Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    This is like your opinion man.
    One of my all time favorite movies! The Dude abides.

Comment

• We can't quantify how much we missed Nolan vs. how much we missed Doom. The only way to do that would have been to have Nolan coach the team that ended up 32nd in the league. I'm pretty certain that he couldn't have coached that team into the top 10 again. Low 20s maybe. But again, this is all guesswork.

Von is a much, much better player than Doom and his impact is felt in the run and pass game. He is in the discussion as the best defensive player in the league. That means he's much less replaceable than Doom was and the hole left will be much bigger for the weeks that he is out. And since I don't accept the notion that we're so much more talented than the '09 team, that means that losing Von will hurt us more than hurting Doom hurt us back then (even with the Nolan factor).
      "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

• I can tell what most of you all were saying when we were losing in the first half of last seasons Charger game...
        All in for Siemian!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomax View Post
          That's not what people were saying in the middle of '09. They were in beast mode. Nobody would have guessed that they would fail the next year so hard. We were not star-studded but we had 3 pro-bowl players in Champ, Dawk and Doom. Exactly 3 more than we have this year without Von.

3 years from now people could be saying the same thing about this team because the list you just gave me is not impressive or even known aside from DRC outside of Broncos Country.

Also your list is no good. I'll give you Chris Harris and DRC. Knighton is not good. Irving couldn't beat out Bradley, Trevathan is undersized. Neither Moore nor Duke are as good as Dawkins. And Wolfe is nothing special. I'll take it a step further. If you put Miller on that defense they are probably #1 in the league that year.
          Some of you guys are loons man. Knighton is just as good if not better then jwall was in 09, Irving didnt lose his spot to bradley(obviously) he was moved to the strong side to replace Von miller, trevathan was one of our better linebackers last year and has the potential to be one of the best linebackers in the league (6'1 isn't close to being undersized and is actually a average height for a linebacker) and at this point I would take Moore or duke over the shadow of his former self that Dawkins was his last couple years. Of course Wolfe isn't special, he's not the flashy guy or the loud guy or the popular draft pick but was a very good pressure guy as a DT and was one of the best run defenders at DE in the league last year.

I see it more everyday it seems like, some fans spend way too much time looking at a players flashy stats or how they weren't the player they wanted on draft day so automatically don't like them. Von miller didnt get us to the number 2 defense in the league, the 25 defenders that we carried last year did.
          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomax View Post
            We can't quantify how much we missed Nolan vs. how much we missed Doom. The only way to do that would have been to have Nolan coach the team that ended up 32nd in the league. I'm pretty certain that he couldn't have coached that team into the top 10 again. Low 20s maybe. But again, this is all guesswork.

Von is a much, much better player than Doom and his impact is felt in the run and pass game. He is in the discussion as the best defensive player in the league. That means he's much less replaceable than Doom was and the hole left will be much bigger for the weeks that he is out. And since I don't accept the notion that we're so much more talented than the '09 team, that means that losing Von will hurt us more than hurting Doom hurt us back then (even with the Nolan factor).
            You've already given up which is obvious and you believe we're one of the least talented teams in the league which also makes it obvious you don't realize that football is a team sport. No one player makes a team
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by crash123go View Post
              Some of you guys are loons man. Knighton is just as good if not better then jwall was in 09, Irving didnt lose his spot to bradley(obviously) he was moved to the strong side to replace Von miller, trevathan was one of our better linebackers last year and has the potential to be one of the best linebackers in the league (6'1 isn't close to being undersized and is actually a average height for a linebacker) and at this point I would take Moore or duke over the shadow of his former self that Dawkins was his last couple years. Of course Wolfe isn't special, he's not the flashy guy or the loud guy or the popular draft pick but was a very good pressure guy as a DT and was one of the best run defenders at DE in the league last year.

I see it more everyday it seems like, some fans spend way too much time looking at a players flashy stats or how they weren't the player they wanted on draft day so automatically don't like them. Von miller didnt get us to the number 2 defense in the league, the 25 defenders that we carried last year did.
              Knighton has not been good at all in camp or games. I don't know what you're looking at. He gives us nothing in the pass game and he gets worked in the run game. If he was so good Jacksonville would have resigned him.

Von has been practicing and playing with the 1s all camp and in games. All of the local media has been commenting on how odd that is considering the circumstances. Irving could have been with the 1s at Mike instead of Bradley who is awful. That was clearly his competition in camp.

By the way, height is not the only way to be undersized, just so you know. Trevathan is a 230lb nickel LB.

And that you think Dawkins was a "shadow of his former self" tells me you don't pay attention. Clearly the people who voted him to the pro bowl didn't agree on that point. Duke is a UDFA who has exactly 0 games under his belt (did i really have to point this out???) and Rahim will forever be known for "the play". Please go find a play like that on Dawkins' resume. You wont, because he is a better safety right now in retirement than Rahim is.

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
              You've already given up which is obvious and you believe we're one of the least talented teams in the league which also makes it obvious you don't realize that football is a team sport. No one player makes a team
              Ridiculous. I'm not arguing that our players suck (well, Knighton does), but by arguing that we are so amazingly talented, you are forcing me to point out how unfounded that is. I like Irving and Trevathan. Wolfe is solid but unspectacular. Malik Jackson shows flashes. We all like Duke's playmaking ability. But quit acting like we are stacked with probowlers like the Niners.
              Last edited by Lomax; 08-22-2013, 06:31 AM.
              "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X