X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
    Scoreboard. Statbook. Gametape.

What you got?
    lol Shaun Phillips is not on the same level as Elvis man. And stats for pass rushers are very overrated. Especially the sack category. Doom demands double teams all the time, which was a big part of the reason that we had the #1 pass rush last year. Shaun Phillips has had a great career, but he is getting old. He will not provide the same pressure week to week that Doom did for us. You are trying to judge Phillips vs Doom based on one game where Dooms teamed was absolutely mismatched on both sides of the ball... come on. If Phillips were on the Ravens that game, and Doom were still with us, the exact same thing would have happened. Von has been amazing every year, but Doom still was a big part of the reason he was so productive. Von will still be very productive, but Phillips is not on the same level as Doom. It's one thing to be a die hard Broncos fan... as I am myself. But I don't let orange and blue completely bias and cloud my judgement. I bet a lot of money on these games... and I cannot let my Broncos love get in the way of that. I think we have an outstanding shot to win the super bowl this year. And I did put a grand on us winning the AFC. I think that we will have the #1 offense in the league this year and a top 10 D easily... maybe top 5. I believe that we are much deeper and better than we were last season, when we did have Doom. Our offense is so much more versatile and explosive... and Peyton is in his second year with us now. Remember how slow he started off last season? Look at the progression... and then look at week 1 of this year. I am so excited for this season... it is insane. And Shaun Phillips is a great player, but he is not as good as Elvis Dumervil at this point. The end.

Comment

Combo can see in to the future the season is a wrap

Comment

Dude, Elvis was almost never doubled last year. Teams were too worried about Miller.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Doom will always be remembered for his play as a Bronco by me but he is a one trick pony. Very good at blitzing the outside with one or two moves and nothing else. He never really improved the way we've seen Von working to mold himself into a multifaceted player.

Comment

Originally posted by Combo1985 View Post
            lol Shaun Phillips is not on the same level as Elvis man. And stats for pass rushers are very overrated. Especially the sack category. Doom demands double teams all the time, which was a big part of the reason that we had the #1 pass rush last year. Shaun Phillips has had a great career, but he is getting old. He will not provide the same pressure week to week that Doom did for us. You are trying to judge Phillips vs Doom based on one game where Dooms teamed was absolutely mismatched on both sides of the ball... come on. If Phillips were on the Ravens that game, and Doom were still with us, the exact same thing would have happened. Von has been amazing every year, but Doom still was a big part of the reason he was so productive. Von will still be very productive, but Phillips is not on the same level as Doom. It's one thing to be a die hard Broncos fan... as I am myself. But I don't let orange and blue completely bias and cloud my judgement. I bet a lot of money on these games... and I cannot let my Broncos love get in the way of that. I think we have an outstanding shot to win the super bowl this year. And I did put a grand on us winning the AFC. I think that we will have the #1 offense in the league this year and a top 10 D easily... maybe top 5. I believe that we are much deeper and better than we were last season, when we did have Doom. Our offense is so much more versatile and explosive... and Peyton is in his second year with us now. Remember how slow he started off last season? Look at the progression... and then look at week 1 of this year. I am so excited for this season... it is insane. And Shaun Phillips is a great player, but he is not as good as Elvis Dumervil at this point. The end.
            Thats over exaggerating a bit - LOL
            - ALL THE TIME LOL?
            sigpic

Comment

Sat next to SP's lady friend - one of em' at least - on the plane ride over from Los Angeles. She was a Steelers fan, apparently they're both from PA, but she showed me her custom made Phillips jersey since the NFL hasn't done pre-mades for him yet.

Cool chick, and he sounds like a really cool guy too. Said he was thrilled to get out of San Diego, and that he loves Denver so far. Apparently he's been very complimentary of the city, the organization, and especially the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                Not sure how much the Broncos staff trusts Ramirez. For a guy that "looks like a natural fit" they sure keep trying to put a guy on the field ahead of him.

I would not be surprised to see a Center drafted in the first two rounds next year.

We are getting way ahead of ourselves though. By next draft we will have plenty to talk about. DE, ILB, even RB could still be in the discussion, once again!
                When Walton went on PUP, Koppen came in probably to start. He got hurt right away, so no telling how that would have gone.

Some were predicting that Manny would be destroyed by Ngata, but that didn't happen. Personally, I have more confidence in Manny against big 0 techs.

It seems apparent now that Koppen was brought in because of a lack of confidence in C.J. Davis, Philip Blake and Quentin Saulsberry, not Manny. Looks like Vallos and Lilja were brought in for depth and Vallos surprisingly beat out Lilja.

Vallos may not be the #6 O-Lineman. Kuper isn't 100% yet, but has taken some practice snaps at C. Moffit played C at Wisconsin and probably reps at C in practice. They should both play some C on scout team to be ready.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I didnt want to log in but this post was way off.

#1 Phillips and Dumervil are only 3 years apart age wise, so Phillips still has alot left
                  #2 It was Miller that got doubled, not Elvis
                  #3 Phillips is more diverse than Elvis who YES is a ONE TRICK PONY

Most important....Phillips is ALLLLLLLLOT cheaper and we might even get better production because he fits the scheme better.

The end.
                  sigpic

Comment

Um... Franklin locked him down Thursday night by himself for one thing.. his only sack came against a TE an inexperienced one at that. I'd hope he can get a sack from that lol.

Plus Dumervil doesn't give it his all 100% of the time and wears down late in games.

He's not an impact player who deserves 14 mil a year that's why Denver cut him down to 9 a year and Balt offered him what 9/10 mil a year.

We got more production in 1 game from a player getting 1 mil a year than we did from Dumervil all year last year.
                    Follow me on Twitter
                    @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

• Oh and Phillips was shutting the run down on his side too. So there's that
                      Follow me on Twitter
                      @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

• this is very simple.

Doom is one of the best 3rd down rushers in the game today.

Philips is one of the best and most complete edge rushers in the game today.

Ill take the man who can ball on every down, regardless he situation. The Broncos are a better team with Philips over all game.

Comment

• Doom made a few nice plays

He got pressure more than once

I recall a bullrush he laid on Franklin that sent Franklin backwards for 4-5 yards.

However

After seeing how well the defense played as a whole on Thursday, I don't think we'll miss Doom as badly as some of the fear mongers are claiming.

Phillips played well - in fact he out played Doom that nite which is very satisfying to me personally.

I have to give JDR a lot of credit. The first 2 quarters were sketchy especially on 3rd downs. Gotta hand it to Flacco - man he's good on third down. JDR was looking really stressed out in that first half - but he started taking chances and blitzing more and more and he was guessing right. JDR is the real deal as a D Coord. I'm so proud he's on our team.

Before the game, I had a ton of confidence in our offense but MANY questions about our defense - which seemed appropriate till second half of the second quarter on. JDR did it again. Can't wait to hear his interview on that game.
                          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Dooms a good player......but we got Von Miller for gods sake, you can build a defense around a talent like that....so i think we will be ok.
                            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Combo1985 View Post
                              If dumervil is so great Orlando Franklin wouldn't have graded out as our best offensive lineman against the ravens
                              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

• Think that Doom was a good player for us. He was and is a bit too one-dimensional for my taste, but still I would like to still have him around. That said I feel that Phillips is better value for money. He can do more things than Doom can and he played well against the Ravens. Happy to have him onboard. He was a good off-season pickup on our part. Hopefully he has enough fuel left in the tank for a couple more years. That is my one concern. But Thursday at least he looked good. Felt that Doom was so so, but he played against a good tackle in Clady.
                                Mile High

Comment

Working...
                                X