No announcement yet.

Ronnie Hillman vs. Montee Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hillman is the same today as he was last season.....A little guy with a lil quickness that cant run between the tackles, and cant protect the QB or the ball........ No way can he be our starter if Fox wants to make a SB run. This is definitely Montee's job to win. Hillman is made to be a change of pace type guy...Nothing more
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eliminatrix View Post
      After watching the 2nd pre-season game, I have noticed a dramatic difference between Hillman and Ball. Hillman definitely has more top speed, that can't be denied. However, he doesn't seem to have good vision or instincts as a runner, there were several runs in the first quarter where he had huge cutback lanes but instead ran into traffic.

For what Ball lacks in speed, he makes up for in vision and yards after contact. Ball seems to find the 2/3 yards that is available and is quick to drive his legs after contact. Hillman stops immediately after contact, not to mention can't hold onto the ball in the end zone.

I think the Broncos may be over-rating Hillman due to his speed and thinking that his speed makes him a better fit for our offense in a pass receiving role. I disagree with this as I think, due to our pass heavy offense, we need a RB who can take advantages of a 7 man box and wear down the defense when running the ball.

What do you guys think?...
      I noticed that neither ran behind good blocking. I noticed that Hillman whiffed on just as many holes as Montee Ball did.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
        Hillman is the same today as he was last season.....A little guy with a lil quickness that cant run between the tackles, and cant protect the QB or the ball........ No way can he be our starter if Fox wants to make a SB run. This is definitely Montee's job to win. Hillman is made to be a change of pace type guy...Nothing more
        Hillman is a better pass blocker than Montee....

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
          And Montee is by far a better runner.

He should start, period.

Comment

sorry but no.....
            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              And Montee is by far a better runner.

He should start, period.
              lol based on what? Montee hasn't separated himself in the least from Hillman. You're argument is completely baseless.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                sorry but no.....
                sorry but yes. Hillman has been the better blocker in camp and both preseason games. Clearly, you don't watch or follow. Hillmans greatest improvement has been in pass blocking. That been Balls biggest struggle

Comment

lol based on what? Montee hasn't separated himself in the least from Hillman. You're argument is completely baseless.
                  Montee got darn near the same yards on half the carries. He did'nt put a ball on the ground and didn't get manning killed

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                    Montee got more yards on half the carries. He did'nt put a ball on the ground and didn't get manning killed
                    Hillman didn't get Manning killed, Ball missed quite a few blocks. The one fumble wasn't a fumble, that was a touchdown. Had we not had auditioning refs reviewing plays for 2 seconds at a time they would have made the correct call. As for more yards well where were you last weekend when Montee averaged 1.8 yards per carry? Or all training camp when the guy only had maybe 3 practices the entire camp where he was said to have actually had solid practices and the rest he was stalled repeatedly at the LOS?

Comment

Originally posted by redneckrocker View Post

Haven't really seen any of the RBs skills at blocking. Seems like the team is really emphasizing the run in the preseason so far.
                      I missed several plays due to the HORRIBLE COVERAGE BY THE NFLN that promised to show the whole game.

Anywho......I didn't notice a single playaction. Was there even 1 PA play?

If not, it wouldn't surprise me. Peyton rarely runs them during his preseason drives. He considers the PA the be his best weapon, keeping the various PA looks and sets largely under wraps during the preseason.
                      sigpic
                      Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Hillman didn't get Manning killed, Ball missed quite a few blocks. The one fumble wasn't a fumble, that was a touchdown. Had we not had auditioning refs reviewing plays for 2 seconds at a time they would have made the correct call. As for more yards well where were you last weekend when Montee averaged 1.8 yards per carry? Or all training camp when the guy only had maybe 3 practices the entire camp where he was said to have actually had solid practices and the rest he was stalled repeatedly at the LOS?
                        Doesn't matter. You CANT put the ball on the ground there. You cant rely on the refs to get the call right. You as a player have to execute.

Hillman is on his 2nd year in the same system and we are struggling to determine who is who when they are on the field. That doesn't bode well when the rook looks better in some aspects and similar in others.
                        I dont think hillman is a bust, I think hes being used wrong.

Comment

Yeah NFL Network coverage for the first half sucked!! I was yelling at the TV. Went to commercial during the scoring drive. Didn't show the replay of what happened to Wolfe. Then the guys kept talking over the actual game feed.
                          sigpic
                          What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                            Doesn't matter. You CANT put the ball on the ground there. You cant rely on the refs to get the call right. You as a player have to execute.

Hillman is on his 2nd year in the same system and we are struggling to determine who is who when they are on the field. That doesn't bode well when the rook looks better in some aspects and similar in others.
                            I dont think hillman is a bust, I think hes being used wrong.
                            I think anyone deciding on who the starter is based off of one preseason game is a bit ridiculous. This is the time to make mistakes. As Ball looks better in some aspects, Hillman looks better in some aspects such as pass blocking, hitting the edge, and running routes.

Comment

Maty

It's also the time to evaluate and set a depth chart for week 1
                              sigpic
                              What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

I think anyone deciding on who the starter is based off of one preseason game is a bit ridiculous. This is the time to make mistakes. As Ball looks better in some aspects, Hillman looks better in some aspects.
                                he had 2 fumbles in 85 carries last year.

For comparison sake to other rooks / young guys

Trent Richardson 267 carries, 3 fumbles.
                                Doug Martin 319 carries 1 fumble
                                Lamaar Miller 51 carries 0 fumbles
                                Robert Turbin 85 carriers 0 fumbles
                                David Wilson 71 carries 1 fumble (barely saw the field after that until about 6 weeks later)

Yes, Hillman fumbles way too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X