Lance Ball!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance Ball!!??

When will this dude be cut I'm sick of watching him. Guy appears to run with his eyes closed. On more then one occasion he ran straight into a pile up. Had two or three nice cut back lanes he missed each time. I found myself rewinding the game just to yell at the tv.

Originally posted by 25Harris_HOF View Post
    When will this dude be cut I'm sick of watching him. Guy appears to run with his eyes closed. On more then one occasion he ran straight into a pile up. Had two or three nice cut back lanes he missed each time. I found myself rewinding the game just to yell at the tv.
    What difference does it make in preseason?

Be patient. I have a feeling this may be the year if CJ keeps it up. I don't see them carrying 5 backs come week 1.

I believe the usual number is 4?

So Hillman, MBall, Moreno and CJ.
    sigpic

Comment

Johnson and Ball will both be cut, however I think they keep 5 & #5 would be Hester
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        What difference does it make in preseason?

Be patient. I have a feeling this may be the year if CJ keeps it up. I don't see them carrying 5 backs come week 1.

I believe the usual number is 4?

So Hillman, MBall, Moreno and CJ.
        Only way CJ makes the active roster is if he's a special teams stud and the Broncos choose to keep five RB's. Hester will make active before CJ. The Denver Post ran a story today that Dysert is too good to put on the practice squad so that points to four RB's. CJ had a good game against 4th and 5th stringers, it looked promising but let's not go crazy over it. He's probably a lock for the practice squad.
        Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Unlike some fans, coaches don't like to cut players until they are required to do so. You don't go cutting players in TC because you need them for these things called "practice" and "scout team".
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

When are the first cuts actually? Now while I do agree Lance Ball should be cut this year it makes no sense to do so before a team absolutely needs to. What happens if God forbid at tomorrow's practice our top 3 running backs go down with injury yet we cut Lance Ball the day before and somebody has already signed him? I know he is not a crowd favorite but he was good at blocking, catching the football, and was willing to do special teams work.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Unlike some fans, coaches don't like to cut players until they are required to do so. You don't go cutting players in TC because you need them for these things called "practice" and "scout team".
              Agreed although we made a few cuts and haven't been at the 90 man roster limit in a month or two now

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                Johnson and Ball will both be cut, however I think they keep 5 & #5 would be Hester
                Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                Only way CJ makes the active roster is if he's a special teams stud and the Broncos choose to keep five RB's. Hester will make active before CJ. The Denver Post ran a story today that Dysert is too good to put on the practice squad so that points to four RB's. CJ had a good game against 4th and 5th stringers, it looked promising but let's not go crazy over it. He's probably a lock for the practice squad.
                Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of the massive CJ koolaid drinkers yet. However as far as against Ball he already was slated above him and looked better.

Now making the actual roster I may have miscounted. I was counting in FB as I should've been. So yes Hester would definitely make it ahead of CJ.

But if 5 do in fact make it I still think it would be CJ ahead of Ball. If its only 4 I think people will be disappointed when CJ doesn't make it.

Dysert may be too good for PS but I really don't see a Peyton Manning team carrying 3 qb's. roster spots are too precious. I think it's a risk you have to take.
                sigpic

Comment

I just am at the point that if we are only using ball for practice and scout team. Why not go out in free agency and get a more talented back we know what we have in ball. And its average blocking and catching out the backfield.

C.J would add more value to this team then keeping a 3rd qb but does Elway risk losing Dysert? You can always call C.J back up to the active roster. But you might not be as lucky with Zach.

Comment

Can C.J play some FB?

Comment

Originally posted by 25Harris_HOF View Post
                      I just am at the point that if we are only using ball for practice and scout team. Why not go out in free agency and get a more talented back we know what we have in ball. And its average blocking and catching out the backfield.

C.J would add more value to this team then keeping a 3rd qb but does Elway risk losing Dysert? You can always call C.J back up to the active roster. But you might not be as lucky with Zach.
                      Lance Ball looks like he is on his way out. He can't go to the practice squad so again no reason to panic right now as my guess is during one of the rounds of cuts he will be gone. You just have to have some patience.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Unlike some fans, LOL

Good one Sam.
                        [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                          Numbers are going determine a lot for some players.

2 or 3 QB? Keep Dysert or PS?
                          3 or 4 TE? Green, Tamme, Dresseen...1 may be cut
                          5 or 6 WR? Johnson, Caldwell, Orton,..only 1 can make it max plus holliday shouldnt count as wr
                          4 or 5 rb? Ball, Hester, JJ, CJ.....only 1 or two makes it.

4 positions...only 3 empty roster spots

QB..manning, brock
                          Rb..ball, hillman, moreno
                          Oline...clady, beadles, lilja, kuper, manny, vasquez, franklin, clark, painter
                          TE..Jt
                          Wr..dt, decker, welker, king, holliday

All these are locks, imo. Leaves 5 spots, 2 minimum must be TE, leaving 3 spots for all the guys listed above to fight for. If they keep Dysert on 53 that leaves 2 spots for wr, te, and rb to fight for and i think 1 will be a wr.

edit...last 2 years, Broncos have kept 3 QB so odds are they keep 3 again.
                          Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-13-2013, 09:27 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

We don't have to cut down to 75 until August 27 I believe. So CJ and Ball have two games to prove whos worthy of a spot. Coaches see something in him on ST but I am not sure why he continues to be on the team.

Comment

Lance is gone no matter how CJ performs. It was reported today that CJ got second team reps and scored a few goal line TD's in practice. That tells me they like him quite a bit and at worst he's practice squad.

Gotta think Hillman, Montee, Knowshon are locks. Only chance CJ has is to bump Hester IMO. Which, if they were using him in goal line today maybe they were kicking that tire around. Hester was short yardage when he came in last year.
                              Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Working...
                              X