Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wes Welker update???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wes Welker update???

    I've heard that Welker returned to practice today. Any word on if he fully participated?

  • #2
    The only thing I've heard is that he will not be playing in preseason anymore.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

    Comment


    • #3
      Based on his excellent performance against SEA, I'm ok with that. Protect him if you feel the need. He's gonna be filthy this season
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

      Comment


      • #4
        He's day to day. I think he's close to practicing but will be held out of the pre-season as a precaution.

        This is why I think so many people WAYYYYYYYY over-react about our injuries.

        Welker, Wolfe and Vasquez are fine. They could probably play this week if needed. Come week one they will be ready.

        The only 2 players down are Bailey and Miller. 2 big players but Bailey is 50/50 to play week one.

        Even if he misses 1-2 games and Miller 6 I don't see a need to panic. We have a great O and a lot of good players on D. 4 of our first 6 will be at home.

        We will run away with the West. We need people like Miller and Bailey firing from mid-season onwards. It might even be a positive with Miller in that he can't get injured and won't get worn down.

        Some people seem to act like Miller, Bailey and Welker are on IR, THATS when I would worry.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          ready.


          It might even be a positive with Miller in that he can't get injured and won't get worn down.
          Famous last words. Come week 7 Miller will not have been battle-tested, and the likelihood of injury will go way up. Hopefully he will be fine, but I am not counting my chickens.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by psychobilly View Post
            Famous last words. Come week 7 Miller will not have been battle-tested, and the likelihood of injury will go way up. Hopefully he will be fine, but I am not counting my chickens.
            Why would it go up ? Players are no more likely to be injured playing their first game then any other.

            He will be training with the team and he was battle tested these last 2 years, he knows how to play the game at a high level.

            Come week 7 he will be fresh and ready to go.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by psychobilly View Post
              Famous last words. Come week 7 Miller will not have been battle-tested, and the likelihood of injury will go way up. Hopefully he will be fine, but I am not counting my chickens.
              It seems that the type of suspension does not ban him from the facility. He will be allowed to lift with team mates, and attend meetings, but will not be allowed to practice. There are ways to keep the body toned short of contact, like medicine ball drills and mat drills.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

              Comment


              • #8


                Today
                Peyton Manning and Ryan Katz watch Wes Welker
                Team Broncos!
                2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  It seems that the type of suspension does not ban him from the facility. He will be allowed to lift with team mates, and attend meetings, but will not be allowed to practice. There are ways to keep the body toned short of contact, like medicine ball drills and mat drills.
                  I was assuming he was banned from the facility. Apparently not.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Someone needs to ask him whether Colorado has better beer than Boston. Until he publicly states an opinion on this issue I see WR's as our greatest weakness.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GoManning View Post


                      Today
                      Peyton Manning and Ryan Katz watch Wes Welker
                      Lol, well I guess it's time to close this thread

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by psychobilly View Post
                        I was assuming he was banned from the facility. Apparently not.
                        Miller just can't practice with the team, he can workout at the faculty though.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GoManning View Post


                          Today
                          Peyton Manning and Ryan Katz watch Wes Welker
                          Thanks. This was actually the update I was looking for. I'm not worried about our injuries right now. None seem to be critical besides the centers. I was just curious if was just at the practice or if he fully participated. He's at least running routes, which means I'm sure he's good to go.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by psychobilly View Post
                            I was assuming he was banned from the facility. Apparently not.
                            That is the exact opposite of what the league, the team and von wants. When a player has had substance issues (even if VOn didn't test positive. The league wants that player to be near his team-mates for support so that they wont slip back.

                            From all of the info I've heard Wes is fine and will be ready week 1. He is being held back to try and let his ankle get back to 100% instead of the 70-80% he's at now.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                              That is the exact opposite of what the league, the team and von wants. When a player has had substance issues (even if VOn didn't test positive. The league wants that player to be near his team-mates for support so that they wont slip back.

                              From all of the info I've heard Wes is fine and will be ready week 1. He is being held back to try and let his ankle get back to 100% instead of the 70-80% he's at now.
                              I was going to chime in on this ... glad u already did

                              No one wants to isolate a person with a problem...that is not how they get better.

                              The NFL does not want the player playing but they want them around the team, coaches and friends so they can get as much positive support as possible to get through their issues.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X