X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58_VONDOOM_92
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Lets ask a question that I don't understand. Now that Von is out, the majority of the sports media is talking like we don't have a chance anymore.

They are saying that Peyton can't possibly carry the load and overcome all this, yet they say that Tom Brady can overcome all that they have lost. They are saying Tom Brady is going to show everyone this year that he can do anything with anyone, but Peyton can't overcome the loss of some if our players. Why is that?

I know that Jaws and Rich Eisen don't believe this, but the majority of others do. What do they see? Why is TB always viewed as the savior and Peyton viewed in a more negative light. I know it may have something to do with the playoff issue, but Brady hasn't been all that great in playoffs in recent years either. I just don't understand this.
    Don't listen to those talking heads it will just get you worked up. Most of them don't know what they are talking about.

What people don't realise is Von will be back by week 7 and most the team will be healthy to make our run.

Our offense is still top 5 and deadly. I guess the talking heads forget about that also.

Just let it play out and see what happens but I think we will weather the storm for those 6 games and we will be alright.

Leave a comment:

• Jay2Javon4life
    replied
    I still have us going 13-3 and 12-4 at worst. I loved watching espn yesterday only to hear about how the sky is falling on the Broncos. The AFC isn't some over the top powerhouse at the moment and while there are some very good teams in it, I still think we are in the upper region. I have us losing the first 2 games, and don't flame me for that, then losing only 1 game the rest of the year. I actually like the Ravens team more this year than last year minus the loss of Anquan. The giants are so hot and cold they have the ability to light it up or fall flat on their face, but they still are very talented and I could see us dropping that game before we go on a heater.

I think the overall bigger concern for me is that we now lead the NFL in suspensions and arrests over the last few seasons. Even if they are considered minor issues and not rape or murder it is still concerning. The grown men that are employed by the team need to collectively get their lives together, that includes front office employees.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Lets ask a question that I don't understand. Now that Von is out, the majority of the sports media is talking like we don't have a chance anymore.

They are saying that Peyton can't possibly carry the load and overcome all this, yet they say that Tom Brady can overcome all that they have lost. They are saying Tom Brady is going to show everyone this year that he can do anything with anyone, but Peyton can't overcome the loss of some if our players. Why is that?

I know that Jaws and Rich Eisen don't believe this, but the majority of others do. What do they see? Why is TB always viewed as the savior and Peyton viewed in a more negative light. I know it may have something to do with the playoff issue, but Brady hasn't been all that great in playoffs in recent years either. I just don't understand this.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Two things I will be watching for are generating a rushing attack and a pass rush. Depth has been put to the test. OL should be back to a more intact form by the opener. The new Backer Corps has a lot of speed which will provide pursuit in run D as well as imaginative options for JDR to utilize in Miller's absence.

Other aspects of the team seem fine. Secondary depth is excellent. DL has some new members, but seems to be gelling. Backer depth has been affected by the loss of Miller and Bradley.

Generating a rushing attack has more to do with blocking than it has to do with a particular RB at which the Broncos have sufficient depth. Run blocking has been disrupted by injuries, but should come together by the opener. The no-huddle PM runs helps the rushing attack.

The passing attack seems fine. The TE group has had some injuries with which to deal, but should be solid by the opener. The Broncos are lucky to have the two young ones they drafted in 2011.

This preseason has demonstrated the depth Elway has cultivated and its importance.

Leave a comment:

• 86Elwayfan
    replied
    But I don't like pie.... Can I have some humble cookies instead?

In all seriousness I agree with you OP to an extent OP. There has been an air of extreme cockiness on the boards leading into the season, and maybe the expectations were a little ludicrous and overall to high, but at the same time I kind of feel like those expectations are a good thing...after all If you shoot for the moon and miss at least you'll be among the stars right?

Leave a comment:

• BIGB83
    replied
    Originally posted by Lomax View Post
    Do you remember what our top 10 defense in '09 looked like a year later when we lost Doom for the season? They dropped to 32nd. One player can make a huge difference, especially when we're talking about the top 1 or 2 defensive players in the league.
    Do you also remember we had a revolving door of d coordinators? That had A LOT to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• Axemaster
    replied
    Originally posted by DT88 View Post
    I'm feeling a little weary. I almost wish they'd do away with preseason altogether. It's been a disaster thus far and after Saturday I'm scratching my head trying to find something positive to say right now..

Ya know with all the negativity around here lately, you would think its 2010 not 2013!

We have Elway, not an clueless wonder making personell decisions.

We have Fox, not a coach bent on running half the team out of town.

We have Manning as a QB, not a Line Backer masquerading as one.

Life is good right now for the Broncos.

Now I am not saying they will not miss Von Miller, AND I am not saying they have a cake walk to the Super Bowl either.

What I am saying though, is the 2012-2013 seasons a VASTLY IMPROVED over the previous 5 or 6 seasons!!! It's like night and day to me!

Leave a comment:

• champ&dreallday
    replied
    Originally posted by DT88 View Post
    I'm feeling a little weary. I almost wish they'd do away with preseason altogether. It's been a disaster thus far and after Saturday I'm scratching my head trying to find something positive to say right now..

While I don't agree and I haven't panicked, I understand where you're coming from. I posted a few weeks back how everytime we seem to take two steps forward this offseason, we end up taking one step back. I have to admit it's been rough at camp lately, but it's nothing we can't get through. I always knew the preseason didn't mean much, but after last season I learned the regular season isn't everything either. We were on top of the world at the end of the season, but you don't get a prize for the regular season. At worst we should be 4-2 after 6 games....that's not bad people. Since when has Peyton Manning struggled in the regular season. By the time the playoffs come around, we should be back to health and Von will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• champ&dreallday
    replied
    This is possibly the funniest post I've saw in a long time

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    No but he is responsible for not throwing 2 INTS one in overtime leading to the Ravens game winning field goal.
    that one play by moore killed our chances of winning because all momentum swayed instantly to the ravens. You can talk all you want about those two INT's but we never should have been in position to make them in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• LINEBACKER9
    replied
    We are going to be fine. 4-2 AT WORST without Von. Remember when the Ravens were banged up last season and missing a lot of starters even at the end of the season? Remember when they finished 10-6 and won the Super Bowl? You guys need to get a grip, support Von and watch us be a good team.

Leave a comment:

• Broncs4life75
    replied
    I am in awe of all the pessimism on this board. I watched the PRESEASON game vs Seattle and I didn't see all the doom and gloom many people here have voiced. Were we outplayed? Sure, especially after the starters went out, but games like this happen every now and then. Lets be thankful a game like this happened now.

Turnovers will beat any team that commits them offensively 99% of the time. I didn't see our first stringers get overmatched, Seattle is a good team and if it wasn't for the TO's we would have scored way more points. I thought Manning played great, Thomas and Decker looked good as always. Welker showed us the first of many TD's he will score this year. J. Thomas looks like he is ready to have a breakout year!

I thought our O-Line did ok, however we all need to remember that this line still isn't settled. Clady will be back soon and barring anymore injuries this line will gel into one of the better lines in the league by the start of the season. Other than our one weak link (center) we have Clady, Vasquez, Beadles & the mean and nasty Franklin.

Our RB's have been crucified here and I don't understand it. Two preseason games and people are already calling for McGahee to be resigned. I thought Hillman and Ball ran good the other night. Hillman almost broke a good one and I know it's only a matter of time before he does. Ball is still learning and will only get better. I saw several hard runs from him, especially the play he knocked a Seattle DB who came flying in for the tackle straight on his butt. Both these players will make some noise this year.

What I have taken from the last two games is that our DEPTH isn't as strong as many of us believed, especially the O-Line. The Broncos will dominate this year and I am super excited for week 1. Salute to all of you who haven't jumped ship, talked trash about our coaching staff and been over critical of our players before the season has even started. We are who we are and this is the team you will be watching all year! Rams are next and we will see improvement.

Broncos for Life!

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I thought he performed pretty dang well....Didn't realize he was responsible for playing safety....
    No but he is responsible for not throwing 2 INTS one in overtime leading to the Ravens game winning field goal.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Man I'm arrogant as all get up. Don't you worry my Broncos Swag is still at an all time high.

Leave a comment:

• SmokeBassett
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
    I think people are putting to much on the preseason. I remember some years back when the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason, but fell to 1-15 in the regular season. Preseason is nothing but scrimmage games, there a time to evaluate rookies and other young players, nothing more. Come game one of the regular season, it is the Starters all the way, the team will look much different than they do now. Even if we get off to a slow start, they play for the whole 60 min. Remember last season in game 6 we fell 24-0 at the half time, but because the game is played for 60 minutes and not 30 minutes we won. We will be fine once the regular season rolls around, even if we don't have Von for a few games. It is not so much how you start the season, but how you finish the season. Remember McDaniels first season in Denver with Kyle Orton, we started out 6-0 but finished the season 2-6.

I'm not worried about the defense either, this is usual Del Rio, he likes to move players around to find different formations, then settle into roles in the regular season. So I for one will take a wait and see approach to what will happen over the next few months.
    No question, coaches are not trying to win games in the preseason. They're trying to evaluate players, especially backup players.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X