No announcement yet.

Del Rio in 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Peyton retires, Elway needs to offer him the offensive coordinator job with the head coaching job to be his when Fox retires.

Comment

I'd say Peyton could still play for 2-3 years. He's tearing it up and he doesn't take big hits.
      IT'S OK - The F just means Freakin' !!

Comment

Del Taco was a huge reason the Jags sucked. His in game coaching/decision making were horrible. Anyone remember when he put a tree stump in the locker room with an axe impaled in it? The punter got a hold of the axe and tried to chop wood only to strike his own punting foot. Keep chopping that wood was a punch line for Indy fans for years. He's a good defensive guy and would be best in that role. As a talent evaluator and head coach? Not so much.
        Grab a brew, dont cost nothin

Comment

I wouldn't think JDR is even on the radar for the HC position, but then again, I wouldn't have thought Fox was a consideration after going 2-14 in Jax. Fox's true colors shined in the playoffs last year and it's clear he is riding the coattails of the Broncos on-field talent, hoping not to screw it up (again). I think we all know that the Broncos had a red-carpet laid out for them to go straight to the SB last year, and the only reason it didn't materialize was because of Fox.

Anyhow, Fox will be gone when PM hangs it up. The next head coach of the Broncos will be David Shaw. If some other team doesn't scoop him up first.

Who? You say?
          Head Coach at Stanford, played under Bill Walsh and Dennis Green. OC under Jim Harbaugh. Son of a coach. Offensive-minded, smart, successful, young (41), has NFL experience, and a 25-4 record as HC at Stanford, 2-time Pac-12 Coach of the Year.

This would be an epic hire for Elway and the Broncos, and would go a long way in getting Andrew Luck in 3-4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverbulletX24 View Post
            I wouldn't think JDR is even on the radar for the HC position, but then again, I wouldn't have thought Fox was a consideration after going 2-14 in Jax. Fox's true colors shined in the playoffs last year and it's clear he is riding the coattails of the Broncos on-field talent, hoping not to screw it up (again). I think we all know that the Broncos had a red-carpet laid out for them to go straight to the SB last year, and the only reason it didn't materialize was because of Fox.

Anyhow, Fox will be gone when PM hangs it up. The next head coach of the Broncos will be David Shaw. If some other team doesn't scoop him up first.

Who? You say?
            Head Coach at Stanford, played under Bill Walsh and Dennis Green. OC under Jim Harbaugh. Son of a coach. Offensive-minded, smart, successful, young (41), has NFL experience, and a 25-4 record as HC at Stanford, 2-time Pac-12 Coach of the Year.

This would be an epic hire for Elway and the Broncos, and would go a long way in getting Andrew Luck in 3-4 years.
            I'm definately a fan of Shaw.
            sigpic

Comment

Shanahan? ... Really? ... Hmmm, lets see, he's 0-2 right now. NO THANKS on Shany. But Del Rio? ... a Big YES!

I salute you though.

Comment

Originally posted by DFence View Post
                If we could milk one more year (2014) out of Peyton Manning, who would like to see Fox retire and Del Rio take the reins?

I would absolutely love to see fox hand over the team to Del Rio with the heir apparent waiting in the stables. With a younger Del Rio, we get to keep the continuity rarely seen during a coaching change and still keep most of the team nucleus.
                What makes you think Fox would be planning to retire then?
                You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
                  What makes you think Fox would be planning to retire then?
                  I've heard this is his last coaching gig.

I could see Gase be the future HC but I wouldn't lose sleep over it if JDR was either.

Comment

Working...
                  X