• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash123go
    replied
    Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    This.

The Broncos will get a top ten pick the moment Peyton steps off the field for the Broncos.
    No way. We got into the 20s with Tim tebow at QB, we won't revert past that with osweiler

Leave a comment:

• Lomax
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    your forgetting the biggest part of your story

in 09 we had one of the best Dcs in the game in mike Nolan

in 2010 we had don martindale

a considerable dropoff
    I'm not denying that. But I also remember that we were completely unable to pressure opposing QBs with or without the blitz. It was the most glaring difference from '09 to '10.

Leave a comment:

• RandomVariable
    replied
    Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
    Look like a fool??

It is FACT that the patriots havent won a super bowl since spygate, and its been nearly a decade since they have won one.

Be as insulting to me as you like, it is STILL a FACT. And no amount of twist and spin, is going to change that.

So be as condescending and rude to me as you like.....

Because those are still......facts
    I never denied that. I was addressing the insinuation that spygate had anything to do with the success of the organization. People with inside knowledge of the situation know better.

So then why choose an arbitrary point in time after which the Pats haven't won a SB? I can do that too. Peyton Manning hasn't won a SB after Dungy left the Colts. The Denver Broncos haven't won a SB since Elway's retirement.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
    Spygate: this had absolutely nothing to do with any success we've had. This is something fans/players of teams who haven't experienced any success who are jealous/envious claim.

***After footage from the actual tape was aired on Fox NFL Sunday on September 16, former Dallas Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson claimed, "This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us." Johnson also said, "Bill Belichick was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all of the teams saying not to do it. But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches. These players don't know what their coaches are doing. And some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That's why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn't make [Belichick] right, but a lot of teams are doing this."***

***The next day, Belichick issued a statement in which he apologized for what he called a "mistake" in his interpretation of the rules. However, he denied ever using videotape to gain an advantage while a game was underway, which Goodell also acknowledged.***

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_...ng_controversy

Since Spygate, we've had the best record in the league, reached 2 SBs and 3 AFCCG. Fact.

Please educate yourself lest you look like a fool.
    Look like a fool??

It is FACT that the patriots havent won a super bowl since spygate, and its been nearly a decade since they have won one.

Be as insulting to me as you like, it is STILL a FACT. And no amount of twist and spin, is going to change that.

So be as condescending and rude to me as you like.....

Because those are still......facts
    Last edited by MH Stampede; 08-21-2013, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RandomVariable
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    Because Manning had such a great defense to prop him up? nahh Some of his defenses were terrible

I'm not getting into this argument I'm just saying - maybe he had some pass rushers - but the defense was horrid
    His D won him the SB. His playoff performance was atrocious that year. 3 TDs, 7 INTs, 70.3 QB rating.

Leave a comment:

• Lomax
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    Different situations, this defense has 3 times as much talent as the 09 team
    That's a strong statement. Who is a special talent on our defense besides Von? And don't forget Champ is out early too. Who are the OCs of the first few teams we play going to lose sleep about on our defense?

Leave a comment:

• broncolassiter
    replied
    The Broncos were favored to represent the AFC in the championship. Now if we can not handle a little adversity, then we were never contenders to begin with. Name one Superbowl winner that did not have a little adversity along the way. We will be OK.

Leave a comment:

• orangecrushtime
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    in 09 we had one of the best Dcs in the game in mike Nolan

in 2010 we had don martindale

a considerable dropoff
    We are also MUCH deeper and drafted defensive players much higher than in 2010 (although that was a very good draft for us).

Leave a comment:

• RandomVariable
    replied
    Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
    The patriots, even with Brady, have not won any super bowls since being caught in spygate.

Fact.
    Spygate: this had absolutely nothing to do with any success we've had. This is something fans/players of teams who haven't experienced any success who are jealous/envious claim.

***After footage from the actual tape was aired on Fox NFL Sunday on September 16, former Dallas Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson claimed, "This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us." Johnson also said, "Bill Belichick was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all of the teams saying not to do it. But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches. These players don't know what their coaches are doing. And some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That's why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn't make [Belichick] right, but a lot of teams are doing this."***

***The next day, Belichick issued a statement in which he apologized for what he called a "mistake" in his interpretation of the rules. However, he denied ever using videotape to gain an advantage while a game was underway, which Goodell also acknowledged.***

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_...ng_controversy

Since Spygate, we've had the best record in the league, reached 2 SBs and 3 AFCCG. Fact.

Please educate yourself lest you look like a fool.

Leave a comment:

• PunchDrunk
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    I'll make this simple for you. We'll be fine as long as Manning is QB. If that changes - we won't be.
    This.

The Broncos will get a top ten pick the moment Peyton steps off the field for the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
    No one is denying that the early 2000s Patriots had a top notch D and a very good overall team. However, to say that Brady did very little underscores either your ignorance, jealousy, or incredible pro-Manning bias. Or maybe a combination of all three. Without Brady's final minute drives that resulted in FGs, we most likely don't win those games.

What I mean by saying that he did more with less is strictly in the passing game. Peyton has always been surrounded by top receiving talent. His OL haven't been as solid as Brady's, but they weren't bad by any means. When Brady finally played with a HOF calibre WR he completely rewrote the record books. Most of his career however, was spent throwing to receivers of a much lower calibre. Welker was nothing before he came to NE. Branch was a star in NE but did very little elsewhere. Same with Reche Caldwell. The receivers he won SBs with weren't exactly elite either. He's always put the entire offense on his shoulders to make up for the lack of talent. This resulted in him leading NE to having 5 of the top 11 best offensive seasons in NFL history. Just let that sink in for a minute.

As far as postseason play, even if we ignore the stats and the W/L record (which is heavily skewed towards Brady) there is a noticeable drop off in Manning's play from regular season to postseason. Even the year he won the SB he had a terrible TD/INT ratio with 3 TDs and 7 INTs and had a 70.5 QB rating. The D played a huge role in winning him that championship. Conversely, there is no such drop off for Brady. Brady led a team with the worst defense in the league (they were literally 31st or 32nd in the league) to the SB a couple of years ago and came up only 4 points shy, and probably could have won if it wasn't for the numerous easy drops. He set a record for most consecutive completions in the SB in that game. The game you're referring to last year was definitely not one of Brady's best. However, he was up against a very hot defense. The key 3rd down drop by Welker and then by Lloyd later in the game didn't help. It was no worse than Manning's showings against the Patriots in the early 2000s.
    The patriots, even with Brady, have not won any super bowls since being caught in spygate.

Fact.

Leave a comment:

• utebroncofan
    replied
    My point was with Peyton you are usually up in games by a couple of scores in the second half which takes away much of the opponents running attack.Makes it easier when you don't have worry about the opponents rushing game and just rush 4 and put everbody else into coverage.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Originally posted by utebroncofan View Post
    Probably has to do with Brady having Super Bowl RINGs instead of ring.Manning despite having the most feared pass rushing duo while with Indy could only get the ring once.
    Because Manning had such a great defense to prop him up? nahh Some of his defenses were terrible

I'm not getting into this argument I'm just saying - maybe he had some pass rushers - but the defense was horrid

Leave a comment:

• utebroncofan
    replied
    Probably has to do with Brady having Super Bowl RINGs instead of ring.Manning despite having the most feared pass rushing duo while with Indy could only get the ring once.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Someone convince me we're going to be ok..

I'll make this simple for you. We'll be fine as long as Manning is QB. If that changes - we won't be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X