Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watery-pee-gate, the ballad of Von Miller

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    Unless he is a true addict, he will be able to move past this. No one will give up 100+ million to smoke a jay every now and then.
    See, 'Williams, Ricky'.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by FabrizioHC View Post
      How about Watery-pee-gate
      Nice one!!!

      I thought of a couple more.....

      "Von Miller - We're Crying Over A Little Spilt Milk?"

      or

      "So We Lost Dumervil.....What Else Could Possibly Go Wrong?"
      Last edited by CanDB; 08-22-2013, 07:48 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Nice one!!!

        I thought of a couple more.....

        "Von Miller - We're Crying Over A Little Spilt Milk?"

        or

        "So We Traded Dumervil.....What Else Could Possibly Go Wrong?"
        Or you mean, "We're Crying Over A Little Spilt Pee?"
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

        Comment


        • Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          Or you mean, "We're Crying Over A Little Spilt Pee?"
          Well I kinda resorted to an old saying to add a little spice to the situation......by the way, as soon as I posted, I realized I said we traded Dumervil. I've since revised the post!!! Time for me to wake up!

          Comment


          • I swear, this has put a major damper on the season. But there's one guy who's probably at least a little grateful right now that nobody's talking about him, and he wears #26.
            "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Lomax View Post
              I swear, this has put a major damper on the season. But there's one guy who's probably at least a little grateful right now that nobody's talking about him, and he wears #26.
              True to a degree, but I think he paid enough for his mishap.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jimelway View Post
                Correct me if I'm wrong, but he got suspended for a diluted sample! That seems to be the what they got him on. If this is correct, DUDE WHATS WRONG WITH YOU! Guarantees SB win, no worries I won't be suspended. What was he trying to mask in the test? PEDs, recreational drugs? Either way your an idiot and you let your team down.

                I come up dirty on a drug test and I lose my job. So guess what, I came up with a great idea. I DON'T DO DRUGS! C'MON MAN!!!!!!

                I really thought he had his head on straight, obviously not. Prove me wrong. Come out in week 7, "killing guys". Tear up the second half of the season and finish the year holding a big trophy : ) over your head! Don't stop there, keep yourself out of trouble and be what we all know you can be. Everybody makes mistakes and deserve another chance. Dude you're pushing it, big time!
                Ok, I agree with most.
                I question (and forgive me if this has been addressed already, this post is over 50 pages at my writing, just don't have time to go through all) the actual validity of the claim.

                1. He spills his sample.
                2. He goes to practice and will give sample at end of practice.
                3. He drinks a lot during practice.
                a) Drinking during and after practice? Unheard of.
                4. He provides a sample after practice and they say it was diluted.

                The question going on in my mind is, wouldn't any sample be diluted if any player drank during a workout to stay hydrated?

                Makes me go hmmm.....
                Captain Kirk

                Comment


                • Did anyone see the interview on NFL Network with Shaun Phillips? Loved the chip on his shoulder as they asked him how can the Broncos possibly make up for the loss of Von. He was saying the team is more than Von, and the rest of the D is going to be playing like they've never played before.

                  He was saying that if they do their job, Peyton shouldn't have to put up 35 pts a game. I loved his attitude and his irritableness at the assumption that the D was pretty much done. He was awesome.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    That's another thing, weed is legal in Colorado to some extent is it not? If Von wants to, then he should be allowed to as long as he's doing it in the offseason. Bills LB Nigel Bradham was just issued a ticket for marijuana, how has he not been suspended yet?
                    I have several thousand co-workers who live in Colorado, but if they test positive for Mary Jane, or any drug, it could result in their immediate termination, depending on if they were in a safety sensitive position or other circumstances. So it is the company policy, same as the NFL. It is the company the players work for
                    Captain Kirk

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Captain Kirk View Post
                      Ok, I agree with most.
                      I question (and forgive me if this has been addressed already, this post is over 50 pages at my writing, just don't have time to go through all) the actual validity of the claim.

                      1. He spills his sample.
                      2. He goes to practice and will give sample at end of practice.
                      3. He drinks a lot during practice.
                      a) Drinking during and after practice? Unheard of.
                      4. He provides a sample after practice and they say it was diluted.

                      The question going on in my mind is, wouldn't any sample be diluted if any player drank during a workout to stay hydrated?

                      Makes me go hmmm.....
                      I agree. After I lift I usually piss clear and alot more as my kidneys are filtering out a variety of metabolic byproducts. An athlete of Von Miller's stature likely drops 8-10 pounds in bodyweight during exercise and should drink roughly 16 ounces of water per pound lost post exercise. If Broncos' trainers followed ACSM guidelines his urine would definitely be "diluted".

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Captain Kirk View Post
                        I have several thousand co-workers who live in Colorado, but if they test positive for Mary Jane, or any drug, it could result in their immediate termination, depending on if they were in a safety sensitive position or other circumstances. So it is the company policy, same as the NFL. It is the company the players work for
                        I don't use marijuana myself but the NFL should reconsider there stance as marijuana is a much better alternative to the pain medication many NFL players use daily. It's medicinal use should be allowed as long as the player does not publicly disclose it's use, contain THC in their bloodstream during a game, or use it in a locality where it is illegal (provided the federal government get's rid of their laws and let's the States decide for themselves).

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Captain Kirk View Post
                          I have several thousand co-workers who live in Colorado, but if they test positive for Mary Jane, or any drug, it could result in their immediate termination, depending on if they were in a safety sensitive position or other circumstances. So it is the company policy, same as the NFL. It is the company the players work for
                          I know it's company policy, but it doesn't change my opinion that during the offseason NFL players should not be subject to the substance abuse policy. If I'm getting furloughed at my job, I'm probably not going to continue to adhere to their policies until I start getting paid again.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            I know it's company policy, but it doesn't change my opinion that during the offseason NFL players should not be subject to the substance abuse policy. If I'm getting furloughed at my job, I'm probably not going to continue to adhere to their policies until I start getting paid again.
                            Those looking in the rear view mirror rarely see anything they can change. Sadly, Von will serve a suspension and it may cost the team a game or two, I got it. Violating rules that are already in place generally results in punishment based on severity of crime. I'm over it, hurry back VM.

                            This thread although useful for those wanting to vent is a constant reminder of what is coming and why. Lets get back to all the reasons we're going to run the table with the players available to us on the current roster. Looks like the coaches got some work to do. Godspeed boys
                            [sigpic

                            Comment


                            • It's a good thing the Broncos have Peyton Manning. If they still had Tebow or if Oz has to step in, this would be a problem.

                              With Manning, the offense will be the engine that keeps this bus running. The defense just needs to not screw things up too badly.

                              I think the defense will still be good even if it isn't great without Miller.

                              Too bad Miller put himself in this situation. Hopefully he learns from it and stays out of trouble after this.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                              Comment


                              • I'm commenting in this thread because its title is the best. Ever. And one must comment in a thread with the best title ever.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X