Kayvon Webster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayvon Webster

I haven't focused strictly on him while watching the two preseason games, but I have seen him make some nice plays and a couple of hard hits. This dude has some jets for how strong he is, which probably warranted Elway making him our third round selection. In addition, he seems to be a great student of the game, always looking up to Champ, and always looking to get better.

Another thing I liked that stuck out about him and not other drafted players is that he referred to us as "Broncos Country" in his draft Press conference. Most of these guys call us Bronco Nation, a moniker which came from Raider Nation. It's a small thing, but it shows that he truly has followed the Broncos before being drafted by us.

Does anybody else think this guy has what it takes to be a good starter?
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Maybe a few years down the road he could develop into a starter. But Champ, DRC, and Harris are miles ahead of him at the moment. Tony Carter and Omar Bolden also seem to have a higher spot in the pecking order as well. But I do agree, Webster has been fairly impressive so far. At least I've not seen him burned deep yet unlike that #40 guy...

Comment

I've liked what I've seen in preseason so far; he doesn't 'look' like a rookie. He's looked a lot more comfortable in coverage than Omar Bolden/Quentin Jammer, but he likely hasn't been properly tested yet.

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
        Maybe a few years down the road he could develop into a starter. But Champ, DRC, and Harris are miles ahead of him at the moment. Tony Carter and Omar Bolden also seem to have a higher spot in the pecking order as well. But I do agree, Webster has been fairly impressive so far. At least I've not seen him burned deep yet unlike that #40 guy...
        I would rank him 5th currently, behind Carter and the obvious ones. Bolden has been bad, IMO. He has shown me nothing good this preseason, especially tackling.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
          I would rank him 5th currently, behind Carter and the obvious ones. Bolden has been bad, IMO. He has shown me nothing good this preseason, especially tackling.
          I would agree with you, but the coaches still give Bolden earlier snaps in the game... Either way, I think they'll both make the team and will primarily be responsible for Special Teams assignments this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
            Agreed.

Webster may be the guy we need to cover TEs, his physicality is perfect.

I think the reason Bolden may be getting more snaps is to make a final evaluation. I'm guessing he's gone after TC barring injury since our secondary is pretty deep.
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

It was amusing watching the broadcast of the Seattle-Denver game with John Lynch in the booth. I'm about 95% certain that it was John Lynch who convinced the Broncos to Draft Kayvon Webster. Anybody remember how the Broncos (Elway) sent Lynch to the Combine to "scout" the DBs? And Lynch singled out Webster, twice, for a little unbiased adoration during the broadcast.

As far as what we are seeing on the field, Webster hasn't distinguished himself. Depending on how many DBs the Broncos keep, he might make the final roster because he's a 3rd Round Pick. At worst, and I doubt this will happen, he goes to the Practice Squad. Although his game doesn't remind me of Omar Bolden at all, his circumstances of being a mid-round Draft Pick not being all that impressive sure does.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing who makes the roster and the PS.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                  Agreed.

Webster may be the guy we need to cover TEs, his physicality is perfect.

I think the reason Bolden may be getting more snaps is to make a final evaluation. I'm guessing he's gone after TC barring injury since our secondary is pretty deep.
                  Lol bolden won't be gone after 1 year. Haha, smh. Player development people!! Bolden has looked good in coverage but has struggled with tackling which is a fixable issue. You guys need to get over this big idea of just cutting a guy after a year
                  A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

It will be interesting to see who stays and who goes. Who will be on the 53 man final roster. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                      Lol bolden won't be gone after 1 year. Haha, smh. Player development people!! Bolden has looked good in coverage but has struggled with tackling which is a fixable issue. You guys need to get over this big idea of just cutting a guy after a year
                      It happens. I mean even our newly acquired guard was with the Seahawks for only 2 years and he was drafted in the 3rd round.

I'm not sure Bolden is going anywhere but there are only so many CB spots.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                        It could happen for sure. Mike Mohamed was cut after a season also.

If he is cut, it won't be as much of them giving up on him as the other guys stepping up. Tony Carter would be wayyy more reliable to come in as a back up, and IMO, Webster already looks just as good if not better than Bolden. If we keep 6 corners then he has a shot, if not, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                          It was amusing watching the broadcast of the Seattle-Denver game with John Lynch in the booth. I'm about 95% certain that it was John Lynch who convinced the Broncos to Draft Kayvon Webster. Anybody remember how the Broncos (Elway) sent Lynch to the Combine to "scout" the DBs? And Lynch singled out Webster, twice, for a little unbiased adoration during the broadcast.

As far as what we are seeing on the field, Webster hasn't distinguished himself. Depending on how many DBs the Broncos keep, he might make the final roster because he's a 3rd Round Pick. At worst, and I doubt this will happen, he goes to the Practice Squad. Although his game doesn't remind me of Omar Bolden at all, his circumstances of being a mid-round Draft Pick not being all that impressive sure does.
                          This is off. There is a 1% chance he doesn't make the final 53. Look at statistics over time on how many players get cut right after being drafted in the 3rd round.

On top of that, Webster has looked solid at worst. He hasn't made any big mistakes or missed tackles, and that's what is asked of a DB.

Comment

I am fairly certain Webster will be on the team. Bolden has looked good in coverage sometimes, sometimes mediocre, never really bad. His tackling has not been good, mainly because he doesn't break down well. He has been good on special teams. I think it might be Carter who is cut, since he is short and not of great value on special teams. I think Carter would probably be picked up quickly by another team.

Comment

Were keeping 6 corners, that's the strength of our team and all of the top 6 would be picked up by any other team. We will carry at least 10 DBs
                              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Working...
                              X