X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii007
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawaii007 View Post
    To be fair, it was the Rams defense versus the Seahawks defense. It will be interesting to see how Lacy does this week. Lacy had a 15 yard run for a long, 8 carries for 40 yards, 5 YPC. Ball had a long of 8 yards, 6 carries for 28, 4.7 YPC. Doesn't seem like much of a blowout,
    Edie Lacy, 5 carries, 6 yards for the game. To be fair, Rodgers only played one series, unsure why.
    Just wanted to add perspective on the conversation about Lacy versus Ball.
    Now it will be up to Ball to show what he can do against the Rams.

Leave a comment:

• LightningRodBob
    replied
    The Knowshon fan part of me wants us to give Knowshon the start and let Hillman work in since Montee clearly isn't ready. Knowshon is our most well rounded back and proved himself last year.

The fantasy owner in me wants us to give Hillman the start and 20 touches a game lol

Leave a comment:

• Hawaii007
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Then draft O-lineman instead of RBs. The Packers' O-line stinks, yet Lacy broke a lot of tackles and looked great.
    To be fair, it was the Rams defense versus the Seahawks defense. It will be interesting to see how Lacy does this week. Lacy had a 15 yard run for a long, 8 carries for 40 yards, 5 YPC. Ball had a long of 8 yards, 6 carries for 28, 4.7 YPC. Doesn't seem like much of a blowout,
    Last edited by Hawaii007; 08-21-2013, 03:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by redneckrocker View Post
    Maty

It's also the time to evaluate and set a depth chart for week 1
    I agree but this is also the time where as a RB (or other player) you need to recognize where you fell flat last game and fix it. Hillman has clealry worked on and made very large strides in his Pass block. Where he needs to step it up now in the next two games is vision while running. I think TD said it best on NFLN. Someone other than Ball will likely start earlier in the season but as the season goes on he thinks Ball will slowly take over the starting role. Frankly I think that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
    Again, I will challenge anyone to citing a single play from last night that Hillman messed up on outside of the single play he ran into a linemen because he hesitated, because I will break it down with photo evidence that you are flat out wrong. (Fumbling issues are of course separate from this)
    How dare you bring any kind of knowledge or thoughtful thinking to this knee jerk, not thought through conversation! Hillman is a bust because he was contained by a top 5 rush defense! Lol

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
    I think the cutback play is up for debate. I think it could go either way. Look at what he see's just after he gets the handoff. It's easy to speculate from a birds eye view camera but it's pretty clear the play is to the right. Players get benched for cutting it back too early and in Hillmans POV he see's 7 blockers to his right and only two engaged.Beadles loses inside leverage and that's all she wrote. Beadles struggled last year with the same thing.

That's a very good point...well done

Leave a comment:

• Hjorimir
    replied
    Originally posted by swess93 View Post
    1st off welcome to the boards and nice find. College stats don't necessarily translate to the NFL always but it is a good comparison.
    I agree, but if anything NFL defenders will do a better job at stripping the ball from a runner than college defenders will. It's not a sexy stat, by any stretch of the imagination, but it's one that coaches, gms, and owners care an awful lot about. Montee's ball protection skills are quite impressive.

Leave a comment:

• swess93
    replied
    Originally posted by Hjorimir View Post
    According to this article (http://nflmanniac.blogspot.com/2013/...ning-back.html), Ronnie Hillman fumbles the ball just over four times as often as Montee Ball does.
    1st off welcome to the boards and nice find. College stats don't necessarily translate to the NFL always but it is a good comparison.

Leave a comment:

• Hjorimir
    replied
    According to this article (http://nflmanniac.blogspot.com/2013/...ning-back.html), Ronnie Hillman fumbles the ball just over four times as often as Montee Ball does.

Leave a comment:

• OhBehave30
    replied
    It doesn't look good now but someone will emerge as the guy who gets more carries and as of right now it should either be Knowshon to play it safe or Ball to roll the dice. Starting Hillman at this point does not look like a good move. He's small and not explosive.

I'd give Montee 15 carries vs the Rams and see what he's got with the first team. If he impresses, start him and if not we know what Moreno brings to the table and we won a lot of games with him last year. He can play until Ball learns a little more or just take the job entirely. There's zero reason to panic.

Leave a comment:

• Ehveek03
    replied
    Someone give TD some youth juice we can use him again

Leave a comment:

• Matymaddog
    replied
    Again, I will challenge anyone to citing a single play from last night that Hillman messed up on outside of the single play he ran into a linemen because he hesitated, because I will break it down with photo evidence that you are flat out wrong. (Fumbling issues are of course separate from this)

Leave a comment:

• Matymaddog
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    This is exactly what I saw too, aside from that one play and another where he missed a cut back, he looked much improved from last year...I honestly believe he should be our 1a and Ball be our 1b (ifff he can sure up his pass protection)

Also wish JJ wasn't hurt, he was always impressive in limited reps in 2011

Hillman
    M Ball
    Moreno
    JJ/CJ

imo, and obviously i'd be scanning other teams...how ridiculously good has Lagarrate Blount looked, that whole offense looks amazing still...anyhow...although Blount won't be cut obviously we should be scanning
    I think the cutback play is up for debate. I think it could go either way. Look at what he see's just after he gets the handoff. It's easy to speculate from a birds eye view camera but it's pretty clear the play is to the right. Players get benched for cutting it back too early and in Hillmans POV he see's 7 blockers to his right and only two engaged. Beadles loses inside leverage and that's all she wrote. Beadles struggled last year with the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Matymaddog
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    I don't think CJ can go on PUP.
    I meant IR. Oops

Leave a comment:

• SammyWinder
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    Lolz at people bashing Montee...

And when we drafted Hillman did we have any expectations of him being the premier back anyways?... Nope he's best at the change of pace back
    I have no idea why we drafted Hillman.. Im sure a lot of guys on this board were like.. WHO?

But Ball, I didn't like that pick either, to me he was a product of that Badger offensive line. I was hoping we went after Le'Veon Bell. The kid has taken the first string snaps over at Steelers camp and has impressed Defensive plaeyers with his blocking.. Something we sure as hell can't say Ball has done, at all. Oh well hope for the best with Ball I guess...

I really think Denver should start looking for a RB out there they can bring in, and quick. I don't like our options atm, at all...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X