Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran Backup Needed

Osweiler is just not ready to be the #2

eh, who cares. If we lose manning its not like we are going anywhere anyhow.

When was the last time a backup came in and led a team to a sueprbowl? Rather let Osweiller get the reps and deal with it in the offseason if coaches think hes garbage

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam View Post

When was the last time a backup came in and led a team to a sueprbowl? Rather let Osweiller get the reps and deal with it in the offseason if coaches think hes garbage
      That Tom Brady guy did

Comment

Originally posted by MisterGuinness View Post
        That Tom Brady guy did
        I refuse to try and replicate disney movies.

Comment

Oz would do ok with the starters.

Screwed anyway if he goes down.

Comment

last season. colin kaepernick.
            LETS GO GET EM BOYS

Comment

Kapernick got the 9ers to the superbowl and almost won it

Comment

Tough to make heads or tails of Oz tonight - terrible games with non-refs and Painter as his RT
                Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Oz is fine. If he had the starters, he would look much better. Hard to read defenses when guys are coming in untouched.
                  sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                    Oz is fine. If he had the starters, he would look much better. Hard to read defenses when guys are coming in untouched.
                    OZ played with the 1's.......He was/is terrible. Has NO pocket presence. Doesn't throw the ball down field. And is just to long in the pocket and isnt aware enough of defenders.....Right now if he plays the only teams he beats are the bottom feeders in this league
                    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Kaepernick last year!!

Kurt Warner
                      Tom Brady
                      sigpic
                      What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Originally posted by redneckrocker View Post
                        Kaepernick last year!!

Kurt Warner
                        Tom Brady
                        Brady being the only winner.

Are you seriously telling me that getting a vet backup like Kyle Orton or Charlie Batch is gonna take us to the promised land?

Brady, Kaep etc... were all draft picks working in the system. When they got the chance, they took it and ran. They are the exception, not the rule. For every brady there are 50 jamarcus russell's.

I would rather take my chances with Brock

Comment

When Oz had time he forced throws and made a couple terrible decisions. I have made my opinion of him perfectly clear in the past and will not get into it again, I have just seen nothing since then to change that opinion

But the phrase "veteran backup needed" could be said for just about every position short of corner and receiver.

Comment

Of course if we lose Manning for the year we're probably screwed, but what about if it's just couple games? I'd much rather have a guy like Bubby Brister in '98 who could come in and still win a few games, than a guy like Chris Simms who will singlehandedly lose games.

Comment

To what end?

We have a 2nd round pick invested in Os. Lets at least give him the chance. Rodgers sat for like 4 years before he saw the field. PAtience. Physically gifted QBs are going to develop faster than pocket passes.

Comment

Working...
                              X