Chris Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Harris

Has been my favorite cornerback since last season. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves for being such and improved player, Ints, Pass deflected, and tackles well, Awesome awareness. He almost won us the playoff game vs baltimore, but couldn't hold onto the matrix int he almost had in OT. Anyways just wondering if anyone else feels the same way about under rated Chris Harris (better then porter, or goodman)

He was getting roughed up tonight... I love CH too, but he is a nickel corner, not an outside guy. I don't know if it's because he isn't fast enough or if he is not using the right technique, but he is getting burned too much for comfort

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
      He was getting roughed up tonight... I love CH too, but he is a nickel corner, not an outside guy. I don't know if it's because he isn't fast enough or if he is not using the right technique, but he is getting burned too much for comfort
      He was in man coverage against one of the top WR's in the NFL and not a very good pass rush to back him up. He did get roughed up today, but he's still a hell of a corner.

Comment

I don't agree he got roughed up, at least outside of the first deep play to Cruz. Other than that, he had a very good game, as he usually does nowadays. He's good in coverage and a very good tackler. Yes, Cruz had some catches (not all on Harris) but was not a big threat after the first deep ball. Cruz is also one of the best WRs in the league and the pass rush today was not very good. Harris can play on the outside too but the slot position is not of "lesser" value...in fact it's critical nowadays with the way teams are passing.

Comment

Love CH guy is a stud besides the first long ball to cruz he kept him in check considering how good cruz did last week I would know hes on my ffantasy

Comment

He got beat by one of the top WR's in the game. That does not mean he can't play outside, and with our pass rush there's no way you can accurately state he got "roughed up". Did he get thrown at? Yes. Did he make just as many, if not more, impact plays than he gave up? Two games, two picks. He's more often than not in the right place at the right time, and is going to hopefully be a Bronco for a very long time.

Props to Rahim also.

Comment

Big plays happen, sometimes it's just the result of a great play by a WR and QB. Cruz got his a lot when the LBs had to blitz leaving open space for him to operate. I dont care who you put in there, Cruz would have got his. That said at the end of the day how many times did Cruz score? Harris may have given up yards, but not TDs and that's what matters.
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Chris is a stud. Every corner gets beat now and then. I would take him over many corners in the league right now. I have been on his bandwagon since the beginning of his career. He will be our #2 soon IMO. DRC looks really good too. I think we might have something with Harris, Nacho, Moore and DRC. We get a pass rush back, this is going to be a scary defense.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by simplistickhaos View Post
                  Chris is a stud. Every corner gets beat now and then. I would take him over many corners in the league right now. I have been on his bandwagon since the beginning of his career. He will be our #2 soon IMO. DRC looks really good too. I think we might have something with Harris, Nacho, Moore and DRC. We get a pass rush back, this is going to be a scary defense.
                  Not to mention Champ coming back in a week or two as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by simplistickhaos View Post

Yes with two bums to return called Von and Champ.

Comment

Chris Harris has been an absolute stud out there. He is the epitome of a Denver Broncos FA pick. I bet he is one of the hardest working guys during the week too, because it really shows in games.
                      We are going with Plan A

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                        Covering Cruz out of the slot is a damn near impossible task. He lost the battle, but I didn't expect more of Harris.
                        Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Almost every analyst has said he is the best nickel in the game. I think that says a lot. Still he was about as good as Dallas was at stopping Cruz.

Carter and DRC off Randle were amazing he was shut down and Nicks was a shadow of what he normally is. Harris doesnt jam receivers so pushing him to the outside is a weakness of his. Hes not fast but he is quick so he can make up for his speed and doesnt get burned a lot. Carter is much better at being physical (especially with within the rules) which is why he had more success.
                          Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-16-2013, 09:46 AM.
                          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

I'm impressed with Harris and he has really improved a lot. Some may think he got roughed up, but dude held his own against one of the most dangerous wide outs in the NFL right now. Harris is a nickel corner and was able to lock down Cruz for the most part. To me this bolds well for Denver's future. If Harris continues to improve, at some point when Roland retires, I wouldn't be worried about our secondary. Especially with Duke seemingly being a steal, DRC looks to be finally reaching that potential we all have been talking about since he entered the league, and Tony Carter is looking good too.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Not sure why people are complaining about his performance, Cruz is as good as it gets in the slot and in general.

Did about as good as one could do on Cruz.

Comment

Working...
                              X