Why the knee jerk reactions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
    He had some holes in his game the game last week. On one play the entire play went to the right, not a single key signaled the play was to the left and he ran 10 yards to the left and was by himself in the middle of nowhere. Luckily, Bradley caught up to the play and limited it from scoring a touchdown
    The biggest one I saw last night was him over running the play all the way outside of the tackle and then finally recognizing that the ball was coming off guard.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      The biggest one I saw last night was him over running the play all the way outside of the tackle and then finally recognizing that the ball was coming off guard.
      I don't really expect him to be perfect. Now is the time to make those mistakes because he can't be making bad reads like that in the regular season. Always some growing pains

Comment

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70862

Read the very first post on the Seattle Seahawks message board about last night. Very fair and comprehensive. The poster actually describes everything we did well and things we didn't as well as his own team. He even says what Mark Schlereth said after the game, no need to panic, our 1st offense went up and down the field at will, and recognizes that if Clady were in the game it would have been harder for them.

Extremely fair and balanced and totally puts the whole game in perspective. Well worth the read. Also talks about the horrible refs, the injury to Wolfe, and that Seattle shouldn't really be thinking too highly of themselves because if they play us later, totally different story.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Since football is coached and played by humans, weird things happen. Unpredictable outcomes occur regularly. Players are not quantifiable units whose sum determines victory or defeat. Sometimes one team looks like it is playing at one speed and the other several notches faster. Going to Seattle was a good test and a dose of humility which can be used to refocus.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by swess93 View Post
            Every team has flaws. How was last year our best shot when we have done nothing but improve?
            Adding names through FA isn't improving. NFL fans fall for the same tricks every year.
            -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
              Adding names through FA isn't improving. NFL fans fall for the same tricks every year.
              DT are better, wr are better, offensive line is better, safeties are better, corners are better, TE is better. What exactly are we not better at then last year?
              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                DT are better, wr are better, offensive line is better, safeties are better, corners are better, TE is better. What exactly are we not better at then last year?
                The DTS are mediocre, just like last year, the safeties are mediocre, but with more game exp, the WRs are still average players outside of Welker.

We still can't run the ball when we need to and we still can't rush the passer outside of Von. That won't cut I in January
                -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                  How can't you improve from adding players through FA? You're telling me we didn't improve when we signed Peyton Manning through FA?

Comment

Someone convince me we're going to be ok..

I'm feeling a little weary. I almost wish they'd do away with preseason altogether. It's been a disaster thus far and after Saturday I'm scratching my head trying to find something positive to say right now..

Comment

Originally posted by DT88 View Post
                      I'm feeling a little weary. I almost wish they'd do away with preseason altogether. It's been a disaster thus far and after Saturday I'm scratching my head trying to find something positive to say right now..

You want somebody to feed you BS and wishful thinking ?
                      Just wait for the games to play out.

The positive is you get to watch broncos games .. Win or lose that's always a positive .

Comment

The Good:

Derek Wolfe looks to be ok
                        Julius Thomas looks good other than the fumble
                        Offense overall looks good, sans the running game

The Bad:

Ronnie Hillman is not an NFL starting running back, and our coaching staff seems to think he is
                        CJ Anderson might have been our best running back, which is crazy
                        Montee Ball won't be ready until late in the season, if at all until next season
                        Overall, our running game is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by preludezen View Post
                          The Good:

The Bad:

Ronnie Hillman is not an NFL starting running back, and our coaching staff seems to think he is
                          Montee Ball won't be ready until late in the season, if at all until next season
                          I think a lot of it has to do with our line. I wasn't impressed on Saturday. I may have been looking too much into it and putting too much emphasis on the line/cutting our backs too much of a break, but it wasn't pretty.

Our D looked atrocious and our corners looked pretty rough around the edges. Going to suck without Von. I'm really hoping we step up and fill the voids, but in my mind all off season this was supposed to be a fairy tale season (and it might still be, don't get me wrong), but it sure as hell is starting out a lot differently than I had in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                            You want somebody to feed you BS and wishful thinking ?
                            Just wait for the games to play out.

The positive is you get to watch broncos games .. Win or lose that's always a positive .
                            Pretty much...heh

Comment

Originally posted by preludezen View Post
                              The Good:

The Bad:

and don't forget the Ugly:
                              Von Miller (Vonnie Football now facing at least 6-game suspension) :brick:

Comment

i just think you can't read in to much on these pre-season games. The starter team is not out there the whole time and they are not playing the pre-season to win. they are playing the pre-season to evaluate talent. And, they are realizing they need some adjustments to make before the real season begins

Comment

Working...
                                X