Ronnie Hillman vs. Montee Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
    He's getting reps and he will get reps but until he is ready he should not tote the rock full time. He should get reps as a 1b back and in 3rd and shorts as well as goal line situations. When he is ready, then he should take over but only when he proves he is ready which he has not.

agreed. neither has Hillman. At this point, I would have to side with the Knowshon faction if I were to pick a starter today. Next week's game should help solidify the lineup.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      agreed. neither has Hillman. At this point, I would have to side with the Knowshon faction if I were to pick a starter today. Next week's game should help solidify the lineup.
      You're not alone in that. However, Moreno hasn't showed more than Hillman at this point in the season with the exception of his performance last year. So if we are going off recent history then yes, Moreno. Which I would tend to agree with. However Moreno has been hurt and is coming off a serious injury so he still needs to prove he is ready to take the load again, which he has not in camp if we are judging based off his reps in camp, his reps in preseason, as well as his placement on the depth chart.

I myself stated a week ago I felt like we were force feeding out young RB's the ball and neglecting Knowshon but I'm deferring to the coaches until I see enough from Moreno to warrant causing a stink over him not being the lead back.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I am glad that Hillman is getting stronger, and I appreciate that he is still a very young player, and will grow in our system. He has speed, but I still want to see better ball control, blocking and ability to beat tacklers one on one. So I would start Knowshon if he's ready, because he is our best overall back until proven otherwise. And if KM's not ready, I'd take a wee bit of risk and go with Montee, because he looks more efficient and powerful than Hillman.

But all three backs can and will contribute this year (possibly all in game one), and that's not a bad thing!
        I agree totally.The more I think about it the more willis mcgahee on a vets min salary makes sense to me.While our two young backs are still growing into their roles I like the idea of willis doing about 40% of those 3.5yd carries throughout the year to keep the other backs fresh come playoff time as they further improve their game throughout the season.Put cj on pup also and let him come back later on in the year.Obviously we would need to release lance ball.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmohar View Post
          I think getting rid of Willis was a horrible mistake.
          Willis the special teamer or Willis McGahee

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
            I agree totally.The more I think about it the more willis mcgahee on a vets min salary makes sense to me.While our two young backs are still growing into their roles I like the idea of willis doing about 40% of those 3.5yd carries throughout the year to keep the other backs fresh come playoff time as they further improve their game throughout the season.Put cj on pup also and let him come back later on in the year.Obviously we would need to release lance ball.
            That sounds about right.From what I have seen CJ Anderson and Moreno seems like our best 2 RBs on the roster.

Comment

If we put CJ on PUP in hopes to bring him back (6 weeks in the minimum before he can come back) then what happens if a crucial player goes down Game 1-8 and we want to stash him on PUP and activate him before the playoffs? I don't think CJ is worthy of that spot yet. If we want to keep him, we keep him. If we want to keep him but don't want to use a roster spot on him, we hope we can get him through to the PS because of his injury and if someone tries to sign him when he's healthy we promote him. If we want to just keep him and put him away till next season we try to PUP him but I don't know if you are able to do that when it's been released that he will be expected back by week 2 of the regular season to the 4th week at the latest

Comment

If we put CJ on PUP in hopes to bring him back (6 weeks in the minimum before he can come back) then what happens if a crucial player goes down Game 1-8 and we want to stash him on PUP and activate him before the playoffs? I don't think CJ is worthy of that spot yet. If we want to keep him, we keep him. If we want to keep him but don't want to use a roster spot on him, we hope we can get him through to the PS because of his injury and if someone tries to sign him when he's healthy we promote him. If we want to just keep him and put him away till next season we try to PUP him but I don't know if you are able to do that when it's been released that he will be expected back by week 2 of the regular season to the 4th week at the latest
                I would just release Ball and give CJ Anderson a roster spot.What have Ball done that CJ Anderson can't do,nothing imo.I have seen enough of Lance Ball to know,he will never be a starter,his ceiling is not that high imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                  I would just release Ball and give CJ Anderson a roster spot.What have Ball done that CJ Anderson can't do,nothing imo.I have seen enough of Lance Ball to know,he will never be a starter,his ceiling is not that high imo.
                  I'm over ball too. Have been for the last 2 years. However, do we keep CJ a spot at the expense of another roster position? As in, do we decide to keep 4 RB's and 1 FB over another position? That's up for debate.

Comment

I'm over ball too. Have been for the last 2 years. However, do we keep CJ a spot at the expense of another roster position? As in, do we decide to keep 4 RB's and 1 FB over another position? That's up for debate.
                    I agree.I guess we have 2 more games to see if any player is worthy of keeping.It will be interesting to see at the end what Elway does about CJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                      I don't think CJ can go on PUP.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I think it's too early to tell.

I also think they will work well together, serving slightly different roles. The run game will pick up mid-to-late season while Peyton carries the load early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                          Correction: Ronnie Hillman looked very good last night. I just rewatched the game. The offensive line was absolutely horrid.

He was making all of the right moves. He had very good vision, good cuts, and good wiggle. He took the ball where there were openings. I spotted a total of one play where I could see someone questioning Hillmans decision in the run game. He took the hand off and the play was directed to the weak side. One player came in unblocked and the other defender had hands on him but had inside leverage. Hillman hesitated and ran into the back of his o-linemen rather than trying to shoot what small gap there was and fight through an arm tackle. One out of 13 carries. So outside of that hesitation, he just needs to work on fumbling. He ran pretty darn well. Someone will have to point out a play where he missed a hole because the one everyone is referencing, rewatch that play. There is a hole to the left where he has no blockers and there is a defender waiting. On his right, he has a huge hole where he has 5 blockers about to initiate contact. Turns out 2 of them completely whiff on their blocks and when Hillman hits the hole he gets stopped for a limited gain. You are taught to follow your blocks. Had two of our offensive linemen (Consistently manny ramirez missed every single block) make contact for a brief second, Hillman is scoring a TD on that play.

For those that want it, I can easily provide photo evidence. Hillman was quite impressive.
                          This is exactly what I saw too, aside from that one play and another where he missed a cut back, he looked much improved from last year...I honestly believe he should be our 1a and Ball be our 1b (ifff he can sure up his pass protection)

Also wish JJ wasn't hurt, he was always impressive in limited reps in 2011

Hillman
                          M Ball
                          Moreno
                          JJ/CJ

imo, and obviously i'd be scanning other teams...how ridiculously good has Lagarrate Blount looked, that whole offense looks amazing still...anyhow...although Blount won't be cut obviously we should be scanning

Comment

• Lolz at people bashing Montee...

And when we drafted Hillman did we have any expectations of him being the premier back anyways?... Nope he's best at the change of pace back
                            Follow me on Twitter
                            @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

• The rotation really should be KM, Montee, Lance Ball, Ronnie. Hillman brings nothing to the table and now also has a fumbling problem. He's fast, but not explosive, lacks vision, can't break tackles. Knowshon is not a physical beast but he has a high football IQ and fights for every yard. That's two high picks that the current regime has had and neither of them are as good as Knowshon.
                              "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
                                Lolz at people bashing Montee...

And when we drafted Hillman did we have any expectations of him being the premier back anyways?... Nope he's best at the change of pace back
                                I have no idea why we drafted Hillman.. Im sure a lot of guys on this board were like.. WHO?

But Ball, I didn't like that pick either, to me he was a product of that Badger offensive line. I was hoping we went after Le'Veon Bell. The kid has taken the first string snaps over at Steelers camp and has impressed Defensive plaeyers with his blocking.. Something we sure as hell can't say Ball has done, at all. Oh well hope for the best with Ball I guess...

I really think Denver should start looking for a RB out there they can bring in, and quick. I don't like our options atm, at all...

Comment

Working...
                                X