Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonder if McGahee or Addai might get a call soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    With an average of 275 carries a season, McGahee never had more than 4 fumbles in a season until last year. And we saw how the coaching staff reacted to McGahee's 5 fumbles from last season. McGahee is gone. So, where is that going to leave Hillman. Especially with the red-zone fumble into the End Zone that was not only not 6 points for the Broncos, it was 6 points for Seattle. The coaching staff won't put up with it. Period. Plus, every time I see Hillman on the field, he looks smaller and smaller. He simply is ineffective carrying the load. And Montee Ball, known for not fumbling in college, won't be ready for another year, according to Peyton Manning and the coaching staff.

So, hell yeah I'd like to see McGahee brought back. I thought it was a mistake to not bring him back for TC.
    Actually, they never benched McGahee. He continued to start. So the coaching staff did nothing about all of those fumbles.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBroncoFan View Post
      I agree he should've been given that TD - no doubt there...and I am not saying fire the kid, but as a first option, Hillman is very concerning. He doesn't stand up to the hard hits like McGahee and two fumbles in one game - that's a benching in regular season.

As my thread stated, I wonder if a call to McGahee could be coming. It's simple speculation on my part...from the sound of things, McGahee may not be healthy enough, although he was fine and doing well in rehab prior to being cut. He knows the playbook and can sure as hell block a lot better than any of the other three.

We'll see what Hillman looks like behind the entire starting O-line and double tight end sets where he has lanes opening up. Believe me...I hope the kid is a rock star on that field. I will be the first one back here to happily say I was wrong for doubting.
      There wasn't a single designated lane that opened last night for Hillman and that was primarily because of Man Ram and Chris Clark. Both has awful games

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        You basing Hillman's progress on a preseason game against one of the best defenses... Hold your judgment for the regular season. People need to stop with these knee jerk reactions to preseasons game. People on this site are worst than ESPN.(whom took Nick Foles getting starting reps in OTA's as a sign Vick won't start)

Hillman has looked better than last season's preseason.
        People need to stop acting like the games against others starters don't count. People are running vanilla defenses at this guy and still beating him.

He is not going to suddenly turn it on during the regular season. News flash here Hillman is fighting for his #1 RB spot with a rookie that can't block. And he is unable or incapable of making us think he is the man for the job.

THAT IS A PROBLEM!

Comment

Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
          People need to stop acting like the games against others starters don't count. People are running vanilla defenses at this guy and still beating him.

He is not going to suddenly turn it on during the regular season. News flash here Hillman is fighting for his #1 RB spot with a rookie that can't block. And he is unable or incapable of making us think he is the man for the job.

THAT IS A PROBLEM!
          The only problem hillman had last night was fumbling. I challenge you to point to a play where he had trouble and it was his fault. Hillman did quite well given the circumstances of garbage blocking.

Anyone who thought the Seahawks were running a vanilla defense last night, wasn't watching. That was clearly a confidence booster for Carrols squad. They went all out last night.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            where did you hear that?
            He's super exaggerating a sentence by on DB.com

Everyone is trippin on Hillman, he looked so much better than he did at any point last year

Comment

The call on the field was a fumble, and there was not enough evidence to overturn it. I do believe he crossed the goal line, but it was to hard to tell in all that traffic with the angles we saw. If this was during the season, they might have spent more time reviewing the play, but being preseason, scores did not mean anything. Bottom line is Hillman is improved over last season. Hillman is blocking better as well as running better. I wounder why Moreno has not spent more time with the ones than he has. Could be his injury from the playoff game still has him slowed down a bit.
              sigpic

Comment

THAT IS A PROBLEM!
                ^This is why preseason is unbearable.

Despite how everyone knows that preseason means nothing except to be used as a tool to evaluate players on the bubble - you still have ignorant and misinformed rants from people who clearly know very little about football or the whole NFL process.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBroncoFan View Post
                  Hillman is not our answer at RB.
                  I did not know that.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                    Peyton Manning interview on TV, last week when he said it takes a RB two to three years to "get it". And comments I've heard on the radio.
                    That's running backs in general, he wasn't talking about Montee Ball. Ball will start at least a few games this year.
                    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                    sigpic

Comment

If McGahee isn't healthy perhaps they should look at Turner!

I think they should've kept Stokley as well, when we have these injuries. Even as a backup the boy can still play and he knows the system, but he signed with the Ravens.

Comment

Too many rookies on the boards hitting the panic button. Ball and hillman still have 20 weeks before they really really need to but their strides. We've already won the season, they just have to be ready for the post season
                        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

THAT IS A PROBLEM!
                          And some people need to realize that we did zero preparation to play Seattle, we didnt watch tape, we didnt exploit weaknesses. All we did was go out and play our plays, like a live practice

Comment

Originally posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
                            ^This is why preseason is unbearable.

Despite how everyone knows that preseason means nothing except to be used as a tool to evaluate players on the bubble - you still have ignorant and misinformed rants from people who clearly know very little about football or the whole NFL process.
                            ^^^ this +1. Way too many noobs

Comment

I have seen enough of Ronnie Hillman. He is terrible.

If he is our starting running back still come post season, our post season will be as short as it was last year if not shorter.

I have no idea what this coaching staff is doing at the RB position

Comment

Working...
                              X