Derek Wolfe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Wolfe

Does anyone in Denver have any information on Derek Wolfe? I heard the announcers say he was being analyzed for a spinal injury.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Broncos LE Derek Wolfe (neck) passed a "battery of tests" after departing Saturday's game against the Seahawks, and may join the team for its flight back to Denver.

It's remarkably good news after Wolfe had to be immobilized and loaded into an ambulance on the field. He was evaluated for a "cervical spine injury," which could have potentially been career-ending. As it is, there's now an outside chance Wolfe could be ready for next Saturday's preseason game against the Rams. We highly doubt that will be the case, but it appears the pass-rushing deficient Broncos have dodged a major bullet.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Awesome. Do you have the link, Johnson?
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
        Awesome. Do you have the link, Johnson?
        It's from rotoworld but seems like we dodged a bullet.

Would hold him out next week provided he's alright.

Comment

Yea we did get lucky. That looked scary.

I really hope there's some fines divvied out after this game for at least a couple of the dirty plays/unnecessary roughness calls. It looked like the fullback had plenty of time to pull up but went straight for Wolfe's head with his.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

Lets keep our fingers crossed for him – he's a tough kid
            Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

NFL Network coverage was terrible throughout the first quarter so I couldn't really tell what actually happened
              sigpic
              What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Maybe we are lucky on this one...or Wolfe is lucky. Eddie Royal was carted off the same way and it was a concussion and bruised lungs I beleive, nothing too major. lets hope it turns out the same way for Wolfe.
                sigpic

Comment

He's flying home with the team, seems to have dodged a bullet.

Thought for sure that was a season ender.

Comment

Is it just me or wasn't that hit illegal? One guy took him out low while another followed up with a direct hit to the head.

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
                      Is it just me or wasn't that hit illegal? One guy took him out low while another followed up with a direct hit to the head.
                      that's what I thought too...
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by redneckrocker View Post
                        NFL Network coverage was terrible throughout the first quarter so I couldn't really tell what actually happened
                        They didn't show it again because it was an ugly, dirty hit that didn't get called. You can't high/low a guy and then spear him in the head. That FB better get a huge fine.

Comment

Isn't it ironic that his injury might end up being the least of our worries going forward?

What a night.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                            They didn't show it again because it was an ugly, dirty hit that didn't get called. You can't high/low a guy and then spear him in the head. That FB better get a huge fine.
                            Seriously, were those officials in training or something? I thought it was pretty ironic that in a game where they flagged 2/3 plays, that that wasn't a penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by msusc View Post
                              Seriously, were those officials in training or something? I thought it was pretty ironic that in a game where they flagged 2/3 plays, that that wasn't a penalty.
                              Well preseason is what the league uses to groom their greener refs
                              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Working...
                              X