• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Pura Vida
    Special Teams

• Pura Vida
    replied
    I was close to the end of my contract. I got nfl max for free. I got both my receivers upgraded to hd dvr (before one was hd, other was sd). I got ten dollars off a month for a year. Which, when I include past discounts, it puts me at every channel they offer for 86 a month. Not my best negotiation, not my worst. He was good. I told him I wanted that ipad that dish was offering and he knew that the ipad offer is bogus and called me on it.

I did have to re-up for two years

He also gave me a verbal promise that when my past discounts expire, they will replace them. I got his name and employee number. That will give me ammo when I renegotiate mid contract.
    Pura Vida
    Special Teams
    Last edited by Pura Vida; 09-06-2013, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chronic_Toker
    I have a words with way.

• Chronic_Toker
    replied
    I figured I'd update this thread with my deal...

I got the 6 payments of $37.49 reduced to 5 payments of $29.99. Then I called the next day to see if there were any credits they could apply to my account to reduce my bill (since I've been a customer since 2008 and have never been late on a payment, not to mention my bill is north of $100 every month). I got $10 off each month for a year and another $3 off for three months. Basically I get one of my HD boxes for free for a year and whole home DVR for free for three months.

So, ignoring 'time value of money' I got the $224.94 down to $20.95. I'd say I won that fight

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    Football Immortal

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
    NFL ticket and a Genie for free with 60 dollars off my bill each month. I did have two sign an additional 1 year contract though.
    I really don't understand deals like this. I understand the free upgrade to Genie and even free Sunday ticket if it keeps you a subscriber to Directv. What makes 0 sense to me is why Directv would have an incentive to give people a dollar amount off the bill they were already paying each month. Especially $60 off.

It makes 0 businesssense to me whatsoever. You're telling me that Directv has decided to pay you $720 over the course of the next year to watch their Sunday Ticket programming? that has to be costing DirectV millions of dollars if enough customers talk their way into that.

It would make way more sense for them to just provide Sunday ticket free to all customers rather than paying so many to use it. I mean paying you $720 cancels out the cost they reap from 3 people like me paying $180 for it.

I understand you negotiate and if you have an expiring contract you have leverage. But someone please explain to me how these deals make any sense for Directv.

If it's merely a retention purpose for expiring contracts then it makes a little sense. Where Still getting $50-60 a month from you makes more sense than losing your business altogether just to avoid giving Sunday ticket free.

But if that's the case then I think that just becomes a discussion of directv negotiation thread not a Sunday Ticket negotation. You didn't talk Dirctv into paying you to watch it. You just talked them into making a great deal that keeps you as a customer. Which doesn't quite help those of us who aren't at the end of a contract.

Am I making sense?

Leave a comment:

• DarkHorse26
    Starter

• DarkHorse26
    replied
    NFL ticket and a Genie for free with 60 dollars off my bill each month. I did have two sign an additional 1 year contract though.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    Football Immortal

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by HARTZERC View Post
    I've had Sunday Ticket for about 8 years and gotten good discounts the past few. Today I called to say I was canceling because Denver will be on so many times. They offered regular Sunday Ticket for $180. I asked if I could get Max at that price and they said no so they went ahead and cancelled it. Guess I didn't get the right representative. I suppose I'll wait a couple days and call back. Anybody go through something like this?
    Originally posted by joshjr View Post
    Say cancel at the voice prompt. If you are asked additional questions, you will be sent to retention. If you do not get asked additional questions, ask the rep to send you to the retention department.
    Yes go to retention. That's who I asked for immediately when I called. I got the max package for that price. It's absolutely absurd for them to tell you no when so many others are getting it.

Only problem is now that you've cancelled it may be tough to get it back at a discount. Retention is to keep you on it. But you aren't still on it.

Leave a comment:

• joshjr
    Practice Squad

• joshjr
    replied
    Originally posted by HARTZERC View Post
    I've had Sunday Ticket for about 8 years and gotten good discounts the past few. Today I called to say I was canceling because Denver will be on so many times. They offered regular Sunday Ticket for $180. I asked if I could get Max at that price and they said no so they went ahead and cancelled it. Guess I didn't get the right representative. I suppose I'll wait a couple days and call back. Anybody go through something like this?
    Say cancel at the voice prompt. If you are asked additional questions, you will be sent to retention. If you do not get asked additional questions, ask the rep to send you to the retention department.

Leave a comment:

• HARTZERC
    Practice Squad

• HARTZERC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• joshjr
    Practice Squad

• joshjr
    replied
    Hurry and sign up for Sunday Ticket. The season starts a week from today and Sunday Ticket a week from this Sunday. I think the first week is usually a free preview for anyone not signing up.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    Orange Rush

• dizzolve
    replied
    I know it doesn't take Google to implement this technology but if they somehow did Sunday Ticket streaming on the internet ...

in 3D

... That could be interesting. But NFL could do that without Google if they wanted to pioneer it. Back in the day NFL Films pioneered super slow motion.

Good point too Gsam^

Leave a comment:

• joshjr
    Practice Squad

• joshjr
    replied
    Below is a link to more discussion on this. I for one and against it. Not everyone has the internet to do this with. You would need some good (fast) internet to do this and hope no one else in the house wants to watch anything. 2 games a week in HD every week would surely knock a dent in that data cap with the ISP as well.

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/207239-...t-discussions/

Leave a comment:

• Gsam
    replied
    I hope google doesn't get its hand on it period. They already have way too much information on everyone. THey do not need one more way to get hooks in us.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    Orange Rush

• dizzolve
    replied
    I hope Google doesn't get it's paws on the NFL ...... unless it gets cheaper.

RIght now I subscribe to the NFL Rewind which is a wonderful product for the price. If Google gets involved I can see this option going by the wayside.

I'd probably have to subscribe to some Live package for 5x the price

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    I don't think this has been posted yet?

Google and NFL Meet; Sunday Ticket up for Grabs?

Google has been holding talks with the National Football League, raising speculation that the Internet monolith is seeking new inroads into television.

Other tech companies like Apple are reportedly in talks with cable providers to boost access to blockbuster television shows through their devices.

With Google sitting on a cash pile of $48 billion, the league's Sunday Ticket package is easily within its reach.

The contract is currently held by DirecTV, which pays about $1 billion annually for the rights. That contract, however, expires at the end of the 2014 season.

Earlier this year, Google Chief Financial Officer Patrick Pichette said "it serves the shareholder best to actually have that strategic ability to pounce," when there is the opportunity to make a major acquisition.

The NFL confirmed its meetings with Google Wednesday, but declined to discuss the nature of those talks, as did Google.

"Members of our office meet often with innovative leaders in Silicon Valley and around the world," the NFL said in a statement. "We are constantly looking for ways to make our game better on the field, in the stadium and for fans."

The Sunday Ticket Package provides fans with access to most out-of-market NFL games not televised nationally on ESPN or on NBC.

Citi analyst Jason Bazinet believes that DirecTV is losing money on the deal, generating only about $725 million a year in revenue. He thinks a new contract would run about $1.5 billion if DirecTV were to make another go for it.

DirecTV has a market capitalization of about $32 billion and would be unlikely to remain for long in a bidding war with Google, which has a market capitalization nine times that.

Bazinet believes DirecTV investors would welcome the prospect of letting the NFL go.

Leave a comment:

• joshjr
    Practice Squad

• joshjr
    replied
    Originally posted by CDizMYname View Post
    If you pre order the anniversary edition of madden 25 this year, which is 99 bucks, you get sunday ticket for free on computers tablets and mobile devices, even if you dont have directv
    http://www.amazon.com/Madden-Anniver.../dp/B00CF7KVMI
    That is cool but its not really free since the price of that version of the game is more expensive. Also most are able to get great deals by calling DirecTV instead of buying that version of the game. For what its worth, there is no PS3 streaming of Sunday Ticket this year it just mobile and tablets/PCs.

Leave a comment:

• CDizMYname
    Practice Squad

• CDizMYname
    replied
    Madden 25 = free sunday ticket

If you pre order the anniversary edition of madden 25 this year, which is 99 bucks, you get sunday ticket for free on computers tablets and mobile devices, even if you dont have directv
    http://www.amazon.com/Madden-Anniver.../dp/B00CF7KVMI

Leave a comment:

Working...
X