Why the knee jerk reactions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Fair but Clady was out and with him in, it changes how you pass protect. Can slide a TE to Franklins side in that scenario.

Yeah, Center looked to be a huge concern. Even though I'm against, would try Kuper at C when he's ready.
    Looks like Kuper is in the mix. It's good to have three who can play Center.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Ehveek03 View Post
      Who was that who took him down ?
      Pretty sure it was Wesley Woodyard

Comment

I usually love to make "knee jerk" reaction post and threads myself, but normally during reg season. Only thing of note was turnovers (all ball security issues) and what seemed like a different level of intensity as compare to SEA. It appeared that they were coming out swinging like it was Sept and we wanted to just go thru motions and leave the game unscathed. That seemed to backfire as we left a bit dinged up.

But moving forward, I hope the ball security issues Hillman has exhibited don't become a big issue. As good a McGahee was for us, he put the ball on the ground in some major spots that really hurt. And it would suck to have Hillman be v2.0 of that.
        #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          Everybody is going nuts over this game, Seattle fans think it means they will win the Super Bowl.
          Them and some of the fans on this site forget how pointless preseason is. The teams don't even run the plays from the playbook their using for the season. Pretty much practice game plays vs another team. It's all vanilla.

Like the OP said with the cars. We didn't show up trying to play like it matter.

The only concern for me is the injuries. Pete Carroll plays preseason games like they are real games. He knows other teams don't, so he has a better chance of winning, which feeds his huge ego. So though we didn't play like it matter, Seattle did play like it matter.
          Some teams play vanilla, San Fran and Seattle do not however, at least not against us. I'm sure that wasn't there full arsenal of plays, but they definitely weren't vanilla. People worry about our run defense, they shouldn't be, once JDR starts blitzing, the run game will be shut down. This is the same thing that happened last preseason. Mike Adams was blitzed quite often last year, we haven't Ihenacho come after the QB once yet and I can't wait for the regular season when he is blitzing the QB. I'm thinking he can get more sacks than Roman Harper did a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by swess93 View Post
            Reminds me of last season when we started off 2-3. Everyone on here was giving up on us except for about 5-10% of this board.
            Yea that was a very funny time here on these boards.
            Last edited by Rkemper20; 08-18-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Check my post history. I'm not knee jerking anything. I told you all this is a flawed team since the NFL draft.

Last year was our best shot and we blew it. Deal with it.
              -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

I literally don't care about the result of last nights game. It's pre-season and it doesn't affect the team at all in terms of standings or playoffs.

I DO care about the injury situation though.
                All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                  Check my post history. I'm not knee jerking anything. I told you all this is a flawed team since the NFL draft.

Every team has flaws. How was last year our best shot when we have done nothing but improve?

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post

How was last year our best chance when this year we have pretty much the same team minus doom and plus welker?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
                      I literally don't care about the result of last nights game. It's pre-season and it doesn't affect the team at all in terms of standings or playoffs.

I DO care about the injury situation though.
                      Champ, Wes, Vasquez, and Wolfe all look like they should be able to play in week 1 against Baltimore if everything goes as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
                        How was last year our best chance when this year we have pretty much the same team minus doom and plus welker?
                        We also gained DRC, Montee Ball, Vasquez, Terrance Knighton, Shaun Philips and a few more players as well. We did lose Tracy Porter who rarely played though and Brandon Stokely and Willis McGahee. But one thing to account for is the improvement that several of our players have made this season. We are definitely better this year imo.

Comment

Originally posted by swess93 View Post
                          We also gained DRC, Montee Ball, Vasquez, Terrance Knighton, Shaun Philips and a few more players as well. We did lose Tracy Porter who rarely played though and Brandon Stokely and Willis McGahee. But one thing to account for is the improvement that several of our players have made this season. We are definitely better this year imo.
                          Plus if Julius Thomas plays well and Duke Ihenacho continues to improve then we'll have two more talented dudes in the starting line-up!
                          All in for Siemian!

Comment

Let me just say this about Preseason Knee Jerk reactions. In 2008 the Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the Preseason. Then went 0-16 in the regular season. Preseason is to work out problems and find a rhythm. We will be just fine.

Comment

Ihenacho missed a couple of plays yesterday. I'm not concerned about it, but he finally showed some holes in his game.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                                Ihenacho missed a couple of plays yesterday. I'm not concerned about it, but he finally showed some holes in his game.
                                He had some holes in his game the game last week. On one play the entire play went to the left (strong side), not a single key signaled the play was to the right and he ran 10 yards to the right and was by himself in the middle of nowhere. Luckily, Bradley caught up to the play and limited it from scoring a touchdown

Comment

Working...
                                X