Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Becoming Underdogs.. good thing..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Becoming Underdogs.. good thing..

    While many broncos fans wont agree with me, I will say this.. everyone guns for the favorites.

    With the Broncos slipping in the polls as SB favorites, I see this as a good thing for broncos fans and the team.

    Becoming more of a sleeper cell will help this team. gliding under the radar will set the tone throughout the year. too many times the favorites are hunted down while the quiet, solid team makes strides towards the big show.

    while injuries are never a good thing and loosing players to suspensions arent good either, it many be the silver lining in the 'next man up' mentality.

    when a team looses key players, the next man up is put into the role to fill in. Many times these players have so juch drive to prove the nay sayers wrong, they flourish and improve locker room mentality with their enthusiasim.

    some may not agree, but being a Colts fan through the good and bad has taught me, underdogs are the biggest threat. be the underdog.
    PROUND MEMBER OF THE MILE HIGH MANNING FIVEHEAD FAN CLUB! MEMBER #101!

  • #2
    Who said we are underdogs? they still have us favorites to win the SB. All teams are going thru some injury issues. (either minor or major). Some much worse than us! Loosing Vonnie Football for 6 weeks affects us, but I dont think it makes us underdogs.

    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...er-bowl/20870/

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
      Who said we are underdogs? they still have us favorites to win the SB. All teams are going thru some injury issues. (either minor or major). Some much worse than us! Loosing Vonnie Football for 6 weeks affects us, but I dont think it makes us underdogs.

      http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...er-bowl/20870/
      This. 100,000 times this.

      Comment


      • #4
        While Vegas has us as favorites, many in the sports media have us no longer as favorites. As a matter of fact, on First Take they were saying that while Tom Brady will be able to overcome all that they have lost (because he can do anything with anyone) Peyton won't be able to overcome all that we have lost. Ugh! Also, many on the NFL Network have also said we are no longer favorites at all.

        I do believe that if there is any team that can overcome adversity, its us. I hope we come out like mad dogs and wipe the floor with everyone, starting with the Ravens. Jaws said this morning that they are the best team in the AFC. I want us to freaking embarrass them.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

        Comment


        • #5
          We are hardly underdogs. The only single plaer injury/suspension that would make us instant underdogs would be to one of our QB'S whom I will not name here for superstitious reasons. Other than that we are too talented to begin with let alone in our division
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

          Comment


          • #6
            I agree people are looking at us as underdogs now. I don't, but that's what being echoed in a lot of places. I actually like it. A lot of media outlets are saying we've had too many distractions that we won't be able to overcome. They talk about the DUI's having an impact on our team.....If it were Fox or Elway, it may have a little effect, but two guys that most never see anyway???? They even bring up the injury to Stewart Bradley???? He's a decent player, but I don't think him missing 4 weeks is gonna hamper our defense.

            The media just tries to feast on the biggest story they currently have. In a month or so, they'll write stories on how good the team is like they never doubted the team in the preseason.

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't see us underdogs, as long as we have Peyton and that highly potent O, regardless of the current D situation. I see it this way, our O is easily one of the best in the league and can score 30 or more points every game, no matter who we play.....

              while our D is currently a little messed up without Von and possibly Bailey out of the lineup. But I have faith in our LB corps, who will surprise as the season progresses, and once Von is back (if not sooner), we're the fav!

              Once we rock Baltimore in game one, people will flock back to us!

              Comment


              • #8
                They say what they've said relative to the Patriots and Broncos because the media has loved Tom Brady forever (and give him far too much credit for the success in New England), while they've hated Manning (and give him far too much of the critique for only having 1 Super Bowl ring).

                It's as slanted as CNN when it comes to Democrats: they claim balance, but it's obviously one-sided.

                EDIT: Oh, and the Broncos aren't flying under anyone's radar. They will still be favored in almost every game.

                Comment


                • #9
                  They are falling. Read it all over the web. You seem to think I'm knocking the Broncos.. take a chill pill. I'm not.

                  If you think they arent, you need to wake up. All the injuries and suspension is hurting their 'odds' with the NFL analyts.

                  Hey, just reporting what i have read.
                  PROUND MEMBER OF THE MILE HIGH MANNING FIVEHEAD FAN CLUB! MEMBER #101!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BRONCOLT View Post
                    They are falling. Read it all over the web. You seem to think I'm knocking the Broncos.. take a chill pill. I'm not.

                    If you think they arent, you need to wake up. All the injuries and suspension is hurting their 'odds' with the NFL analyts.

                    Hey, just reporting what i have read.
                    I hear you. People read things and take what they want from it. I'm not calling us an underdog, but just about everyone else is. From the inuries to the suspension, the media has jumped off our bandwagon and is starting to say we're no longer contenders. I definitely disagree, but this doubt is what the media has turned to.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                      They say what they've said relative to the Patriots and Broncos because the media has loved Tom Brady forever (and give him far too much credit for the success in New England), while they've hated Manning (and give him far too much of the critique for only having 1 Super Bowl ring).

                      It's as slanted as CNN when it comes to Democrats: they claim balance, but it's obviously one-sided.

                      EDIT: Oh, and the Broncos aren't flying under anyone's radar. They will still be favored in almost every game.
                      LOL what?

                      The media has always coddle Peyton and his oversized forehead. They've always given more respect than is deserved of a regular season warrior but a postseason choke artist. Any praise Brady has received has been warranted, because he's been our MVP in each of our 5 SB runs (including the 3 victories.) Believe me, I wish we'd given Brady better teams to work with (especially in 2001 and 2011) but he was the star and came up with clutch plays when the team needed him.

                      And this nonsense about the media claiming that Denver will tank this year while NE will dominate is just untrue. The only people who know that NE is firing on all cylinders are those who have religiously followed each day of camp and the two preseason games. Most of the idiots in the media are still ranking Denver ahead of NE. ESPN predicted that NE will go 1-7 on the road this year with an overall record of 9-7. Which is fine by me, since no one is better at playing the disrespect card than Bill Belichick.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The boys in Vegas know their stuff. Despite Von's greatness, the fact he would only make a half point differential in a point spread to me is very telling. The broncos are still the favorites in the afc and rightfully so. If we were to somehow lose the opener to the ravens I might be a tad concerned. Having said that, I think the league takes note of an opening night BEATDOWN. The media can say what they will, their opinions change daily, especially on espn. Btw, first time poster, long time reader. Looking forward to the season ahead!
                        Milehigh Salute

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                          While Vegas has us as favorites, many in the sports media have us no longer as favorites. As a matter of fact, on First Take they were saying that while Tom Brady will be able to overcome all that they have lost (because he can do anything with anyone) Peyton won't be able to overcome all that we have lost. Ugh! Also, many on the NFL Network have also said we are no longer favorites at all.

                          I do believe that if there is any team that can overcome adversity, its us. I hope we come out like mad dogs and wipe the floor with everyone, starting with the Ravens. Jaws said this morning that they are the best team in the AFC. I want us to freaking embarrass them.
                          Vegas>First Take, straight up, First take is guys filling a sixty minute void with meaningless banter. The Broncos are right where they want to be. Dead even with everyone else. Let the cards fall where they may once the season starts, I can tell you now it's going to be a heck of a ride to the very end...In February.
                          [sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            smh....




                            please don't be a media puppet

                            I don't know how old you are but if you remember when Elway got hurt in are back to back everyone said we were done. Stick a fork in the broncos. Little did everyone know, Ryan Leaf could have steered the ship straight with that offense.

                            This years broncos will only be an under dog if Manning goes down
                            Last edited by rst08tierney; 08-22-2013, 04:12 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                              smh....




                              please don't be a media puppet

                              I don't know how old you are but if you remember when Elway got hurt in are back to back everyone said we were done. Stick a fork in the broncos. Little did everyone know, Ryan Leaf could have steered the ship straight with that offense.

                              This years broncos will only be an under dog if Manning goes down
                              ha, shake your head all you want and look through those Broncos colored glasses.

                              When you have a team injuries and suspensions that has an identity crisis, your gonna get the media attention and focus on the problems.

                              its natural. To dismerit what has happened this preseason to the Broncos and act like it has no berring on the outcome of the season is Koolaid at its best.

                              This mentality Manning will carry and bail this team out is why Colts fans know and see the symptoms of the Old days of Indy.

                              Putting all the weight on the QB like Indy did will bite you in the butt.
                              PROUND MEMBER OF THE MILE HIGH MANNING FIVEHEAD FAN CLUB! MEMBER #101!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X