Ronnie Hillman vs. Montee Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie Hillman vs. Montee Ball

After watching the 2nd pre-season game, I have noticed a dramatic difference between Hillman and Ball. Hillman definitely has more top speed, that can't be denied. However, he doesn't seem to have good vision or instincts as a runner, there were several runs in the first quarter where he had huge cutback lanes but instead ran into traffic.

For what Ball lacks in speed, he makes up for in vision and yards after contact. Ball seems to find the 2/3 yards that is available and is quick to drive his legs after contact. Hillman stops immediately after contact, not to mention can't hold onto the ball in the end zone.

I think the Broncos may be over-rating Hillman due to his speed and thinking that his speed makes him a better fit for our offense in a pass receiving role. I disagree with this as I think, due to our pass heavy offense, we need a RB who can take advantages of a 7 man box and wear down the defense when running the ball.

What do you guys think?...
    Founder of www.NFLDraftBoard.com

I think getting rid of Willis was a horrible mistake.

Comment

I think Hillman looks vastly better than last year. However, if he keeps putting the ball on the ground it won't matter.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Ball > Hillman > Willis

With the holes we were opening tonight, I doubt AP could have done much better.

In truth, Ball security will dictate who plays period. I do think Ball has better vision and seems to have more ability to truck people. There is surely a place for hillman but I don't think its as the starter.

Comment

Willis for vets min please

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
            Willis for vets min please
            Only if it means we cut Lance "I cant" Ball.

Comment

Lance is a luxury a team like the raiders could use.....

Comment

Hillman is fast but terrible ball security.
                Montae isn't as fast, but has better ball security, looks like a better NFL ready RB.

I'm more partial to Ball, I only live 20 miles from were he played his HS Football.
                sigpic
                What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

I think the broncos are dumb for letting go of McGhee , I think they made a mistake of drafting ball over lacy , nothing against ball or anything but from what I've seen lacy has more of an upside , not to mention he's a big tough back who could protect manning

Comment

Originally posted by redneckrocker View Post
                    Hillman is fast but terrible ball security.
                    Montae isn't as fast, but has better ball security, looks like a better NFL ready RB.

I'm more partial to Ball, I only live 20 miles from were he played his HS Football.
                    Hillman missed a few cutbacks that he should've taken. He had a few HUGE holes away from the run plays intended course. Great backs with great vision will take that cutback. Hillman misses them time and time again. Add the bad ball security to it and you've got trouble.

I haven't paid attention to his blocking ability. Anyone know how he sits in that regard?
                    sigpic
                    Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Agreed Indy.

Haven't really seen any of the RBs skills at blocking. Seems like the team is really emphasizing the run in the preseason so far.
                      sigpic
                      What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Is Knowshon hurt again? If he is healthy he needs to be the starter. If not we need to bring Willis back if he is finally healthy. Ball can't pass protect yet, Hillman likes to dance and is more of a change of pace back.
                        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                          Is Knowshon hurt again? If he is healthy he needs to be the starter. If not we need to bring Willis back if he is finally healthy. Ball can't pass protect yet, Hillman likes to dance and is more of a change of pace back.
                          I'll drink to this

Comment

Montee should start.

Not against Moreno starting either.

Comment

Please please please please please pleeeaaase get healthy Knowshon

Comment

Working...
                              X