X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
    I can't wrap my head around the underdogs label when you look at the current state of our division and the rest of the AFC in general. Peyton Manning alone puts us in the top 2 teams from the AFC.
    That's because the sports media is convinced that Peyton can't compensate for all the losses while of course Tom Brady can (because he can do anything with anyone).

They don't believe we have any hope on our D anymore because the loss of Von and Doom is too much to overcome, which is ridiculous. They talk as if Von is gone for good and that he was basically our whole team.

That's why I loved the way Shaun was talking in his interview. Loved the chip on his shoulder and the irritation he had over these assumptions. Not winning our division is ridiculous. If we don't then we have way more problems than we thought.

Leave a comment:

• sbxxxiichamps
    replied
    I can't wrap my head around the underdogs label when you look at the current state of our division and the rest of the AFC in general. Peyton Manning alone puts us in the top 2 teams from the AFC.

Leave a comment:

• sgriffeth78
    replied
    Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
    It would be LOVELY to fly under the radar. But, with the Broncos, this WONT happen. Everyone is gunning to bring down the Broncos.
    But you see, the more the media presses us down the more teams are going to look past us because of these so called "deficiencies". Like a previous poster stated, most of our injuries aren't serious besides at Center. So let the talking heads keep talking. When the Broncos come to town and wipe the teams off the map, we will get the last laugh!

Leave a comment:

• johntbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
    Have to agree with the OP. I would much rather fly under the radar and surprise people than have these high expectations and have teams gunning for us.
    It would be LOVELY to fly under the radar. But, with the Broncos, this WONT happen. Everyone is gunning to bring down the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• 58_VONDOOM_92
    replied
    Originally posted by BRONCOLT View Post
    ha, shake your head all you want and look through those Broncos colored glasses.

When you have a team injuries and suspensions that has an identity crisis, your gonna get the media attention and focus on the problems.

its natural. To dismerit what has happened this preseason to the Broncos and act like it has no berring on the outcome of the season is Koolaid at its best.

This mentality Manning will carry and bail this team out is why Colts fans know and see the symptoms of the Old days of Indy.

Putting all the weight on the QB like Indy did will bite you in the butt.
    What are all these injuries you speek of? Most are minor and will be back by game one (other then bailey and our centers).

I just think its funny how our team is now being downgraded cause there saying we have all these injuries but in all honesty most teams are dealing with this or even has it worse.

Oh well that's the media for you.

Leave a comment:

• sgriffeth78
    replied
    Have to agree with the OP. I would much rather fly under the radar and surprise people than have these high expectations and have teams gunning for us.

Leave a comment:

• BRONCOLT
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    smh....

please don't be a media puppet

I don't know how old you are but if you remember when Elway got hurt in are back to back everyone said we were done. Stick a fork in the broncos. Little did everyone know, Ryan Leaf could have steered the ship straight with that offense.

This years broncos will only be an under dog if Manning goes down
    ha, shake your head all you want and look through those Broncos colored glasses.

When you have a team injuries and suspensions that has an identity crisis, your gonna get the media attention and focus on the problems.

its natural. To dismerit what has happened this preseason to the Broncos and act like it has no berring on the outcome of the season is Koolaid at its best.

This mentality Manning will carry and bail this team out is why Colts fans know and see the symptoms of the Old days of Indy.

Putting all the weight on the QB like Indy did will bite you in the butt.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    smh....

please don't be a media puppet

I don't know how old you are but if you remember when Elway got hurt in are back to back everyone said we were done. Stick a fork in the broncos. Little did everyone know, Ryan Leaf could have steered the ship straight with that offense.

This years broncos will only be an under dog if Manning goes down
    Last edited by rst08tierney; 08-22-2013, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    While Vegas has us as favorites, many in the sports media have us no longer as favorites. As a matter of fact, on First Take they were saying that while Tom Brady will be able to overcome all that they have lost (because he can do anything with anyone) Peyton won't be able to overcome all that we have lost. Ugh! Also, many on the NFL Network have also said we are no longer favorites at all.

I do believe that if there is any team that can overcome adversity, its us. I hope we come out like mad dogs and wipe the floor with everyone, starting with the Ravens. Jaws said this morning that they are the best team in the AFC. I want us to freaking embarrass them.
    Vegas>First Take, straight up, First take is guys filling a sixty minute void with meaningless banter. The Broncos are right where they want to be. Dead even with everyone else. Let the cards fall where they may once the season starts, I can tell you now it's going to be a heck of a ride to the very end...In February.

Leave a comment:

• JDell0054
    replied
    The boys in Vegas know their stuff. Despite Von's greatness, the fact he would only make a half point differential in a point spread to me is very telling. The broncos are still the favorites in the afc and rightfully so. If we were to somehow lose the opener to the ravens I might be a tad concerned. Having said that, I think the league takes note of an opening night BEATDOWN. The media can say what they will, their opinions change daily, especially on espn. Btw, first time poster, long time reader. Looking forward to the season ahead!

Leave a comment:

• RandomVariable
    replied
    Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
    They say what they've said relative to the Patriots and Broncos because the media has loved Tom Brady forever (and give him far too much credit for the success in New England), while they've hated Manning (and give him far too much of the critique for only having 1 Super Bowl ring).

It's as slanted as CNN when it comes to Democrats: they claim balance, but it's obviously one-sided.

EDIT: Oh, and the Broncos aren't flying under anyone's radar. They will still be favored in almost every game.
    LOL what?

The media has always coddle Peyton and his oversized forehead. They've always given more respect than is deserved of a regular season warrior but a postseason choke artist. Any praise Brady has received has been warranted, because he's been our MVP in each of our 5 SB runs (including the 3 victories.) Believe me, I wish we'd given Brady better teams to work with (especially in 2001 and 2011) but he was the star and came up with clutch plays when the team needed him.

And this nonsense about the media claiming that Denver will tank this year while NE will dominate is just untrue. The only people who know that NE is firing on all cylinders are those who have religiously followed each day of camp and the two preseason games. Most of the idiots in the media are still ranking Denver ahead of NE. ESPN predicted that NE will go 1-7 on the road this year with an overall record of 9-7. Which is fine by me, since no one is better at playing the disrespect card than Bill Belichick.

Leave a comment:

• champ&dreallday
    replied
    Originally posted by BRONCOLT View Post
    They are falling. Read it all over the web. You seem to think I'm knocking the Broncos.. take a chill pill. I'm not.

If you think they arent, you need to wake up. All the injuries and suspension is hurting their 'odds' with the NFL analyts.

Hey, just reporting what i have read.
    I hear you. People read things and take what they want from it. I'm not calling us an underdog, but just about everyone else is. From the inuries to the suspension, the media has jumped off our bandwagon and is starting to say we're no longer contenders. I definitely disagree, but this doubt is what the media has turned to.

Leave a comment:

• BRONCOLT
    replied
    They are falling. Read it all over the web. You seem to think I'm knocking the Broncos.. take a chill pill. I'm not.

If you think they arent, you need to wake up. All the injuries and suspension is hurting their 'odds' with the NFL analyts.

Hey, just reporting what i have read.

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    They say what they've said relative to the Patriots and Broncos because the media has loved Tom Brady forever (and give him far too much credit for the success in New England), while they've hated Manning (and give him far too much of the critique for only having 1 Super Bowl ring).

It's as slanted as CNN when it comes to Democrats: they claim balance, but it's obviously one-sided.

EDIT: Oh, and the Broncos aren't flying under anyone's radar. They will still be favored in almost every game.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I don't see us underdogs, as long as we have Peyton and that highly potent O, regardless of the current D situation. I see it this way, our O is easily one of the best in the league and can score 30 or more points every game, no matter who we play.....

while our D is currently a little messed up without Von and possibly Bailey out of the lineup. But I have faith in our LB corps, who will surprise as the season progresses, and once Von is back (if not sooner), we're the fav!

Once we rock Baltimore in game one, people will flock back to us!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X