New mlb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Linebacker play in run defense has to do with reading keys and getting to the proper place. The corps of Trevathan, Woodyard and Irving has plenty of speed for pursuit, and they have shown that they can read keys quickly and take the correct angle to make a play.

I have no doubts about Woodyard's run D at the Mike spot. I will be watching his coverage of the seam receiver when the D is in Tampa 2 ... if they ever are. Trevathan will be fine at Will and Irving at Sam. Depth is a concern, but that's football.
    I agree with the assessment of Woody at MLB.

I don't think we'll run Tampa 2, though. We don't really have the DL for it, and our corners aren't exactly press corners.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Woodyard is going to really show what hes made of now in the mlb spot. He might be undersized. But he plays alot bigger then he is hes fast can cover tight ends better then any other middle linebacker on our team. Woodyard will be a monster this year. He is always in on the play. Imagine what its gonna be like when hes in the middle.

Now shaun phillips. Should be on the DLine a whole heck of a lot. We need a passrush. If we put him at the end and irving in the lb spot. I think to me thats the best way to go. All 3 of our linebackers would have tremendous speed and can cover pretty good.

Im not too worried about champ bailey to be honest. I really think DRC is going to come In and make big plays. I remember him at az and when he was there. He was ballin. I live in az so I seen pretty much watch most of there games. If our broncos arent playing at that time at least. But DRC is a athlletic freak . Anytime he touches the ball. Everybody starts to think ita gonna go back to the house . He was pretty much patrick peterson back then. Maybe a little less then 21. But. Not by much. Hea a playmaker. Cant wait for him to get on the field. And then with chria harris on the other side. Yea were set at CB

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
        Teams can't just morph who they are and play a style of football they don't otherwise play...in the words of Cris Carter: 'Come on, man...'
        Are you kidding me?!? Teams do what they can to attack the weakest part of the opponent, if that's a matchup at MLB with a TE or in zone coverage the team will do what it can to keep him on the field and take advantage of that. Get real man
        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
          Are you kidding me?!? Teams do what they can to attack the weakest part of the opponent, if that's a matchup at MLB with a TE or in zone coverage the team will do what it can to keep him on the field and take advantage of that. Get real man
          Are YOU kidding ME??

You can only do what you are otherwise capable of doing. You DON"T just become some bulldozer running team if that is not who you are. Teams can only attack defense in a manner they are capable of doing. Do you really think the Broncos opponents are all going to start running the ball 35-40 times a game??

If they do, they will be playing into the Broncos hands, because our offense is going to score points. That means MOST of the Broncos opponents aren't going to have the LUXURY of playing that style, because they are going to have to match us point for point.

I will also remind you, our defense in the late 90's wasn't exactly the '85 Bears, and it was the same formula...catch us on the scoreboard if you can.

Your 'analysis' needs some revision.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
            *Sigh* I am getting soooooo tired of all the talk about MLB.

Look, it's just not as critical a position as it used to be, period. The proliferation of multiple receiver sets dictates the defense is usually in nickel or dime defenses anyway. That means the team is usually playing with two LB's at the most. As far as who will play, the Broncos best LB's are Woodyard, Irving and Trevathan. Thay will be the players on the field, regardless of the set they're in, and that will also include Stewart Bradley if he is healthy enough.

Seriously, I really don't know what's so hard to understand. There is nothing to see here, move along.
            Yah.....why would we want a Patrick Willis type anyway? No big deal.....heck, we could use a long snapper to hold down the position.

Comment

I was just thinking about last year's draft......wasn't there some disagreement over whether we should draft Lavonte David in round two? I would have welcomed that move, but if he could play ILB. It's all hindsight now.
              Last edited by CanDB; 08-21-2013, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                Linebacker play in run defense has to do with reading keys and getting to the proper place. The corps of Trevathan, Woodyard and Irving has plenty of speed for pursuit, and they have shown that they can read keys quickly and take the correct angle to make a play.

I have no doubts about Woodyard's run D at the Mike spot. I will be watching his coverage of the seam receiver when the D is in Tampa 2 ... if they ever are. Trevathan will be fine at Will and Irving at Sam. Depth is a concern, but that's football.
                I am curious #2 WOLB will be now since Trevathan appears to be #1. I am assuming that WW would move back there and someone else would move to MLB.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  I am curious #2 WOLB will be now since Trevathan appears to be #1. I am assuming that WW would move back there and someone else would move to MLB.
                  We'll need to see who makes the roster and what the depth chart looks like. Phillips should be there, but it's hard to tell if he's made the transition to Sam. Will Johnson and McCray be there? Will Lenon be there?

If the group can stay intact for six games, there will be a reshuffle when Miller returns. There will also be an evaluation which will include Woodyard's performance at Mike.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    SAM: #1 Von Miller #2 Nate Irving or Lerentee McCray (Shaun Phillips will be nickel rusher end)
                    MIKE: #1 W. Woodyard #2 Paris Lenon
                    WILL: #1 D. Trevathan #2 Steven Johnson (he always play WLB in Kansas)

Comment

@BrandonSpano: Chris Harris told me that one of the reasons Wood is starting at Mike is cause Trevathan has been so good, they had to get him on the field

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                        @BrandonSpano: Chris Harris told me that one of the reasons Wood is starting at Mike is cause Trevathan has been so good, they had to get him on the field
                        I hope so he missed a lot of tackles in the Seattle game

Comment

Working...
                        X