No announcement yet.

Why the knee jerk reactions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get home. Regroup. Watch video. Fix what's wrong. Prepare for the next game. No time for hysteria. Step away from the panic button.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

"I see serious problems!"

Then you don't know what you are looking at.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Get home. Regroup. Watch video. Fix what's wrong. Prepare for the next game. No time for hysteria. Step away from the panic button.
        I'm in agreement with ya Sam. We have a talented team filled with young talent. Young talent makes mistakes and learns from it. It's that simple. I'd still be interested in your take on offensive line depth though? If there "is" a worrisome aspect to what we are seeing in preseason it appears to be the 2nd team o-line struggling repeatedly against 2nd team defensive lines. Do you agree or am I off base in my assessment?

Comment

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
          I'm in agreement with ya Sam. We have a talented team filled with young talent. Young talent makes mistakes and learns from it. It's that simple. I'd still be interested in your take on offensive line depth though? If there "is" a worrisome aspect to what we are seeing in preseason it appears to be the 2nd team o-line struggling repeatedly against 2nd team defensive lines. Do you agree or am I off base in my assessment?
          Honestly, every team has bad offensive OL depth.

It's just not a position you can find quality backups at without spending high picks.

I see concerns, yes but nothing that can't be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by spcdlee02 View Post
            I've been reading post after post in thread after thread. Some people are already throwing in the towel and we haven't even started the season.
            Player (insert any name here) is trash, Elway isn't building a team right blah blah blah.
            Listen, we are coming of a great season. A season like we haven't seen in a very long time. All these mistakes are correctable and correcting them in the preaseason is the idea.
            This team has gotten younger and we have a lot of new pieces. Those pieces will find their places and we will be great. Mark my words. The talent is there.
            My son had his first football game for the year this past Friday. It was only a tune up scrimmage. What I noticed is that we played a VERY vanilla game, on both sides of the ball. Defense, which he plays a 5 tech, played a base goalline the entire game to counter the read option. The offense played simple running plays, simple sweeps and traps. My point is, we have a Ferrari for an offense, we are showing up in a Chevette (for those that remember those cars!!) which I'm with. Same with defense. We aren't showing anything except a base look. When the season starts, we will unleash the beast.
            So stop worrying people. We will be fine.
            :thumb:

Good post.
            Team Broncos!
            2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
              I had trouble with recording the game and watching it in its entirety. Did Clady play? I'm guessing he didn't. Vasquez left banged up, but I hear he'll be back. I hear first team O did well.

Starting five should be Clady, Beadles, Manny/Lilja, Vasquez and Franklin.

You don't see whole second string O-lines during the season because they don't exist. Rosters don't have ten OL. There are usually a couple on PS for practice/scout team.

So, the question becomes how a backup offensive lineman gels with the starters when one of the top five goes down. Backups are still battling for roster spots, but I expect them to include Manny/Lilja, Kuper, Clark and (?)

OL depth is good. Vasquez slides to RT. LT is iffy. Shuffle the best five into their best spots. If one goes down, bring in # 6 and reshufflr, if necessary.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

There's nothing to worry about based on a pre-season game. The same people who know this before the first pre-season game tend to be among the first to freak out after a pre-season game.

Champ's injury is concerning, but we don't know everything yet.

The others are all minor and won't affect the season.

The mistakes young players are making are THANKFULLY happening in pre-season. Show me a team that doesn't have this problem right now, and I'll show you people who are only watching Broncos games.

Even the appearance of being banged up is being overblown, and again, at least it's happening now and not later. The Broncos won't have troubles making the playoffs. Getting healthy at the right time is all that matters.

Comment

"Knee Jerking".......it's the go to reaction of anyone who can't stand being behind at any point, or even (imagine this!!) losing a game along the way.

There's only one game that you specifically don't want to lose.....the last one!

Comment

Reminds me of last season when we started off 2-3. Everyone on here was giving up on us except for about 5-10% of this board.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      Exactly back to the drawing boards fix the mistakes come out again and do work. Boom Super Bowl lol

Comment

Check out what happened the first time we blitzed...

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          It's football season, panic mode after everything.

Only concerned with the injuries especially to Wolfe/Champ.

That may be the toughest defense we will see all year and the offense moved up and down the field with ease. OL gave Manning plenty of time to throw.

Running game was meh but Sea has a really good Front 7.

Defense is a little concerning, mainly pass rush but it was a vanilla defense.
                          The tackles were actually poor in giving manning time. He created time and got the ball out like the great QB he is.
                          Manning made the OL look okay

Manram and Lilja but had bad performances as well
                          Last edited by Matymaddog; 08-18-2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                            The tackles were actually poor in giving manning time. He created time and got the ball out like the great QB he is.
                            Manning made the OL look okay

Manram and Lilja but had bad performances as well
                            Fair but Clady was out and with him in, it changes how you pass protect. Can slide a TE to Franklins side in that scenario.

Yeah, Center looked to be a huge concern. Even though I'm against, would try Kuper at C when he's ready.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              Check out what happened the first time we blitzed...

Who was that who took him down ?

Comment

I just got off the phone with my cousin and he was telling me we have a ton to be worried about and I started laughing and said you know its only week 2 of preseason right.

Comment

Working...
                                X