Bradley Over Irving?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley Over Irving?????????

I think Bradley was a safe acquisition, but it's time for Irving to become our man in the middle.

I will be brief on this one......I like Bradley, but he's not starter material these days, at least not on this contender. He should be a solid backup / role player. If Irving's not ready then we did not do a good job to plug that hole in the offseason. I'm going to say otherwise.....lets give Irving the job, and provide him all the support he needs to keep it!!! If he's not the guy, then we are going to have to make due with all that we have......until next draft!

Irving is ready IMO. I think this has more to do with Von Millers pending suspension than Irving not being ready

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
      Irving is ready IMO. I think this has more to do with Von Millers pending suspension than Irving not being ready
      I'd much rather have Woodyard or Trevathan man the middle if they do intend on starting Irving in Miller's absence.

Comment

I really don't understand Fox's obsession with veterans even when a younger player is clearly better

Bradley should not be playing unless out of necessity from injury...period

Comment

I was thinking this over a bit.....am I being too hard on Bradley? I mean, he's not in his prime these days, and shouldn't Nate be ready? BUT if like you say, it's to help prepare replacement for Von for up to 4 games, the staff knows way more than I. Are we then saying Nate is replacing Von?

I would have thought that we would look pretty solid with a core of Woody, Irving and Trevathan as our starting OLBs when Von sits, with Phillips more as a rusher, and Bradley more for the ground game.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            I was thinking this over a bit.....am I being too hard on Bradley? I mean, he's not in his prime these days, and shouldn't Nate be ready? BUT if like you say, it's to help prepare replacement for Von for up to 4 games, the staff knows way more than I. Are we then saying Nate is replacing Von?

I would have thought that we would look pretty solid with a core of Woody, Irving and Trevathan as our starting OLBs when Von sits, with Phillips more as a rusher, and Bradley more for the ground game.
            I agree I'd rather see woody, trev and Irving than Bradley on the field. Fox says it's because he is smart. Well those smarts don't really show up quite frequently. Just his hustle. He's taken himself out of a few plays because of over pursuit or just a general malaise at moving his feet at the snap of the ball.

Comment

I don't see it either.

Joe Mays, Keith Brooking, now Bradley.

I just think Irving or Trevathan would be better, but maybe Fox is looking for someone with leadership and command of defensive adjustments the older guys are providing that the young guys have been unable to grasp so far.
              sigpic

Comment

I've been wondering about this too. Irving must really be making bad decisions and screwing up the assignments because Bradley has consistently looked too slow in both preseason games. Brooking at least was in the right place. Bradley either isn't or is trying to arm tackle from behind. It's bad...so does that mean Irving is worse? I don't buy hedging for Von. If that were the case, Irving would be getting time with the 1's in Von's place.

Comment

I guess I'm taking issue with this, because I felt like either Irving was ready (with little evidence from last year, when I thought we could be grooming him a bit more) or we should draft a Middle LB who could step right in, like many quality LBs have proven capable of, over the years. I never saw Bradley as "the guy". Seeing him get the starts in preseason makes me wonder. Either he has really stepped up his game, or Nate's not advancing as advertised.

This is my position of concern this year. Not RB, because we have a trio of decent backs all trying to win the job. Not DE, now that word on Wolfe is positive. Not CB or Safety. We have a pretty good supply of Dbacks. Not Oline....just waitin on Clady. It's MLB, and has been all offseason.

I still expect Irving to be our starter.

Comment

Hit the nail on the head. They want Irving and Bradley ready for the Miller suspension. Reports are the Broncos are confident that the appeal will be won. But their actions speak differently. I certainly don't think Irvings play deserved a demotion.
                    sigpic

Comment

JDR has forgotten more about linebacking and D than all of us put together will ever know. I'm down with what he decides.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        JDR has forgotten more about linebacking and D than all of us put together will ever know. I'm down with what he decides.
                        That's cool. I know you typically support our leadership's decisions, and so do I. But on occasion I take issue, which is ok to do here. It is an open forum. And if this is about preparing to go up to 4 games without Von....fine. But I don't get why Irving isn't starting, and if so, I am a concerned we have not taken the key middle man and glue on the D position as seriously as I had hoped. I am a huge fan of the position, and maybe that's my bias. But I believe that a stud MLB can make a D look better than the overall talent it has. And if someone said that Bradley was going to be "the guy" when we picked him up, I would have been disappointed.

UNLESS.......he's regained his old form.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          That's cool. I know you typically support our leadership's decisions, and so do I. But on occasion I take issue, which is ok to do here. It is an open forum. And if this is about preparing to go up to 4 games without Von....fine. But I don't get why Irving isn't starting, and if so, I am a concerned we have not taken the key middle man and glue on the D position as seriously as I had hoped. I am a huge fan of the position, and maybe that's my bias. But I believe that a stud MLB can make a D look better than the overall talent it has. And if someone said that Bradley was going to be "the guy" when we picked him up, I would have been disappointed.

UNLESS.......he's regained his old form.
                          Put me in every meeting and at every practice, and I might have enough data for a different take. It has to do with knowing the scheme and the call. Maybe they should close caption what goes from JDR to the Backer's helmet so we can all see if everyone is doing their job.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

What is Larente McCray doing?

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Put me in every meeting and at every practice, and I might have enough data for a different take. It has to do with knowing the scheme and the call. Maybe they should close caption what goes from JDR to the Backer's helmet so we can all see if everyone is doing their job.
                              I am not doubting JDR.

Comment

Working...
                              X