Why the knee jerk reactions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tat2matt View Post
    Don't you people know that this is just the dramatic crap that championship teams have to go through so that when the after season documentary is made the narrator can use his disheartened voice to say things like: "It looked like all hope was lost..." or "Any hopes of getting to the Super Bowl seemed to be slipping through their hands like a RB through a 3rd string lineman's arm-tackle..."? Then things go well and the narrator gets to say stuff like: "Then (pause for effect) fortunes turned..." or "From the pile of manure that had been their pre-season sprouted the most beautiful orange and blue flower that grew into a voracious man-eating monster like in Little Shop of Horrors...". It's basic story-writing.
    Great job tat2matt. Absolutely loved your story. Please continue!
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• I just hope this Miller episode isnt weighing heavily on the teams psychie as much as it is on the fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
        We live or die on Peyton's arm, and a fresh Von at week 7ish or earlier sounds awesome.
        Let's hope Von can stay out of trouble long enough to be eligible to play in week 7.........

Comment

• Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
          I just hope this Miller episode isnt weighing heavily on the teams psychie as much as it is on the fans.
          I doubt it is, because unlike everyone here, the other players are paid to go out and handle business on the field. Having Von makes their jobs easier at times, but not having him doesn't change that they have to go out and try to win games. Any time you lose one of your best, it sucks, but it doesn't mean you just give up.

Comment

• Great post, and I agree. The arrogance around here is sickening because it gives us a bad rep. The whole "the world is falling" is sickening because we have to read it all over and over..

How about just waiting things out? Von missing 6 games hurts, but the he'll be back for 10 more is very true. He'll be healthier and less tread on the tires for this season. If anything he'll be a trump card. Champ is getting up there in his years, we are going to have to face the future eventually. It's time for our younger boys to step up. Next man up!

Plus we still have #18, leading the way with our new 3 amigos! #88, #87, and #83.... Anything is possible with what we have.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong, I'm critical of a couple of moves and things I've seen, but I'm not freaking out like so many people. Everyone wrote the Patriots off a couple of weeks ago and now after a good preseason game, they're the top of the AFC again. Let's just wait until the season starts. Von's absence is going to hurt a little bit, but at the same time, we now get to feature Phillips and hopefully Q Smith. Getting these guys reps and confidence hopefully helps when Von comes back.

Comment

• Well, the team is supporting him, Manning is supporting him and Manning basically said that he knows the media wants their breaking news and their breaking tweets, but basically he's our team mate and we are not folding up as much as the media wants us to. Good enough for me.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• The Broncos had games like this last one during the regular season last year and they finished 13-3. The only reason the scoreboard didn't get any closer was because Peyton didn't play the entire game.

They will be fine.

Comment

• But seriously, who can keep up with the points were going to score on offense on offense during the regular season?

NE?
                    Houston?

Factor in are special teams giving us great field position, is averaging 38-40 pts a game really out of the question this year?

11 wins minimum this year
                    Last edited by rst08tierney; 08-20-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                      But seriously, who can keep up with the points were going to score on offense on are REGULAR season schedule?

NE?
                      Houston?

Factor in are special teams giving us great field position, is averaging 38-40 pts a game really out of the question this year?

11 wins minimum this year
                      With the D you guys have (especially without Von Miller) I wouldn't be so sure that teams can't outscore you. Even with Miller, it's just not a D that instills fear in top offenses.

Comment

• Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
                        With the D you guys have (especially without Von Miller) I wouldn't be so sure that teams can't outscore you. Even with Miller, it's just not a D that instills fear in top offenses.
                        I didn't realize you were playing on an NFL offense

Comment

• Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
                          ahhh........you missed the point of the post. Let me slow it down

Who offensively on the broncos schedule can put up more then 30 pts a game?

I don't care if the broncos are ranked 32nd in the league giving up 28pts a game, who can score more then 30 on the schedule?
                          Last edited by rst08tierney; 08-20-2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                            I didn't realize you were playing on an NFL offense
                            I haven't said anything that a lot of other people haven't already said. There is a lot of concern about the Denver D. You guys will probably have the #1 offense. But I wouldn't be surprised if your D is 15-20th or worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                              ahhh........you missed the point of the post. Let me slow it down

Who offensively on the broncos schedule can put up more then 30 pts a game?

I don't care if the broncos are ranked 32nd in the league giving up 28pts a game, who can score more then 30 on the schedule?
                              Looking at the schedule I'd say that the following teams have the potential to put up 30 points on that D:

Philly (Chip Kelly run offense should be pretty dynamic this year), Dallas, NYG, Washington, NE, Houston. Maybe Baltimore.

Comment

• This is nothing compared to what we've been through.

Remember this?

Comment

Working...
                                X