Do we really miss Bailey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we really miss Bailey?

I am not making any judgement about his ability, but honestly, do we really miss baily?
    our secondary is playing OUTSTANDING as a unit, safties covering backs and TEs running to the ball, tight wr coverage and well executed zone coverage from our corners.
    how much will chnge when CHAMP gets inserted?
    do we put CHAMP on the #2 wr and allow us to bracket the opponents #1?

VON?
    heck we just put hiom on the field and tell him to rush the QB, but champ has to fit in to a system, just thinking out loud, concerned about the defensive chemistry when both return, but mostly, champ.

for example:
    do you trust champ 1 on 1 with dez?

Comment

I have no idea who that is. I do miss Champ Bailey though...

When Champ comes back, he will cover the No 1 like he's been doing for the past 10 years. DRC will go to No. 2 and Harris to the slot, and our defense will be just that much more improved.

Once Miller comes back, it will be even better. Our pass rush has been laughable, the only way we're getting to the QB is when we blitz, with Von on the field that won't be necessary, he can get to the QB and that will only cause turnovers. He can know the ball out or force the QB to throw it and give the DBs a chance to pick it up.

Comment

forgive me, but you are asking if we miss a top 5/10 cornerback in the NFL?

yes.

beyond his athletic ability, meaning coverage skills, sound tackling, taking great angles, his leadership and being a sound vet makes a difference.

you are worried about chemistry? he adds to that if anything. having DB depth in a passing league is a huge advantage especially when you are talking about a guy as great as champ. let alone the fact teams pass on us considering they need to keep up w/ our O.

how could you not want champ back??

Comment

Champ was our defensive scheme last year, when he comes back we will be able blitz more effectively

Comment

Of course we do. What kind of a silly question is that?

Are you telling me you'd rather have Tony Carter out there, rather than Champ Bailey?
            2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Lol of course we miss Champ. You are talking about top 5 CB in today's game even with the decline of his physical abilities. Lets be honest here Champ is long past his athletic prime which is fine and understandable being 35 years old, but he makes it up for it in football knowledge and elite skills.
              Last edited by Chillez; 09-30-2013, 12:46 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

We allow 327 ypg through the air and our defense is ranked 26th because of it.

Yes a lot of that is garbage time yards and points but it's still alot to give up.

We miss him a ton.
                sigpic

Comment

Have we missed a step with him being out? Probably. If he was out the whole season, would it matter? Probably not. When Champ does come back it will only add to our depth and make us that much better. But I do believe we have been just fine without him. I can't wait to see him back out on the field again though.
                  WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                    Of course we do. What kind of a silly question is that?

Are you telling me you'd rather have Tony Carter out there, rather than Champ Bailey?
                    Carter may lead the league in holding and PI calls by the end of the season. Still I do like that hes a competitor, Bailey healthy is just as good especially since he would no longer need to cover the primary receiver

We still lead the league in most long passes allowed. So to say our D is complete without Bailey is overlooking a potential problem. Yes we shutdown a team that likes to go deep regularly but we still allow holes, DRC is a shutdown corner and Bailey is still coming of 4 straight Pro Bowls dont underestimate the advantage of having both

BELIEVE IT OR NOT THE BRONCOS WERE ACTUALLY BETTER AGAINST THE PASS LAST YEAR

So yes adding Bailey and Miller I think when healthy will only make us better
                    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-30-2013, 12:51 PM.
                    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

do you trust champ one on one with DEZ ?

Comment

Originally posted by AZ bronco View Post
                        do you trust champ one on one with DEZ ?
                        He wont be 1 on 1 with Dez, neither would Carter. Do you trust Carter 1 on 1 with Dez
                        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                          He wont be 1 on 1 with Dez, neither would Carter. Do you trust Carter 1 on 1 with Dez
                          tell this guy.

FABRIZIO SAYS...

When Champ comes back, he will cover the No 1 like he's been doing for the past 10 years. DRC will go to No. 2 and Harris to the slot, and our defense will be just that much more improved.

Comment

I would have Champ shut down the opposing team's #2 receiver and have DRC cover the #1 with help. Harris can cover the slot.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ bronco View Post
                              tell this guy.

FABRIZIO SAYS...

Whoever covers Dez whether it be Champ or DRC is going to have safety help most of the game...
                              2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X