Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ>NFL
    replied
    Check my post history. I'm not knee jerking anything. I told you all this is a flawed team since the NFL draft.

Last year was our best shot and we blew it. Deal with it.

Leave a comment:

• Rkemper20
    replied
    Originally posted by swess93 View Post
    Reminds me of last season when we started off 2-3. Everyone on here was giving up on us except for about 5-10% of this board.
    Yea that was a very funny time here on these boards.
    Last edited by Rkemper20; 08-18-2013, 01:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Everybody is going nuts over this game, Seattle fans think it means they will win the Super Bowl.
    Them and some of the fans on this site forget how pointless preseason is. The teams don't even run the plays from the playbook their using for the season. Pretty much practice game plays vs another team. It's all vanilla.

Like the OP said with the cars. We didn't show up trying to play like it matter.

The only concern for me is the injuries. Pete Carroll plays preseason games like they are real games. He knows other teams don't, so he has a better chance of winning, which feeds his huge ego. So though we didn't play like it matter, Seattle did play like it matter.
    Some teams play vanilla, San Fran and Seattle do not however, at least not against us. I'm sure that wasn't there full arsenal of plays, but they definitely weren't vanilla. People worry about our run defense, they shouldn't be, once JDR starts blitzing, the run game will be shut down. This is the same thing that happened last preseason. Mike Adams was blitzed quite often last year, we haven't Ihenacho come after the QB once yet and I can't wait for the regular season when he is blitzing the QB. I'm thinking he can get more sacks than Roman Harper did a few years back.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    I usually love to make "knee jerk" reaction post and threads myself, but normally during reg season. Only thing of note was turnovers (all ball security issues) and what seemed like a different level of intensity as compare to SEA. It appeared that they were coming out swinging like it was Sept and we wanted to just go thru motions and leave the game unscathed. That seemed to backfire as we left a bit dinged up.

But moving forward, I hope the ball security issues Hillman has exhibited don't become a big issue. As good a McGahee was for us, he put the ball on the ground in some major spots that really hurt. And it would suck to have Hillman be v2.0 of that.

Leave a comment:

• swess93
    replied
    Originally posted by Ehveek03 View Post
    Who was that who took him down ?
    Pretty sure it was Wesley Woodyard

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Fair but Clady was out and with him in, it changes how you pass protect. Can slide a TE to Franklins side in that scenario.

Yeah, Center looked to be a huge concern. Even though I'm against, would try Kuper at C when he's ready.
    Looks like Kuper is in the mix. It's good to have three who can play Center.

Leave a comment:

• Rkemper20
    replied
    I just got off the phone with my cousin and he was telling me we have a ton to be worried about and I started laughing and said you know its only week 2 of preseason right.

Leave a comment:

• Ehveek03
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Check out what happened the first time we blitzed...

Who was that who took him down ?

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
    The tackles were actually poor in giving manning time. He created time and got the ball out like the great QB he is.
    Manning made the OL look okay

Manram and Lilja but had bad performances as well
    Fair but Clady was out and with him in, it changes how you pass protect. Can slide a TE to Franklins side in that scenario.

Yeah, Center looked to be a huge concern. Even though I'm against, would try Kuper at C when he's ready.

Leave a comment:

• Matymaddog
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    It's football season, panic mode after everything.

Only concerned with the injuries especially to Wolfe/Champ.

That may be the toughest defense we will see all year and the offense moved up and down the field with ease. OL gave Manning plenty of time to throw.

Running game was meh but Sea has a really good Front 7.

Defense is a little concerning, mainly pass rush but it was a vanilla defense.
    The tackles were actually poor in giving manning time. He created time and got the ball out like the great QB he is.
    Manning made the OL look okay

Manram and Lilja but had bad performances as well
    Last edited by Matymaddog; 08-18-2013, 11:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Check out what happened the first time we blitzed...

Leave a comment:

• Ehveek03
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Get home. Regroup. Watch video. Fix what's wrong. Prepare for the next game. No time for hysteria. Step away from the panic button.
    Exactly back to the drawing boards fix the mistakes come out again and do work. Boom Super Bowl lol

Leave a comment:

• swess93
    replied
    Reminds me of last season when we started off 2-3. Everyone on here was giving up on us except for about 5-10% of this board.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    "Knee Jerking".......it's the go to reaction of anyone who can't stand being behind at any point, or even (imagine this!!) losing a game along the way.

There's only one game that you specifically don't want to lose.....the last one!

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    There's nothing to worry about based on a pre-season game. The same people who know this before the first pre-season game tend to be among the first to freak out after a pre-season game.

Champ's injury is concerning, but we don't know everything yet.

The others are all minor and won't affect the season.

The mistakes young players are making are THANKFULLY happening in pre-season. Show me a team that doesn't have this problem right now, and I'll show you people who are only watching Broncos games.

Even the appearance of being banged up is being overblown, and again, at least it's happening now and not later. The Broncos won't have troubles making the playoffs. Getting healthy at the right time is all that matters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X