising speculation that the Internet monolith is seeking new inroads into television.

Other tech companies like Apple are reportedly in talks with cable providers to boost access to blockbuster television shows through their devices.

With Google sitting on a cash pile of $48 billion, the league's Sunday Ticket package is easily within its reach.

The contract is currently held by DirecTV, which pays about $1 billion annually for the rights. That contract, however, expires at the end of the 2014 season.

Earlier this year, Google Chief Financial Officer Patrick Pichette said "it serves the shareholder best to actually have that strategic ability to pounce," when there is the opportunity to make a major acquisition.

The NFL confirmed its meetings with Google Wednesday, but declined to discuss the nature of those talks, as did Google.

"Members of our office meet often with innovative leaders in Silicon Valley and around the world," the NFL said in a statement. "We are constantly looking for ways to make our game better on the field, in the stadium and for fans."

The Sunday Ticket Package provides fans with access to most out-of-market NFL games not televised nationally on ESPN or on NBC.

Citi analyst Jason Bazinet believes that DirecTV is losing money on the deal, generating only about $725 million a year in revenue. He thinks a new contract would run about $1.5 billion if DirecTV were to make another go for it.

DirecTV has a market capitalization of about $32 billion and would be unlikely to remain for long in a bidding war with Google, which has a market capitalization nine times that.

Bazinet believes DirecTV investors would welcome the prospect of letting the NFL go.
                        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I hope Google doesn't get it's paws on the NFL ...... unless it gets cheaper.

RIght now I subscribe to the NFL Rewind which is a wonderful product for the price. If Google gets involved I can see this option going by the wayside.

I'd probably have to subscribe to some Live package for 5x the price
                          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

I hope google doesn't get its hand on it period. They already have way too much information on everyone. THey do not need one more way to get hooks in us.

Comment

Below is a link to more discussion on this. I for one and against it. Not everyone has the internet to do this with. You would need some good (fast) internet to do this and hope no one else in the house wants to watch anything. 2 games a week in HD every week would surely knock a dent in that data cap with the ISP as well.

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/207239-...t-discussions/

Comment

I know it doesn't take Google to implement this technology but if they somehow did Sunday Ticket streaming on the internet ...

in 3D

... That could be interesting. But NFL could do that without Google if they wanted to pioneer it. Back in the day NFL Films pioneered super slow motion.

Good point too Gsam^
                                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                                X